PDA

View Full Version : 2010 dream of a lifetime sheep trip

newhunterette
09-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Peter and 2 buddies are heading out on a spectacular journey and adventure this coming week, driving many miles and flying even more and then boating a few more to a magical spot for Sheep hunting. Tags for goat, moose, bear, elk and of course the sheep have been purchased.

Thanks to our wonderful friend Srupp, these boys have been equiped with a magnificient list for their packs to keep them well fed and warm and safe.

Sat phone is rented and Globalstar Spot is waiting for the go.

Packs are being packed up to the big weigh in tomorrow to be sure they arent over their flight limit.

Today I felt so great walking into Wholesale Sports and buying Peter a new GPS unit as his older model (although works great) is too heavy for the pack (will be given to Azshia as her's is way out of date).

I made 12 lbs of jerky, sure hope they don't need to take it all with them, lol, bought Mountains House meals, granola and trail mix, instant oatmeal, powdered milk - it's all about the calories and carbs I hear.

He has waited a long time for this experience and I am so glad that it comes the same year as our 25th anniversary - mark another milestone and to do off the bucket list.

kennyj
09-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Sounds like an Awesome adventure! Hope everyone has a great time and comes home safe.
kenny

srupp
09-19-2010, 09:09 AM
Alli..to ENSURE that the new SPOT works flawlessly please add my personal E-MAIL contact to Peters daily check in list...as the PRO STAFF for Western Canada I am concerned I know that everything is going perfect...and that includes exactly where he is hunting sheep...OOOPS

aware of it you are indeed one lucky DUDE..one might even say spoiled :wink:..see what years of hard work acomplishes...

Steven

Spot Canada Pro Staff

friend..

TIKA 300
09-19-2010, 09:13 AM
Have a great trip,cant wait for pics and reports

Elkhound
09-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Can Peter hide me in his pack and take me with him.:-D

newhunterette
09-19-2010, 11:01 PM
of course he wrote down the wrong date - grrrrrrrrr mad rush now to get everything finished - he leaves tomorrow so guess who has a million and one things to do tomorrow :(

spoiled man

Leaseman
09-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Alli..to ENSURE that the new SPOT works flawlessly please add my personal E-MAIL contact to Peters daily check in list...as the PRO STAFF for Western Canada I am concerned I know that everything is going perfect...and that includes exactly where he is hunting sheep...OOOPS

aware of it you are indeed one lucky DUDE..one might even say spoiled :wink:..see what years of hard work acomplishes...

Steven

Spot Canada Pro Staff

friend..

"SPOILED"..... Pete forgot what that word means many,many, many years ago.....:mrgreen:

All I can say is he is one lucky boy..........:wink:

willyqbc
09-20-2010, 09:18 AM
of course he wrote down the wrong date - grrrrrrrrr mad rush now to get everything finished - he leaves tomorrow so guess who has a million and one things to do tomorrow :sad:

and exactly how many kids do you have???:mrgreen: Jeeze....when he has sheep blood on his face and you're not there....who's gonna spit on a kleenex and wipe it off for him???:mrgreen:

Seriuosly though, wish him good luck for me and tell him to bring back lots of pics!

Chris

newhunterette
09-20-2010, 05:15 PM
and he is off on the adventure.

I got his "spot" up and running (thanks Srupp)
I got his "sil tarp" in a rush (was supposed to be deleivered tomorrow but well the date mix hap happend)
I got the info the rental sat phone (guess he has to have the instructions to work it)
I got his food organized, his gear organized (all together his pack weighed in at just over 50 lb's) not too shabby - good thing his rifle is only 6 lbs.
I got him a stock of lithium batteries (cold weather kills regular batteries fast) he has his gopro headcam so footage should be interesting while he hikes etc.

oh last but not the least I raided the bank (always need a little cash on hand)

so tonight I should get my first spot message - going to be cool to track his journey

BimmerBob
09-20-2010, 05:20 PM
Ali, now that Peter is out of town I hope you don't think you can take advantage of SurreyBoy, we will be watching for any funny stuff happening! :mrgreen: :wink:

newhunterette
09-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Ali, now that Peter is out of town I hope you don't think you can take advantage of SurreyBoy, we will be watching for any funny stuff happening! :mrgreen: :wink:

oh BB, you can be sure Surreyboy is going to be taken full advantage of hehehehe - he has given me and my daughters his full cooperation to make him the new HBC glamour queen.

