PDA

View Full Version : What are the best camo colors for hunting clothing in BC?

Martin_Hunter
09-19-2010, 07:38 AM
What are the best camo colours or colour for hunting clothing in BC,besides white (not considering snow)?

I think these colours are good,when there is no snow around:

1.dark green
2.brown
3.gray
4.black

I'm not sure how a blend of 2 or more of these colours (or any other colours) would work.
Any ideas?

358win
09-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Use a blend of colors to break up your human shape. None of it maters if you are a U.V. glow.
http://www.bowhunting.net/artman/publish/atskodeersee.shtml

weatherby_man
09-23-2010, 12:53 PM
I blend colours and am going to lighter colours than I used to. I've been convinced dark moving blobs can often show up more to animals, whether camo'd or not. And of course mostly depends on how the surrounding vegetation is coloured.

Good point on the UV 358win. Remember animals dont "see" the same as we do.

coach
09-23-2010, 06:53 PM
I've got the new gore opti-fade open country from sitka gear. Great pattern. A few days ago, I walked right up to a spruce grouse. It was like he didn't even see me!

On a serious note, there are tons of guys on here that don't wear camo and have been successful hunters for many years. The ability to stay out of the animals sight, approach from downwind, use elevation changes or natural blinds to your advantage outperforms any camo. That being said, I'm a gear slut and would never feel comfortable without the latest and greatest pattern.

BiG Boar
09-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Lighter the better. Tans brown blends. Most camo is too dark. Look at the color of the dirt and brush you're in.

JDR
09-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Lighter the better. Tans brown blends. Most camo is too dark. Look at the color of the dirt and brush you're in.

Yeah I agree. I live in the okanagan and prefer lighter camo with an open pattern because it blends in better and breaks up your outline. With some of the darker patterns (i.e. Mossy Oak) the dark patches blend together and you appear as one dark giant blob.

dougal
09-23-2010, 07:21 PM
mossy oak it brings out the blue in my eyes

Bow Walker
09-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Here on the Wet Coast the preferred camo color is the old fashioned BDU camo....a mix of black, with two shades of green. Probably the newer camo (computer generated) will do the same job, but I prefer the older BDU-type camo.

Squamch
09-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Carhartt brown bottoms and stanfields grey tops.

Doe Eyes
09-29-2010, 04:44 AM
Um Helloooo?
PINK cammo of course...duh

Tanya
09-29-2010, 06:02 AM
Depends where and what season. B.C. coastal is different by far than say Kamloops, and so on. It's more about play the wind and move slow and at the right times than about the pattern anyhow for big game. Tough to beat Max4 for waterfowling most of the time though - except during snow season then whites.

saddlemaker
09-29-2010, 07:59 AM
what ever happened to a plaid shirt and wool pants..... Even the bowhunters of the 50's 60's 70's and even 80's more often than not didn't wear camo. I buy camo because it seems that the quality garments are camo. eg: quiet ,warm and waterproof. Do they help you get more game , I am not convinced.... :)

Maybe I am wrong but the biggest advantage of camo goes to the manufactuers as they produce more we buy more.

rred
09-29-2010, 08:26 AM
Whatevers on sale at Cabelas.

mijinkal
09-29-2010, 09:00 AM
I buy camo because it's clothing made for hunters and it suits my needs. I'll look at the options and features that the camo has before I look at the pattern, also the price.
I bought my camo from http://www.asatcamo.com/

Rubicon500
09-29-2010, 09:15 AM
No matter what colour your wearing someone will have a reason not to wear it. I wear whatever I feel like wearing and never seem to have a problem. Camos a fad

BlacktailStalker
09-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Stay still, best camo there is.

.330 Dakota
09-29-2010, 02:59 PM
Levi's blue-jeans and a tan shirt work fine for me. I always laugh at the guys you see wearing full camo and never get out of the truck

elkdom
09-29-2010, 04:10 PM
as wildlife see/identifies objects by means of shades and tints, and not color, it really dont mean $hit what color your cammo/ or clothing is,,,

what is important is to not have clothing with high UV highlights, and most of all motion,movement gets you BUSTED!:shock:

but if you need to look F'nnnnnnnnn CooooooooooooL,,? wear the most expensive cammo you can FINANCE!:twisted:

kyleklassen
09-29-2010, 06:12 PM
stansfeilds gray works for everything.