PDA

View Full Version : Regs question.

Steeleco
09-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Being fairly new at getting back into the fishing side of the outdoor, I'm needing a little help.

Long ago I would fish below the Haywood dam. But I see this rule in the updates

That portion of the Stave River known as the Ruskin Spawning Channel, from the inlet near the dam downstream to the boat ramp crossing

I'm OK with the rule as it always was a gong show for soon to be dead fish!!
But I'm wondering where the "boat ramp crossing" is??
It's always been a decent spot for cutties, but now having a boat, I don't want to cross the line and be fishing where it's no longer allowed.

britman101
09-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Hopefully a person who has fished there recently can give you some info as to where no fishing is allowed. However, another big area of concern will be parking as the city of Mission has posted no parking signs on the other side by the trailer park. Will be a real gong show just getting a parking spot on weekends.

Steeleco
09-19-2010, 06:46 PM
For me nowadays it's a 20min run up the river from Fort Langley. I can't get all the way into the islands, but was hoping to try for some Coho on the fly.

I wish the regs would link to a small map to avoid these confusions?

Salty
09-19-2010, 07:10 PM
I here ya Steelco whatever happened to a map - not that they were ever real good but something to go by. Not familiar with the area either unfortunately. Maybe you'll need to call to the authorities if you don't get an answer here. Or you could pose the question here http://www.bcfishingreports.com/forums/forum.php or the sister fly fishing site. Good luck with it. ..