newhunterette
09-21-2010, 01:32 PM
yayyyyyyyyyyyy, I got my second spot location in my email - so cool to follow his journey - he will send me a spot notification every day.

srupp
09-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Good to hear that new SPOT is working out ..puts your mind at ease knowing you have a extra day of shopping cuz you KNOW where Peter is..:wink:

cheers
Steven

newhunterette
09-24-2010, 09:00 AM
continuing to get her daily spot reports but had a treat today - Peter called from the sat phone.

Sounds like they are having a good time, seeing critters just none down as of yet.:wink:

newhunterette
09-24-2010, 08:40 PM
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr dang sat phone keeps cuttin off just when he is telling me about the day - so today I know they hiked a fair bit cause of the spot locations emailed to me. I know nothing of if they have anything down yet or not but hopefully he will try the sat phone once more before bedtime.

newhunterette
09-25-2010, 10:51 AM
I am really enjoying getting Peter's spot messages - I checked out the satellite setting instead of the usual map setting and wow, he is in some really crazy terrain.

Bet he is pretty dern happy I kept on him about getting in healthy shape for this trip.

newhunterette
09-25-2010, 08:59 PM
well he made some distance today - I received 4 different spot messages

hoping produced a sheep down or an elk - oh heck be nice if both:wink:

guess have to wait if he calls from sat phone to find out - sigh - I really am not patient lol

newhunterette
09-26-2010, 10:41 PM
one week done - one more to go - go my spot mail today but still no sat phone call

newhunterette
09-28-2010, 07:32 PM
wohooooo got me a phone call today and my usual spot message.

Yesterday hiked 5 1/2 hours to a nice group of sheep, got into 350 yards and wind changed and poof scattered group, oh well try again.

Today cow calf elk down, meet hanging wohoooooo.

saw new herd of sheep for checking out tomorrow, and hope for some goats as well

still have chance at moose and a bear as well - he sounds like he is having the time of his life

I asked him how the body is holding out, he says all's good but the back is a little tender

I always tuck a little note or card of some inspiration and motivation to keep him positive for him to find when he goes through his gear :) He found it and was very happy to have it :)

ianwuzhere
09-28-2010, 08:50 PM
rite on-sounds like the spot is working out great-so does he get a message saying the message he has just sent to you was sucessfull/sent ok?? sounds awesome..

newhunterette
09-29-2010, 08:32 PM
today another cow elk down - woohoooooooo Matthew

these guys ahve 4 more days in the bush before heading home - thank goodness there is gonna be meat coming with them

I think they are happy as well to be chowing down on some real food instead of their dried fare lol

doubled
09-29-2010, 08:44 PM
You got some fine meat coming back. Well done and cool way to tell a story.

newhunterette
09-30-2010, 10:07 PM
well here ya go - another spot message and another sat call

SHEEP DOWN

Peter's buddy and his son harvested 11 1/2 year old ram, one side of the horns has been broken, so not being a sheep expert, I am assuming this is one tough old ram.

Now I know there are those of you who are the aging experts, sheep experts and will probably have a few words to say but before you do ........

I have on good authority of who are deemed CI's that this ram will be properly identified as a legal harvest

The weather has been very mild, so they are hoping to get a hold of the pilot to come in a day early as with 2 elk and 1 sheep hanging, they are seeing many grizzlies in the area.

porcupine
09-30-2010, 10:08 PM
Good news!

09-30-2010, 10:19 PM
Looking forward to the Pic's and story Ali !!

Congrats to Peter and friends. Safe trip Home.

CT

kennyj
10-01-2010, 07:16 AM
Thats great news. Sounds like they are having the time of their lives. Can't wait for the story and photos. Thanks for keeping us updated.
kenny

nano
10-01-2010, 08:31 AM
Thats great to hear, congrats to them!

newhunterette
10-01-2010, 12:26 PM
I am sure the adrenelin rush will take a long time to quit. This trip is creating a lifetime memory as Peter's buddy brought his son who is 19, been into hunting his entire life because of his family background but just the past couple years has made so many first. This sheep trip was planned for his graduation gift (2 years in the making).

