PDA

View Full Version : SPOT promo code?

BlacktailStalker
09-19-2010, 04:23 PM
Does anybody know of a SPOT promo code right now before I register mine?
Thanks in advance.

Bluedsteel
09-19-2010, 05:03 PM
I used EVERYTRAIL23 as a code recently and got free tracking on google earth, I think it would have cost $50 to add that option.

BlacktailStalker
09-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Yeah i just tried that one and it said its either been used too much or not available in my area.
Thanks though

BlacktailStalker
09-19-2010, 05:07 PM
Anybody add the roadside assistance thing for $30 ? Not a bad idea maybe ?
Not sure about the GEOS thing, maybe they need that in the U.S but here we dont get gouged for rescue as far as I am aware.

Bluedsteel
09-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Another one to try is the following, also for tracking.
TRACKAPALOOZA

Sitkaspruce
09-19-2010, 09:05 PM
Anybody add the roadside assistance thing for $30 ? Not a bad idea maybe ?

I was thinking the same thing. How does it work, do I push the "I need help" or is there something else? I have the "I need Help" set up for anything not life threatening, but cannot do it my self. I would hate to have the local tow truck show up in the bush when I all I have done is twisted my ankle or back and just need help getting home.

Cheers

SS

BlacktailStalker
09-19-2010, 09:09 PM
Yeah it doesnt tell you enough. Just went with the $99 deal for now til I can confirm the roadside thing.
I made one of my special messages say I need help as in a mechanical problem and if I send this 3 times in a row, call me a tow truck.

JeffR
09-19-2010, 10:50 PM
Yeah i just tried that one and it said its either been used too much or not available in my area.
Thanks though

I forget the code I used, but it told me it didn't work either, but when I tried the tracking service it worked fine.