PDA

View Full Version : Another Core Instructor post

knighthunter
09-19-2010, 09:36 AM
I didn't want to hijack the other post so here goes. I was in contact last year with a core instructor about a situation that I had been told about. A hunter that had taken the course and was in the habit of carrying 2 different calibere's of ammo in the same cardboard/paper box. He was shooting with his son hence the 2 different cal's. I figured that this was an accident waiting to happen. When I told the instructor about this and that maybe he should be telling future students not to be doing this. He said to me that he, himself does that and he didn't see a problem with it.

BlacktailStalker
09-19-2010, 09:38 AM
Some people behind the wheel are an accident waiting to happen, does that mean everybody shouldn't drive ?

Tenacious Billy
09-19-2010, 09:39 AM
Let me get this straight.....So you "heard" about a guy that keeps two different kinds of bullets in the same cardboard box?????

Blacktail
09-19-2010, 09:44 AM
Idiot!!:wink:

Steeleco
09-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Spend $20 and buy 2 different ammo wallets??
That said, if the two calibre's were vastly different, it matters not.
I'm not going to get my 444 in my son's 7-08 no matter how hard I try!!

500grhollowpoint
09-19-2010, 10:15 AM
If you guys would worry about yourselves and less time worrying about what everyone else was doing....

Are we here to share a passion for hunting or to whine about other peoples hunting methods? Especially about a second hand story?

Oh yea and at any given time I have 3 different calibers minimum in the same POCKET!

There is 6 different calibers in the cupholder in my truck RIGHT NOW!

r106
09-19-2010, 01:10 PM
[quote=500grhollowpoint;748367]If you guys would worry about yourselves and less time worrying about what everyone else was doing....

Are we here to share a passion for hunting or to whine about other peoples hunting methods? Especially about a second hand story?

quote]

X2 I would carry 30-06 and say 270 in the same container. Why is it your busness what some guy carrys.
________
VAPORIZER WHOLESALER (http://vaporizerwholesaler.com)

Steeleco
09-19-2010, 01:23 PM
Your all missing the point of the OP. The point was, to show how some bad habits shouldn't be taught.

Sure many of us with vast experience would never put a .270 in a 30.06. But a new hunter in the haste of his first animal could do just that, and we all suppose we know how much damage that may do.

500grhollowpoint
09-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Your all missing the point of the OP. The point was, to show how some bad habits shouldn't be taught.

I hear you. I agree, but my point was to quit whining, get out and hunt.

knighthunter
09-19-2010, 05:13 PM
The guy that did it told me himself that he did that and he is my son in law teaching his son to hunt. Also he destroyed a 6.5x55 that I had bought him for a deer hunting rifle due to his carelessness. It also cost him the benefit of ever hunting with me. So if anyone can learn from this, I hope it helps someone. If you think that I am whineing, tell someone who cares. Cause I sure as heck don't care what you think of me.