I know in the back of Peter's mind, he wishes he could take Braydon on these types of trips, but Braydon's #1 love (okay, oops is his mom), I mean #2 love will always be hockey. I see a future trip in the works for Peter and Azshia, great I am gonna lose my hunting partner.

Can't wait to hear the story and see the pics myself. :)

sawmill
10-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Hey Ali,great to here the oldman has some meat for the winter!Sure feels good don`t it!
Now if you lived here you could just drive 10 minutes out and GIT ER DONE:mrgreen:

newhunterette
10-02-2010, 08:18 AM
well it seems them boys are on their way home. Caught the plane yesterday and now the long drive home. Should see them rolling up to the driveway sometime this evening.

Can't wait - Peter gave me the measurements of the sheep but I forgot what he said. Sorry, short term memory is shot past 10 pm.

newhunterette
10-02-2010, 10:01 AM
in Prince George - having some nourishment - them boys are making good time

BCrams
10-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Could have met them to get my count on that ram and then see what the CI's do given the discrepencies and incompentency of many CI's.

newhunterette
10-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Well they are getting closer to home, 100 mile house :)

Bowzone_Mikey
10-02-2010, 03:36 PM
OK .. Now I am Pissed .. Ya I am working ... But he woulda hafta almost drive right past my shop ...

Congrats to Peter and friends ...

BlacktailStalker
10-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Clothes line him and take his camera when he walks through the door.
He needs a shower anyways, he likely stinks so the hug can wait til after the pictures are posted!

newhunterette
10-02-2010, 03:40 PM
OK .. Now I am Pissed .. Ya I am working ... But he woulda hafta almost drive right past my shop ...

Congrats to Peter and friends ...

LOL Mikey, hehehehehe ummm I think it has something to do with 12 days in the bush with 2 other guys and me sitting at home waiting his return.........

.......I mean it has to do with, get the meat home and in the freezer

mind you I should ahve shared your phone number with him lol

Bowzone_Mikey
10-02-2010, 03:42 PM
;) Ya I understand ... 12 days in the woods with a couple of Dudes .... Mama waitin at home .... I wouldnt stop either ;)

4 hours to 100 mile ... why he driving so slow????

bsa30-06
10-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Ali with all the sheep crap that happens on this site i would post the elk pics but dont bother with the sheep.Every sheep pic ends the same way, somebody saying it aint legal.

newhunterette
10-02-2010, 05:04 PM
;) Ya I understand ... 12 days in the woods with a couple of Dudes .... Mama waitin at home .... I wouldnt stop either ;)

4 hours to 100 mile ... why he driving so slow????

they stopped to eat someplace- I am sure they lost an hour there, LOL

Ali with all the sheep crap that happens on this site i would post the elk pics but dont bother with the sheep.Every sheep pic ends the same way, somebody saying it aint legal.

Oh I know what ya mean, LLoyd. :), but I wont post any pics anyway without first having permission.

Brett
10-02-2010, 05:41 PM
LOL Mikey, hehehehehe ummm I think it has something to do with 12 days in the bush with 2 other guys and me sitting at home waiting his return.........

.......I mean it has to do with, get the meat home and in the freezer

mind you I should ahve shared your phone number with him lol

you guys call it the freezer:mrgreen:!!

newhunterette
10-03-2010, 07:53 AM

lol oh geeze.

Home at just after 7 pm, 11 pounds lighter - he liked that, last sheep trip he lost 12 lbs.

Now it's a matter of getting back into reality after being in usch beautiful country.

Time for me to process cameras and download the pics.

bowhunterbruce
10-03-2010, 08:52 AM
lol oh geeze.

Home at just after 7 pm, 11 pounds lighter - he liked that, last sheep trip he lost 12 lbs.

Now it's a matter of getting back into reality after being in usch beautiful country.

Time for me to process cameras and download the pics.
cant wait to see them ali.

