PDA

View Full Version : Glenn St Charles passes away

Coyote
09-19-2010, 04:51 PM
One of the founders of the Pope and Young Club and modern bowhunting has gone. As bowhunters we owe Glenn a lot. It was the efforts of him and others like him that opened the door for bowhunting in the middle of the last century.

www.thearcheryhalloffame.org

'yote

Blacktail
09-19-2010, 09:12 PM
it is a sad day for archery in deed.
I am sure he will wnjoy hunting again with the likes of Fred, Saxon and Art

greybark
09-19-2010, 09:35 PM
:( Hey Coyote , Sad to hear of this Legends passing .
I attended a RMEF Expo in Seattle 35 years ago and noticed a grey haired gentleman off in a corner by himself with some bowhunting books for sale . Explaining that I just started to bowhunt He freely gave me all the time and information one could wish for .
:-D After many stories of His Canadian Hunts in which most animals elude him , I admired his ability to chuckle at his short comings and how to tell a good hunting story .
:-? After quite a while he asked me if I knew who he was and I answered NO. He explained with little fanfair that He was one of a few who started the 3-D archery events along with involment with establishing some the first bowhunting seasons in the USA and his P&Y club involvement.
:-D I did purchase a book from him titled ISHI and value his penned wishes to me inside the cover .
Several years later I visited his fantastic Archery shop and Museum in NW Seattle .
:icon_frow The Archery and Bowhunting faternity have lost a Jewel .....