PDA

View Full Version : Electric Bird Launchers

dakotawinters
09-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Hey just wondering what everybody uses.... i need the good the bad and the ugly bout them.

I have tritronics training collars, love them to bits (G3 Sport)

Just wondering which brand is the best for the launchers.... or if anybody has any used ones. As i am wanting to hit the birds :-)

sakohunter
09-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Hey, I have innotek launchers and they work great. I believe that Lion Country Supply has the own brand if launcher that are the same as the old innotek launchers. Reasonable prices for them as well.

Kasomor
09-22-2010, 11:45 PM
Are you talking about a box launcher for flushing pigeons or a winger for chucking ducks/ pheasant/ pigeons?

I just bought a Son of A Gun remote winger by Gunners Up with Dogtra electronics.

I bought the Tritronics electronics first but sent the package back and got the Dogtra instead.

The Tritronics sound sucks. Dogtra sounds like a real duck....fooled my dogs :-D My friends dogs tried to retrieve the phone when I played it for them. :mrgreen:

I bought the Tritronics electronics first because it says it is water-proof. I have it on good authority that it isn't. I'll be doing the plastic bag over the receiver thing.

I also have a Bumper Boy. You can buy "bird baskets" for the unit. I did...used the baskets a couple of times and then sold them.

Kasomor

dakotawinters
09-23-2010, 12:41 PM
they are the pigeon launchers. For a pointing dog. I want the birds to fly away.

Tron
09-23-2010, 03:17 PM
I use the DT 509 remote launcher and so do others I train with. They work well and no problems so far. Cost is reasonable compared to others as well.

Kasomor
09-23-2010, 05:48 PM
where are you all getting pigeons from?

I know about the auction. Any other sources of pigeons under $5 each?

dakotawinters
09-27-2010, 03:46 PM
a few of the members had them, hard to get their hands on them.

Buck
09-27-2010, 07:11 PM
I have DT remote launchers with the side loading they work very well .Bought them from Cabellas.

1/2 slam
09-28-2010, 08:09 PM
I have 3 of the manual launchers. They're for sale.

EastVanVizsla
10-06-2010, 12:12 AM
I've got DT brand remote launchers and have used both the Dogtra and Tri-tronics ones. I would strongly recommend the Dogtra ones out of the bunch. I would also recommend gundogsupply as a good place to get them. the customer service there has been really great in my experience.

dakotawinters
10-07-2010, 11:17 AM
how much are manual launchers?