Bowzone_Mikey
10-03-2010, 09:02 AM
cant wait to see them ali.

Easy now .... this is a family site

goatdancer
10-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Can't wait - Peter gave me the measurements of the sheep but I forgot what he said. Sorry, short term memory is shot past 10 pm.[/quote]

38-24-36 or thereabouts...........

newhunterette
10-04-2010, 07:20 AM
Can't wait - Peter gave me the measurements of the sheep but I forgot what he said. Sorry, short term memory is shot past 10 pm.

38-24-36 or thereabouts...........[/quote]

oh you are so funny, lol:wink:

newhunterette
10-04-2010, 09:57 AM
just waiting on pics to be shared by buddy and then I can finish this all up with story.

newhunterette
10-05-2010, 07:45 AM
and the story begins.................

After weeks and weeks of trying to get into top form, increase stamina and endurance for 2 weeks in the heavens of the Rockies, 3 men embark on the chance of a lifetime hunting trip.

The drive begins, taking turns at the wheel, taking time to rest when the body just can't see the lines on the road, they make it to their destination #1. They meet their pilot, the one who has their lives in his hands, once up in the air. The plane is fully loaded with gear from 2 hunting parties. The first party is being dropped off in a remote location with a nicely equipped cabin. They are moose hunting. After a few shoot the breeze conversations, our hunting party is back on the plane and heading into parts unknown. Destination #2 drop zone. Unloading all their gear, and waving good-bye to the pilot, looks like a scene from "Survivorman". Time to blow up the boat. Giving the boat and motor a good workout to ensure it is good to go, they load up and head for destination #3, main camp. Lots of excitment bubbling out of these guys, can't wait for the adventure to begin. Taking in the beauty of their surroundings and pinching themselves to make sure they are not dreaming as the magestic wonderment of our province's vast wilderness has them mesmerized. Day 1 is almost over and after such a long journey, time to hit the hay and rest up for what will be a busy day scouting, exploring and glassing the rock mountains.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Sheep%20Trip/IMG_0018.jpg
passing time while in construction zone

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Sheep%20Trip/IMG_0032.jpg
wild life

...........okay its a start

Leaseman
10-05-2010, 08:15 AM
Sure happy I got the condensed version last night!!!......:mrgreen::wink:

3kills
10-05-2010, 10:01 AM
wheres the pics we need pics we all want to see this huge ram.

d6dan
10-05-2010, 10:20 AM
PICS,PICS,PICS, We need PICS!!!

newhunterette
10-05-2010, 10:40 AM
............... good morning, greeted the morning with a smile,

exploration day, let's see what they can spot in them hills. After starting the morning with a hearty breakfast of oatmeal, the men start their jaunt, looking for the best place to glass for them Stones everyone is after. Getting a good feel for their location, doing a few grunts and calls to see what is around. Hearing a few bugles from some elk. Walking along they notice some very large tracks (grizzly bear).
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Sheep%20Trip/IMG_0135.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Sheep%20Trip/P9220038.jpg

Nothing like knowing you got a grizz around to keep your heart pumping. Spotting a cow and her calf (elk) across the water, hoping Mr Big comes out but nope.
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Sheep%20Trip/IMG_0139.jpg

Feeling quite confident now, Peter spots 2 sheep over yonder, yes a couple rams and then on the other over yonder, he spots 6 , yes 6, so very promising. Now the decision is do we go where the 2 are or do we go where the 6 are or do we split up and try both?

head back to camp, feeling very good about the next day to come.

Oh I forgot to mention, they did a little fishing while the pilot gave instructions to the other hunting party, so they caught a few fish which made them a very nice dinner before having to jump into the dehydrated foods.

................ yes I know y'all want pics but sheesh, I have to upload them.

d6dan
10-05-2010, 11:05 AM
............... good morning, greeted the morning with a smile,

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::wink:..

................ yes I know y'all want pics but sheesh, I have to upload them.

So whats the problem?:?..

3kills
10-05-2010, 01:07 PM
what still no pics come on i wanna see this 11 year old ram!

d6dan
10-05-2010, 01:09 PM
what still no pics come on i wanna see this 11 year old ram!

