PDA

View Full Version : Out Of Provence Permit For My Brother..

hunter1947
09-20-2010, 11:04 AM
My brother arrived in my hunting camp last night to hunt he lives out of BC.

I filed the permit out on Aug 10th this year and they still have not give the ok for him to hunt :icon_frow.

I came out of the bush went to Service BC to talk to them about this permit ,they then talked to a lady named Miss Hagel in Victoria.

They talked to her and she said she might have the permit forums finalized today ,keeping my fingers crossed ,mean time no elk hunting for me till we get this permit issue solved ,will wait here till 330pm today and look at my emails to see if this permit has been passed ????..

Tuffcity
09-20-2010, 12:22 PM
I applied for one on May 27 and received it August 09th. Good luck, hope it shows up.

RC

1/2 slam
09-20-2010, 12:52 PM
I've done it twice. Took a while.

trigger
09-20-2010, 01:30 PM
what a piss off wayner.

depopulator
09-20-2010, 06:44 PM
My brother filed for me (former BC resident) in July, and we are to be leaving Friday. Still no permit. We've called several times but same run-round, they're backlogged, more applications than expected, etc. Given we applied well over 2 months ago (they recommended min. 30 days - yah right), and we have booked a fixed window for holidays, this is totally unacceptable by the BC government. Hopefully they come through !

northernhunter
09-20-2010, 06:49 PM
I got one 2 years ago for my buddy from alberta files in early july, got it middle of september the day before he got here. very slow,but if you keep bugging them sometimes it helps.

wicket
09-21-2010, 03:46 AM
hope it gets too you soon. my bro has to continually harass the folks in victoria to get mine in time when i come out. we apply way early as well. i dont mind waiting though as it is a priviledge to be able to hunt in bc without a outfitter.

sawmill
09-21-2010, 04:34 AM
It`s hard to get hunting stuff from people who don`t hunt,don`t aprove of hunting,live in the city and "work" for the Goverment.
Bet if you applied for a rabbit re-location permit you would get it in 2 days.

grizzlydown
09-21-2010, 06:28 AM
My brother arrived in my hunting camp last night to hunt he lives out of BC.

I filed the permit out on Aug 10th this year and they still have not give the ok for him to hunt :icon_frow.

I came out of the bush went to Service BC to talk to them about this permit ,they then talked to a lady named Miss Hagel in Victoria.

They talked to her and she said she might have the permit forums finalized today ,keeping my fingers crossed ,mean time no elk hunting for me till we get this permit issue solved ,will wait here till 330pm today and look at my emails to see if this permit has been passed ????..

I applied the very same day and just recieved my permit yesterday at 2:30 in my email. I was sweating a little bit as of Friday last week and a nice lady named Dawn in Victoria told me the number of accompany to hunt permits this year is staggering. I have faith Hunter1947 that your permit will be there today!!!:-D Does make me wonder though...they authorized two goat tags for my friends that are coming!!! Some species should be off limits to out of province hunters. Like how Sask. protects their trophy Mule Deer to resident/draw only.

jamfarm
09-21-2010, 06:57 AM
This Permit to Accompany thing has got to change.

It is so inconvenient for a hunter to have a friend/family member come hunting with them in BC. As it stands now the non-resident already has to pay increased fees for their license, tags and royalty fees. I totally support the idea that a non-res hunter has to hunt with a resident but having to fill out this paperwork, waiting and hoping that the PtA will show up is ridiculous.

Springer
09-21-2010, 07:32 AM
WE got lucky and it only took 4 weeks for our Hunt starting Sept 23rd.
I agree things should change in BC to the 21st century !!! In Alberta for example when a New hunter shows up you go to any licence issuer and the out of province hunter puts his particulars onto a piece of paper and you get issued your WIN card ( Wildlife Identification Number ), a couple minutes later he does the same on the Hunter Host form and it is issued on the spot. Now the out of province tags are bought and away you go !!! Pretty simple hey!

grizzlydown
09-21-2010, 12:09 PM
WE got lucky and it only took 4 weeks for our Hunt starting Sept 23rd.
I agree things should change in BC to the 21st century !!! In Alberta for example when a New hunter shows up you go to any licence issuer and the out of province hunter puts his particulars onto a piece of paper and you get issued your WIN card ( Wildlife Identification Number ), a couple minutes later he does the same on the Hunter Host form and it is issued on the spot. Now the out of province tags are bought and away you go !!! Pretty simple hey!
So when are you taking me Flat-land goat hunting???????? Nice Avtar pic

squirrelmonkey
10-13-2010, 09:03 PM
I applied the very same day and just recieved my permit yesterday at 2:30 in my email. I was sweating a little bit as of Friday last week and a nice lady named Dawn in Victoria told me the number of accompany to hunt permits this year is staggering. I have faith Hunter1947 that your permit will be there today!!!:-D Does make me wonder though...they authorized two goat tags for my friends that are coming!!! Some species should be off limits to out of province hunters. Like how Sask. protects their trophy Mule Deer to resident/draw only.

My partner applied for a permit on my behalf and it took exactly 4 weeks to get.
The ministry did in fact not authorise me a goat permit in the area we chose to hunt in even though it was GOS for goats in that area. they said I have to pick another area, which we did at the last minute.
That more or less F*&%$ up our well laid plans but It all worked out in the end.
Im thankful that I was given the opportunity to hunt in beautiful BC.
and look forward to returning next year.

ydouask
10-14-2010, 08:31 AM
Yes it does take too long and sure keeps one on the edge wondering if the permit will arrive on time. This appearantly does NOT go both ways... you have TEN days after the hunt ending date to file a report. If you fail to meet that date, bad things can happen. Try asking the Gov't Agent to request a FAX copy of your permit for you.. might save a couple of days waiting for the mail. Good luck on your hunt.