PDA

View Full Version : kelowna elk

huntersam
09-21-2010, 08:29 PM
i've started seeing more and more elk around the kelowna area this year, seen quite a few cows and a couple of bulls. one bull must of been around the 6 point range. went back to the spot i saw it yesterday and called for a couple of hours. just before dusk i let out a few last bugles before making out way back out to the quad. just as i got up and got my things together i started walking to the other side of the ridge and saw a huge bull tearing away.
i was just wondering if you guys could give me some advice on the calling, how long do you sit there for while calling and if you to are seeing elk in this same area this year you can pm me, any tips would be good.

shawnwells
09-21-2010, 08:38 PM
be there for very first or very last light for sure...and dont bugle while riding your quad...for sure...and theres way more to er than that...but i gotta go to bed soon...

huntersam
09-21-2010, 08:46 PM
yeah i park the quad then hike in for a good ways, sat there for around 2 hours and saw or heard nothing, then when leaving there he was just on the other side of the ridge, hiking out i spooked him and i turned to see him running for cover