PDA

View Full Version : Pics of the triple header elk hunt in the East Koots

hotload
09-17-2010, 12:15 AM
6x7 laying in the thick tangles while we figure out how we are going to get it outta there.

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/hotload12/IMG_2483.jpg

L to R, Boydo50, Bowhunterbruce, Hotload and Billie

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/hotload12/IMG_2485.jpg

Antler View

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/hotload12/IMG_2487.jpg

The Hunters, clockwise, Hotload, Bowhunterbruce, Nigel, Finish, Boydo50 with the 6x7 caped and ready to go to Harley White's Taxidermy and Nigel's beauty 6x6.

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/hotload12/IMG_2522.jpg

And of course my 9 month old pup, Billie the Australian Cattle Dog who laboriously blood tracked 2 elk during our hunt. Without her it would have been a long drive back to the Okanagan.

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/hotload12/IMG_2434.jpg

3006pg
09-17-2010, 03:28 AM
beauty fellas

Stone Sheep Steve
09-17-2010, 04:49 AM
Nice haul, gents!!!!:cool:

Man, that one bull has some long thirds!

Congrats!

SSS

kennyj
09-17-2010, 04:59 AM
Nice elk guys!Congratulations on a successful hunt.
kenny

Martin_Hunter
09-17-2010, 05:00 AM
Great job.Awesome bulls.

5 spike
09-17-2010, 05:14 AM
very nice bulls. congrats

slicky72
09-17-2010, 05:57 AM
Wow awesome Bull Big Guy! Looks like you guys had a great hunt , I'm glad all that training with Billie payed off. Cheers!

buckguy
09-17-2010, 06:25 AM
Wow. Looks like a fantastic hunt.Congrats!

BlacktailStalker
09-17-2010, 06:27 AM
NIce load of Wapiti :cool:

bear buster
09-17-2010, 06:33 AM
some nice looking elk there, congrats

pg83
09-17-2010, 06:53 AM
great job on bagging a couple beauty bulls.

trigger
09-17-2010, 07:19 AM
Holy sheeeit. What a jagg. congrats to all on very nice bulls

tomahawk
09-17-2010, 07:25 AM
Awesome.............

koothunter
09-17-2010, 07:37 AM
looks like u boyz hunting in the shit fields enjoy the eats boyz

quadrakid
09-17-2010, 07:37 AM
Two nice bulls,smiles all around. Great trip.

Everett
09-17-2010, 07:53 AM
Now I no why I have not been seeing any Elk you guys already shot them all. Love the pictures of Billie. If you think one is amazing you should try two.
Still got one Female left:wink:

fusion
09-17-2010, 07:57 AM
Awesome, nice bulls!!

nano
09-17-2010, 08:55 AM
Nice bulls, congrats!

Steeleco
09-17-2010, 08:59 AM
Good thing there's many hands in camp, looks like you needed them all. Great going.

newhunterette
09-17-2010, 08:59 AM
awesome pictures - after reading the story its great to see the pics - all the smiles and the (oops sorry thoughts werre heading in wrong direction)

seriously though - what a trip to remember

love the pic of Billie the wonderdog - reminds me of my Sissy girl's younger days

congrats again guys

shantz
09-17-2010, 09:04 AM
Looking like a wicked hunt. Congrats.

d6dan
09-17-2010, 09:20 AM
Looks like a great hunt boys.. Congrats.

BimmerBob
09-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Wow, spectacular animals you found guys, nicely done. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

winbuckhunter
09-17-2010, 10:46 AM
i dno if anyone else noticed.. it says triple header.. i only see 2 elk! hmmmmmmmm.. 2 awesome bulls that is. but still..

hotload
09-17-2010, 10:52 AM
i dno if anyone else noticed.. it says triple header.. i only see 2 elk! hmmmmmmmm.. 2 awesome bulls that is. but still..

The other bull was a spiker that headed straight to the butchers. It didn't even hang around long enough for any pictures.

mcrae
09-17-2010, 11:14 AM
Good job guys hope to be putting some elk in the freezer tonight LOL...

JDR
09-17-2010, 12:40 PM
Very successful hunt, congrats guys! Great looking bulls!!

Kody94
09-17-2010, 01:03 PM
after our incredable hunt last year where we brought 3 elk into camp all at the same time from various areas around our favorite spot ,i never in my wildest dreams could have imagined we cound not only do it again (bag 3 elk)but do it by bringing in 3 bulls.

Congrats!! Great bulls and great story. Sure beats the hell out of listening to BroJack whine about how there are no 6pts in the EK. ;) lol

Cheers!

koothunter
09-17-2010, 01:23 PM
two bulls in the back of a side by side are they big racks or just look big with small bodied elk.

Stone Sheep Steve
09-17-2010, 01:23 PM

There's a spiker mentioned in the other thread. Not picture worthy, I guess??

