PDA

View Full Version : Gonna Be Having Some Pups!!

IronNoggin
09-21-2010, 05:25 PM
So Asuilu, our 1/2 Arctic Wolf, 1/4 lab and 1/4 Shepherd came into heat just a bit over a month ago. Amaruq, my precocious 1/2 Timber Wolf 1/2 Alaskan Husky Pup was barely at 10 months at the time. Too damn early, so The Missuz and I intentionally kept them apart. Well.. tried that is. One morning they got out together, were found within moments in the back corner, stuck together... Dammit.

Figuring Amaruq was FAR to young to be shooting anything real, we simply didn't worry about it. Guess we should have... :wink:

Came home a few days ago, and all the signs (and hormonal attitude) are there. From a month ago in Fighting Shape, basically a Lean Mean Machine, Asuilu now bulges. Gone are the muscular lines, replaced by a sagging belly and bulging boobs.

At first I damn near panicked! Uncertain of what Amaruq was even capable of producing at such an early age! So, off to my Buddy the Vet. No worries he said, the pups will be Fine! Then a new feeling, a Super Cool Feeling that is! We are gonna have PUPS! First time in many years, and both The Missuz and I are Glowing with the thought! :mrgreen:

Of course there are issues to deal with. Asuilu gets crankier every day that passes, and Amaruq is at a loss to figure out why. But methinks this will indeed work out in the end!

I've been collecting bones and scraps from all my Buddies who have been successful in their hunts this year, in return for butchering efforts. Methinks those pups are going to be extremely well developed on that particular diet!!

Here's a picture of Asuilu in form:

http://gallery.fishbc.com/albums/Ironnoggin/Asuilu.jpg

And Amaruq at Seven months+

http://gallery.fishbc.com/albums/Ironnoggin/Amaruq_7_months_plus_4.jpg

And from this summer swimming getting close to 10 months:

http://gallery.fishbc.com/albums/Ironnoggin/DogSwim_6.jpg

They do make a gorgeous couple! The Lad is now nearing in on 11 months, and topping the scales at 120 pounds. Asuilu isn't quite as large, runs around 85 or so pounds when she is in shape. Methinks we are going to see some rather interesting and great Looking Pups!

I can hardly wait!!

Cheers,
Nog

newhunterette
09-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Congratulations Grampydog

Beautiful dogs - I can well imagine how absolutely gorgeous them pups will be

Big Blaze
09-21-2010, 07:09 PM
nice looking dogs, are you going to be selling any of the pups?

IronNoggin
09-21-2010, 07:39 PM
nice looking dogs, are you going to be selling any of the pups?

Possibly. I have a current waiting list and the first two males are Definitely spoken for (for 2 years, even before Amaruq even entered the picture). So, it will depend on what and how many she has. And of course with these particular hybrids, we will be screening carefully all those that might apply...

Cheers,
Nog

BromBones
09-21-2010, 07:54 PM
One of those pups would make a good packdog for the trapline:)

Should be some great looking dogs there.

IronNoggin
10-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Oh Man! Asuilu is now a Beach Ball on stilts! :-D
Was s'posed to wander over to the LML for the first time in many many years next weekend, BUT that is now OUT! Methinks that any animal or two-legs that gets close now will have a whole world of defensive aggression right in their faces... LOL!

She continues to be The Bitch, but Amaruq now appears to understand (funny how males of any species pick up on just when to be Humble! :wink:)

Suspect 4 or so as we can feel that many kicking to get out! Any moment now...

Will post a few pix once the happy moment happens...

Cheers,
Nog

bsa30-06
10-03-2010, 10:35 AM
lookin forward to the pictures,those are two beautiful dogs you have.

IronNoggin
10-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Just found out today that one of the fellows who had a Male on reserve had been transferred and can't take one at this time. So, it does look like we'll be advertising in the not to distant future. First call of course to those who have already PM'd me.

Cheers,
Matt