PDA

View Full Version : Maybe get some binoculars for next time

Boner
09-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Hi, this is my first post, this is a great website that i've been reading for the past week or so. I've been reading a lot of great threads started by people, and some of their photos are amazing. There are a few new places that i'd like to hike into and check out, based on some of the info shared by thoughtful members.

I'd just like to remind everyone not to forget their binoculars when they're road hunting, or even if they actually get out of their vehicle on foot. I had a gun scope pointed at me twice this morning from one guy. I guess to this hunter I looked like a species with an open season. I eventually flattened myself on the ground until he took off. I would have yelled, but I thought he would have been able to figure it out after the first time he checked me out. It's not like I was wearing a moose costume or antlers. I was wearing camo and was leaning behind an aspen tree in the middle of a cut block waiting for some action to come out of the tree line.

I can't figure out in the hunting regs what kind of animal is about 200 pounds, 6 feet tall, green, and apparently warrants having a gun pointed at it.

I never got a chance to talk to him, I didn't want to screw up my morning hunt. Accidents happen, but most of them are preventable with a little reminder now and then.

Thanks, keep up the great hunting threads, and play safe.:)

twoSevenO
09-17-2010, 10:39 PM
that's why i hunt shitty spots with no animals in them .... because there ain't nobody to take aim at you either :D

Steeleco
09-17-2010, 10:40 PM
Firstly Welcome to the site. I've never understood how some people can afford a tank of gas, but don't even pack a $100 pair of el cheapo bino's.

No matter how you choose to hunt, they're just as important as a good fitting pair of boots IMHO. Maybe if you'd given him the bird, he'd have figured it out. It's never happened to me, but I'd be ready to ruin the whole days hunt before I'd let some lazy assed clown shoot me!!!

3kills
09-17-2010, 10:44 PM
next time point ur gun right back at him

Tlineman
09-17-2010, 11:03 PM
You hunt with your bino's, not your rifle. The gun is for nothing more than firing the bullets. Bino's are what you scour the hills with and determine your target (i.e. hunt)

winchester284
09-17-2010, 11:05 PM
next time point ur gun right back at him

bad advice!

SR80
09-18-2010, 07:20 AM
Im always worried when i am hiking through a cut or ridge or anywhere a road is visible from, usually if I hear a vehicle I'll find a spot to hide until it passes, because you never know. Im thinking about getting some blaze orange for the up coming any buck october gong show around Kamloops.

Cyrus
09-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Im always worried when i am hiking through a cut or ridge or anywhere a road is visible from, usually if I hear a vehicle I'll find a spot to hide until it passes, because you never know. Im thinking about getting some blaze orange for the up coming any buck october gong show around Kamloops.

Reason why I hunt Region 5 areas.....just too many idiots everywhere you look around the Kamloops area (not that it is different from anywhere else...maybe just a few more) My girlfriend is a forester and she fears the hunters out there more than the bears...a few stupid things have happened and they wear hunter orange!

burger
09-18-2010, 10:46 AM

Same thing I do. Hunker down out of site till they drive by. Do not need some potential yahoo firing on me.

Boner
09-18-2010, 11:43 AM
I'm going to start doing this. I hate having to do it, but I felt like a piece of meat again today. When I started to walk in this morning, I had 4 vehicles slow down or stop when they spotted me walking towards the area where I like to hunt.

Kyle84
09-18-2010, 01:12 PM
I hunt with full camo, but my friend wears blaze orange hat and jacket. Hes from Sask, and tells me stories similar to this one. He thinks im nuts for wearing all camo. My day pack has a zipper on the back where a small 1ftx1ft blaze orange flag can come out of. Maybe i should be using it more often.

Akula
09-19-2010, 08:04 AM
Commonsense isn't so common for some people!

showtimebc
09-19-2010, 08:34 AM
I would be lost without my binos in the bush. It's my #1 asset to finding game, let along making it safe for myself and others.

j270wsm
09-19-2010, 01:44 PM
2 years ago I had stopped on a logging road and was glassing a cut block and had some moron in the cut block use his rifle twice to look at me and my truck. As I drove past his truck I left a nice note in the mud on the side of the truck, Next time you aim at my truck You WILL be walking out of the bush. I then proceded to call the CO's.

gonehunting
09-19-2010, 06:58 PM
you cant fix stupid

Spy
09-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Reason why I hunt Region 5 areas.....just too many idiots everywhere you look around the Kamloops area (not that it is different from anywhere else...maybe just a few more) My girlfriend is a forester and she fears the hunters out there more than the bears...a few stupid things have happened and they wear hunter orange!

Ha ha I used to do the same thing in region 5,Once I had been dropped off On the road I would high tail it off the road till I was out of range.