And how do you know its 11? :?

newhunterette
10-05-2010, 06:58 PM
please forgive me - I will have this story completed with pics asap, we have had a family moment to deal with.

3kills
10-06-2010, 06:27 AM
And how do you know its 11? :?

cuz she said earlier in the thread

SHEEP DOWN

Peter's buddy and his son harvested 11 1/2 year old ram

Springer
10-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Okay Alli , stop playing Srupp and post the Sheep Pics please....

newhunterette
10-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Hi y'all I really am very sorry to have taken forever to complete this story and add the pics - we have had a few things to deal with and I am still waiting permission from the sheep harvester to post his pic.

Springer
10-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Well the main thing is the boys are home safe and sound and Big Grins to accompany them Alli. Say hi to Pete as well for me would ya Please. I also have a Goat hunt story to tell as well all in good time and in spare time when i have it....

Phil

newhunterette
10-12-2010, 07:20 AM
sorry for the delay............... I know some perhaps have lost interest but here we go with more of the story.....................

after a couple of mornings, waking up to heavy fog over the mountain peaks, the guys decide it is far to trecherous to try and climb to the sheep that Peter has been spotting over the yonder ridges. A concensus is taken, they have bear, deer, moose, elk tags as well as the sheep and goat, so they head to the lower levels and begin bugling for an elk or two.

They have been spotting a couple elk across the water from them, good sign that they will have some fresh meat to chow down on tonight. Spotted a cow and calf. Peter makes the call, he will take down the calf and his buds can go for the cow. Bammmmmmmmmm down goes the tender calf, BOOMMMMMMMMMMM missed, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM missed, cow is missed (how does this happen, when the gimmie is right there)................................sigh

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Sheep%20Trip/P9280069.jpg

Well, some nice backstrap is going to taste good for dinner tonight and be a gourmet treat after dehydrated foods.

Back at camp, elk is hung far up in the trees, keep away from the grizzlies that have be frequenting the neighbourhood.

on a side note: a mention should go out....... while setting up their camp, and becoming familiar with their surrounding areas, Peter notices tons of garbage being left by others. Empty cans, empty fuel drums, bottles - the feeling of disgust, came over him that some people just have no clue about the damage they are doing to not only the environment but also to the sport of hunting, by leaving garbage in our wilderness feeds sparks to the fires of the anti-hunters. People take out what you take in, leave the area cleaner than when you came in, common senses of outdoors.

okay back to the story....................

as I mentioned, while tidying up the area, a frying pan is found, a grill and even a SOS pad. Cleaning the frying pan until it sparkles, getting the fire to a perfect ember heat, tender elk morsals are being cooked. The guys are feeling glorious and greatful for the fare they are about to eat.
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Sheep%20Trip/P9280075.jpg

good night..................

10-12-2010, 08:22 AM
wheres the sheep?

newhunterette
10-12-2010, 08:24 AM
...................... nice clear skies, time to catch up on some serious Sheep time..............

a quick glance with the scope and the sheep tha have been spotted a few days back are still in their area, the long trek begins. Climbing higher and higher and more adreneline pumping through the veins, they reach their spot of choice (5 hours). Sitting just under the ridge where the sheep are, the guys watch, glass, look for the illusive legal curl of the horns. Peter spotted a very nice ram, more than a full curl, you know the kind, the horns come out like a cork screw. His heart is beating into his throat. He quietly points out that gorgeous ram (prior decision made that Matthew would take first shot)

just a few more steps and perfect view and perfect shot..................

wind changes - pooffffffffffff hunters are winded by animals and they scatter

sigh............. some very disappointed, very tired men, making their way back down to their overnight camp.

newhunterette
10-12-2010, 08:29 AM
wheres the sheep?

the sheep are high above the mountains of our very beautiful province :) lol:wink:

newhunterette
10-12-2010, 08:48 AM
next adventure..............

the guys decide to split up for the day. Peter is going to try to find some goats. He had been spotting a few, he takes into consideration how beautiful a nice pure white billie would look on his newly constructed trophy wall. He sees goats but none big enough and legal to claim.

