PDA

View Full Version : Wish I Had A Picture.

PointMan
09-20-2010, 08:56 AM
While hunting in Dee Lake area this weekend, I decided to take 2 of my kids along, Samantha - 12 and Josh - 10. Both have junior licenses. I only have the one gruse gun right now, so they had to take turns carrying it, lucky for Samantha! Her first shot at a living creature took the head clean off a juicy young hen! We were so busy giggling and high-5ing each other, we totally forgot about the other three hanging out next to us, until it was too late. LOL

She did everything right, it was a Savage 24 .22/.410 over under she was using, she didn't have her glasses on so she decided to go with .410, crept around for a clear shot and.... BANG! She's still giggling and bragging about it, can't blame her. Josh took it well too, all he says is, "Can't wait for my turn!"

bigneily
09-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Good on her, those old savage combo rifles are excellent guns for kids i've got one also , the accuracy with the open sights is deadly.

Mr. Dean
09-20-2010, 09:20 AM
Good to hear!
Now you better make it 'right' for the other one.

PointMan
09-20-2010, 09:23 AM
Good to hear!
Now you better make it 'right' for the other one.
Trust me, he's not going to let up until I do! LOL

Steeleco
09-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Ditch chickens are only the beginning. Next you'll be buying them each their own center-fire rifle. All these little victories add up to make keen young hunters. Good going Dad.

bigneily
09-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Ditch chickens:mrgreen: lol never heard that one before...