PDA

View Full Version : Fisherman Creek Road outside Grand Forks

sapper
09-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Google Maps shows a "Fisherman's Creek Rd." running between the N. Fork Rd that runs up the Granby River from Grand Forks to highway 3. It looks like it would be a more direct route than driving through GF. Does anyone know the condition of this road and if it would be possible to tow a trailer through there?

j270wsm
09-20-2010, 08:48 PM
I cant remember ever seeing "Fisherman's rd". Where are you going to and where from? I have family in GF and could probably find out any info for you.

d6dan
09-20-2010, 09:07 PM
He's probably talking about/looking at the Eholt/Brown ck road..

sapper, pm Canuck2. he lives in GF and I'm sure he wouldn't mind helping you..

j270wsm
09-20-2010, 09:09 PM
I found fisherman's creek road. I also looked at it on google earth. N.Fork rd is about 1800ft elevation and fisherman's creek rd climbs to over 3200ft, looking at some of the pics on google earth, it looks to me as if it is a narrow road that doesnt seem to get much use. How big and old is your trailer.

sapper
09-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks all. Canuck2 has already pm'ed me and cautioned against it. I think the road might be one we tried to find last year too and soon realized that a line on Google Earth doesn't always look the same on the ground.
We're heading from the LML to the Grand Forks area. A colleague at work has in-laws up the Granby that are letting us use their place as a base for a trip in October. I thought we might be able to save some time by cutting over but it sounds like it won't work.

bobboa
09-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Thanks all. Canuck2 has already pm'ed me and cautioned against it. I think the road might be one we tried to find last year too and soon realized that a line on Google Earth doesn't always look the same on the ground.
We're heading from the LML to the Grand Forks area. A colleague at work has in-laws up the Granby that are letting us use their place as a base for a trip in October. I thought we might be able to save some time by cutting over but it sounds like it won't work.

I am not sure as to when Canuck 2 was last on the Brown Creek-Eholt road but I took it last night on a deer hunt and it was in fantastic shape and that was after a few days of rain off and on. It is a typical washboard gravel road. Then again we were only doing about 30 km/hr in the truck looking for that big buck!

Canuck2
09-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Fisherman Creek Rd and Brown Creek Rd are two different kettles of fish. The former was the road in question and I'd avoid it with a trailer. The other, quite doable but I'd rather take my trailer the long way around. Wouldn't save a whole lot of time anyway with the difference of expected travel speeds.

sapper
09-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the advice on both roads, Canuck2 and bobboa.