Completely mesmerized at the scenery of BC's majestic mountains, the perfect aquamarine colour of the lakes, the enticing flow of the rivers, the exquisite stand of the forests..........who could ever say after seeing such sights, that their days in the wilderness are boring.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Coming back to reality, Peter hears a clap of thunder....... nope a gunshot

You got it, after missing the shot a few days before (cow elk), Matthew redeems himself and harvest a very nice cow

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Sheep%20Trip/IMG_0261-1.jpg

wohooooooooo more meat to hang, more meat to bring home for the freezer............ ^5 Matthew

back at main camp, after skinning out the elk, time to get her up in the trees, do not want them grizzlies coming in for a snack.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Sheep%20Trip/P9290095.jpg

newhunterette
10-12-2010, 08:59 AM
just thought I would share a couple of pics of some friendly type bush visitors....................

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Sheep%20Trip/IMG_0166.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Sheep%20Trip/IMG_0221.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Sheep%20Trip/IMG_0236.jpg

some very well rubbed trees, Peter hung around here for awhile hoping the critter that rubbed his velvet off would show his antlers again :)

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Sheep%20Trip/IMG_0171.jpg

newhunterette
10-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Hey Ali,great to here the oldman has some meat for the winter!Sure feels good don`t it!
Now if you lived here you could just drive 10 minutes out and GIT ER DONE:mrgreen:
I cant wait to try some of my recipes with elk

Could have met them to get my count on that ram and then see what the CI's do given the discrepencies and incompentency of many CI's.
if I had to call in an expert, I know I could count on you to give the best possible age of the sheep

Clothes line him and take his camera when he walks through the door.
He needs a shower anyways, he likely stinks so the hug can wait til after the pictures are posted!
lucky for me he showered at the lodge before driving home lol

I am still feeling rather pic post shy in regards to the sheep because I don't want this thread to go to the ditches as others have - so that being said, I will share in hopes y'all play nice

oh good grief Brett, you really have been spending far too much time in Steve's presence

newhunterette
10-12-2010, 10:14 AM
As promised....................... the day arrives with a beautiful sunrise over the mountain tops, making the sky look like picturesque beauty, the water is sparkling, the trees swaying slightly, whispering to one another, the guys stare at the glory of beginning a new day and feeling today is the day.

Good to feel confident. Peter's buddies head out on the sheep journey, going to the place where Peter spotted more sheep. He decides to stay back and do his own thing. He still has some tags to fill, so he heads in his direction.

The day is holding perfectly clear. In the distant a loud rumble. As the story goes, Peter's friend spots a Ram, glassin it for a few minutes, willingit to turn its head enough to count the years. Yes, he is big, yes he is very legal, turning to tell Matthew (his son) to ease slowly, forget the pep talk Dad, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

DOWN GOES THE RAM - easy yes, hahahahaha not so fast, yes the Ram is down, now comes the hard part. Retrieval, caping, gutting, and carrying back to camp.

13 HOURS - total for the day from first step to last step back to camp. Yes the boys are exhausted but with adreneline rushing and dellerium passing - the hollering and whoop whoop whoop whoop begins.

Now, I get a sat phone call - sheep down, 11.5 years old. Now I know y'all want to count the rings, see the horns, make your own age assumptions, heck I did it too (and I have never attempted before) - my attempt from just reading the post on HBC and trying to follow the guidlines given by the Wild Sheep Society and BCWF - I figure the ram to be 10.5 years. A couple have said possible 9 years, so as per usual it is anyone's guess until the CI actually gives his/her take on the ram. But regardless, yes it is legal.

.....................so enjoy the pictures, please comment with respect to one another

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Sheep%20Trip/IMG_0296-1.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Sheep%20Trip/P9300098.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Sheep%20Trip/P9300099.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Sheep%20Trip/PA010103.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Sheep%20Trip/PA010104.jpg

A trip of learning, a trip of friendship, a trip of beauty, a dream trip of a lifetime

Kody94
10-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Beauty ram! I won't say it was worth the wait because I REALLY hate "string you along" threads, but that is a great old "character" ram. Its definitely legal on age, and curl. No "dinks" here. :)

I'd guess 10.5 yo.

Congrats to the faceless hunter!

