PDA

View Full Version : good huntn oants

Fullcurled4point
09-21-2010, 08:45 PM
hey guys
im lookn to buy some pants for this in between time of year...you know not to cold but not that warm. i spend a lot of time in the high country for muleees and elk n sheep..any suggestions on some pants??? camo or not

pembified
09-21-2010, 08:50 PM
mec scholler fabric pants work great. They used to have a grey colour, no idea would the designer name would be, but they breathe, moderately rain proof, wind proof and brush proof.

moose2
09-21-2010, 09:08 PM
I use the browning pre vent. I find them really good this time of year. They are insulated wind,waterproof and breathable and come in camo. I like them with waterproof boots. If you have to cross a creek I just use a few wraps of electrical tape around the pants over the boots , instant waders. I did blow out one of the lower leg zippers but the provided snap seems to work ok, and they still don't leak. they are about $150.00 but do seem durable.Hope this helps.
MIKE

Spuddge
09-22-2010, 07:50 AM
I use the browning pre vent. I find them really good this time of year. They are insulated wind,waterproof and breathable and come in camo. I like them with waterproof boots. If you have to cross a creek I just use a few wraps of electrical tape around the pants over the boots , instant waders. I did blow out one of the lower leg zippers but the provided snap seems to work ok, and they still don't leak. they are about $150.00 but do seem durable.Hope this helps.
MIKE

X2 on the Browning pre vents, a bit too warm for August/September but excellent for the colder months.

Sangstercraft
09-22-2010, 08:22 AM
What about the Remington brand? they any good?

Tarp Man
09-22-2010, 09:38 AM
I have used the MEC brand of Schoeller pants now for 4 years and they have stood up to some serious high country abuse. They are thicker than most quick dry stuff, have a bit of stretch to them, and have been tough enough to withstand some serious bush bashing. As they do stretch a bit when you move, make sure to buy them a bit more snug than a pair of jeans. They are not insulated, but for high country stuff and that "in between" time of warm summer and cold fall they are the cat's meow. Pricey? Yes, but worth it in every way. Just ask Stone Sheep Steve what he wears.

Chuck
09-22-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm old school, and if you asked me, I'd say Melton wool. But these are best worn under severe hunting conditions, like wet or wet & cold - deep snow etc.
Very durable and the last time I bought a pair was Mark's Workwear. Brand name "BIG BILL" made in Canada back east.

Squamch
09-22-2010, 06:21 PM
What about the Remington brand? they any good?

My Remington pants kept me bone dry for 7 hours of pissing rain and hiking through the bush.
A pair of really light wool long johns underneath keep the slightly unpleasant liners off your legs.