PDA

View Full Version : Planning a Kootney Elk Hunt!!!!

capper911
09-17-2010, 07:59 PM
So this year I am planning a last minute hunt to the Koots with my wife! The week of Sept 27th. Never hunted there before and was wondering if anyone is willing to point a guy and his gal in the right direction?? I am not looking for your honey holes, just a mountain range or lakes. I don't even care where in the Koots as I am flexible. Any direction would be greatly appreciated!!!:wink: Send me a PM if you can help!!
Thanks,
Capper

30 model a
09-17-2010, 08:43 PM
I live in the Kootenay's there is no game here your better off going somewhere else LOL just kidding man everyone is comming to the Koots this year are you going east or west let me know and I'll shoot some general areas you can go. Are you camping or?

capper911
09-17-2010, 08:53 PM
I hear that there is a lot of people hunting the kootney's this year. We are thinking of the west kootneys (around cranbrook). We will be camping; camper - not tent!! We haven't decided if we are bringing our horses or not. Any tips (general area's) would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Capper

Everett
09-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Cranbrook is the east kootenay not the west. If you have horses just pick up the regs and look for road closure's I would have a real hard look at areas off the white, cross, or albert rivers also look at the purcell wilderness park dutch or finlay creek.

Jagermeister
09-17-2010, 09:25 PM
So this year I am planning a last minute hunt to the Koots with my wife! The week of Sept 27th. Never hunted there before and was wondering if anyone is willing to point a guy and his gal in the right direction?? I am not looking for your honey holes, just a mountain range or lakes. I don't even care where in the Koots as I am flexible. Any direction would be greatly appreciated!!!:wink: Send me a PM if you can help!!
Thanks,
CapperCheck the regulations to see where you can't hunt them, then pick a spot where you can.

capper911
09-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Sorry, brainfart! Your right - east kootenay's.