PDA

View Full Version : Rske creek resevoir rec site

RDM
09-20-2010, 07:04 AM
Has anyone camped at the Riske creek resevoir rec site?They call it Becher pond .Off hwy 20. Can you park a trailer there

srupp
09-20-2010, 08:35 PM
not right now they ARE doing renos on the damn raising the level...closest would be Meldrum creek..
steven

RDM
09-21-2010, 07:45 AM
Will Meldrum be OK after the fire?I am heading up that way around Thanks giving.I have an RV so I don`t want to off road to get to a site

lightmag
09-21-2010, 07:48 AM
meldrum creek is fine, i too will be there thanks giving weekend.

srupp
09-21-2010, 08:11 AM
Hwy 20 at Meldrum creek, on right hand side 300 yards down Meldrum creek..campgrund at a lake..with good fishing...outhouses and 25 yards off meldrum creek rd..motorhome will go in there fine..

steven:mrgreen:

RDM
09-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Last time I drove by that site there were trees cut everywhere and it looked a mess.That was a couple of years ago though.Good to be able to fish.Keep me and my son occupied in the afternoon. Can you fish from shore?Looks like it will be a good base camp

Gun Dog
09-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Pine beetle wandered though a few years ago and all the dead trees were dropped and bucked up for firewood at the rec sites. There was still lots last year. We always stay at Till Lake rec site which is much nicer than the Meldrum Creek one. The road in has a steep section but nothing a 4WD can't handle. We've taken 26' travel trailers into it. Bring a boat. The Till Lake turnoff is about 13km up the road from the highway.

srupp
09-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Till lake was one of the areas hit by the fire on the North Eastern edge..FYI..:wink:..

Both would make good "base camps"

dont know when Beechers prairie will be open??

mledrum is better for deer..and with 'some areas burned " the remaining areas will hold more deer..:mrgreen:

Steven