Cheers!

newhunterette
10-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Beauty ram! I won't say it was worth the wait because I REALLY hate "string you along" threads, but that is a great old "character" ram. Its definitely legal on age, and curl. No "dinks" here. :)

I'd guess 10.5 yo.

Congrats to the faceless hunter!

Cheers!

I really wasn't trying to string anyone along, as most of the time my posts are up to the moment, but as I mentioned I had some family issues to deal with and waited to have permission to post the photos. That being said, I am glad you liked the pics - it really is a beautiful ram, not something to sneeze at for a young man first time sheep hunting and only 19 years old.

BCrams
10-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Congratulations on a beauty 'mature' ram!!! What a nice sheep!!! 10-11 just based on the photo's but he could very well be 11 upon first hand looks at him around the bases. He was a battler!!

whitetailsheds
10-12-2010, 11:21 AM
What a tank! Very nice Stones ram!
Thanks for sharing the story and photos!
Congrats to those involved.........

Wild Images
10-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Nice Ram !! a taker for sure !!

luckynuts
10-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Thanks for posting. Great old warrior love the mass! Big congrats to the hunter and rest of the party. That ram would please any Sheep veteran.

W.

Stone Sheep Steve
10-12-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm getting 11 but that's a moot point. He's a dandy!!

Congrats to the hunter!!

SSS

BlacktailStalker
10-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Now thats a battle axe of a ram, nice ram :cool:
I see 11 as well how ever the last one is questionable being a photo.
Nice !

newhunterette
10-12-2010, 05:26 PM
again I do apologize in the delay in posting the photos.

:)

moosinaround
10-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Thanks Ali, Great pics, great story! Congratulations to the hunters!! Those cow elk are gonna be tastey as well! Moosin

Rattler
10-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Congrats to Mathew on a beauty ram! There is no doubt he is a mature ram...

willy442
10-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Congratulations on a beauty 'mature' ram!!! What a nice sheep!!! 10-11 just based on the photo's but he could very well be 11 upon first hand looks at him around the bases. He was a battler!!

Congratulations on a hell of a nice Ram. Really not hard to tell an old campaigner if you take the time. Beauty.

sawmill
10-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Wow!What a gonger!Sounds like a trip of a lifetime for sure,Congrats guys.Dontcha just love B.C.:mrgreen:

Mtn Wonderer
10-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Very nice heavy ram with a great cape!!!

MTW

rocksteady
10-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Holy crap Ali, 8 pages and FINALLY Get to see a picture:confused::confused:

Well worth the wait though, beautiful ram.....Porcupine is kinda cute too...

newhunterette
10-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Holy crap Ali, 8 pages and FINALLY Get to see a picture:confused::confused:

Well worth the wait though, beautiful ram.....Porcupine is kinda cute too...

I know I know I am really really sorry for the delay, sheesh, I was chomping at the bit as much as y'all were.

I promise I won't let it happen again lol I was going to say y'all can spank me if it did but that just doesn't sound right lol :twisted:

newhunterette
10-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Very nice heavy ram with a great cape!!!

MTW

It is going to be beautiful mount, it sure helps that his dad is a very popular taxidermist, the cape was well prepped for travelling home

I know I will have pictures once it has been complete, I promise I will share them :) heheheheh

rocksteady
10-12-2010, 07:07 PM
I know I know I am really really sorry for the delay, sheesh, I was chomping at the bit as much as y'all were.

I promise I won't let it happen again lol I was going to say y'all can spank me if it did but that just doesn't sound right lol :twisted:

Damn...A tease and wants to be spanked:confused:

Glad to hear Peter had a great trip...as well as the rest of them...

Post pictures of your elk recipes...They always make me drool:-D

bruin
10-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Pretty awesome old ram, congats

Springer
10-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Great story and Great Photo's Allison!! I am sure that Elk is going to be much enjoyed by your Family. I imagine there's a taste of Sheep as well for ya'all.

Okay now its your turn to sneak out and get that 4 point Mulie :mrgreen:

Say congrats to Pete and hi to Brayden as well please.

kennyj
10-16-2010, 01:37 PM
Very nice heavy old ram! Thanks for the entertaining thread.
kenny