SSS

koothunter
09-17-2010, 01:36 PM
guess the elk werent getting thru the elk fence they were camped by

irishbandit1
09-17-2010, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the picks Rod.It looked like you guys once again had a fantastic hunt.The country down in that neck of the woods looks beautiful.Being able to particapate on a hunt like that with a great group of guys that enjoy the hunt as much as you do must have been great.Just an extra bonus getting the animals,and all the extra hands probably didn't hurt either.Congrats to all you guys and straight shootin',Bandit.

hotload
09-17-2010, 03:03 PM
two bulls in the back of a side by side are they big racks or just look big with small bodied elk.

Now that is twice you have posted with your head up your ass. Instead of obviously showing what your all about, why don't you get out there and hunt yourself up a nice bull, there lots left. These bulls were great bulls on any scale and earned the hard way through sweat and perseverence. I just wanted to put up a couple of pictures to show fellow members the great time we had with lifelong friends. Talk is cheap, show us a pic of your bull elk.

hotload
09-17-2010, 03:05 PM
guess the elk werent getting thru the elk fence they were camped by

My mistake, that is 3 times that you posted with your head up your ass. Still waiting for your pictures.

Dannybuoy
09-17-2010, 04:38 PM
My mistake, that is 3 times that you posted with your head up your ass. Still waiting for your pictures.
Ha ha Good on you Rod , some people like to knock things down ... some like to build , you know how it goes !
Anyway ..... Good for you , I was wondering how your fall hunting was going and by the photo's I can say Awesum! Super that Billie is working out so well !!

bigneily
09-17-2010, 04:47 PM
nice bulls boys, i got my bull the other day also just a spike but i like to refer to him as a management bull:mrgreen: one shot in the head at 50 yds with my 338. No meat loss and in the truck whole by myself, can't turn down the easy ones, even though i'm gonna hear about it from the boys on taking my "management bull":mrgreen:...

goatdancer
09-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Beauty bulls. Congratulations guys. Hey Rod, next time let your wife shoot. Then you won't have to track the bull. It would have dropped on the spot.....

hotload
09-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Beauty bulls. Congratulations guys. Hey Rod, next time let your wife shoot. Then you won't have to track the bull. It would have dropped on the spot.....

Yuppers your right about that one. Last year hers dropped in it's tracks. I'd like to say it premeditated just to get the dog a little workout. Haha.

hotload
09-17-2010, 06:14 PM
nice bulls boys, i got my bull the other day also just a spike but i like to refer to him as a management bull:mrgreen: one shot in the head at 50 yds with my 338. No meat loss and in the truck whole by myself, can't turn down the easy ones, even though i'm gonna hear about it from the boys on taking my "management bull":mrgreen:...

Your go ahead and take your management bull. We got some big bulls and a spiker and you don't have to tell me which one is going to taste better. Smaller ones are real tasty.

boyd050
09-17-2010, 06:29 PM
well thanks to Hotload and bowhunter bruce for the pics and of course the hunts.,.. you guys have no idea the fun we had and have, I should have a few pics coming soon... just to update you guys.... I don't usually put what I do on here too much..but... My rhino is tired. today counted number 5....yup 5 big bulls (well one was my spike) I've had a hand in getting isnce the 10th..it's been a year to remember, Just to give you a chronology, sept 10th, spent the morning hiking my butt off ,sweating off a summer of beer!! Nigel and I worked an area hard, to no avail so I was on my way to meet him for another run at it and,,, wouldn't you know it... a spiker happend to be on my way... #1... so I load him up, meet up with Nigel, and start to head back to camp...get a call from hotload...need help buddy...bring the rhino .... bull #2.. and as you've read, bruce and myself and finish, cut a trail to Rods monster and the rhino..well it worked hard getting that bruiser out.... Day 2, sept 11th, Nigel and I go to a spot I like, hike around most the morning when we happen to see a 2 point head into a thicket.... I know this thicket ...real well....:wink: so, I tell Nigel where to set up... I do what I love doing.. push bush...real thick, in fact so thick I'm on my hands and knees for some of it.. sure enough... I get to 10 yards of a cow... busted... but she doesn't quite know what I'm doing... behind her is this monster bull... I suck in my breath, cause he's so big and right there he looks massive.. 10 yards ... he turns in the brush.. I wait, I can hear him breathing..... I wait.. then I phone nigel,.I tell him... there is a big F%^@ bull here, I'm gonna push him to you.....I hang up and start pushing,, I'm moving the best I can in the thick stuff. but it's working.. he's going where I want him to go, I'm worried he may turn but he doesn't. As I walk and crawl through this brush, I'm getting near the end and I hear it.... Boom... Boom.... My first thought, hope he didn't shoot a spike as this big fella is coming out.... my phone rings... Nigel is over the moon.. just shot a big 6 point.... his first elk ever....absolutely perfect... it all went to plan and there was bull #3......... so I go out the other day again... with another buddy, again I go into the thick stuff I love so much.... (different spot by the way) I push out a nice 6 and some cows... my buddy isn't near me... shitty.... I watch this bull cross a channel, then stand broadside for about 5 minutes. I had my crosshairs on him enjoying the moments...I watch him leave, my buddy..... too late to see him.. but I sure had him... lucky for him my tag was filled!!! so later, My other buddy finish calls up and say's hey lets go out for an evening hunt... Ok...I have another honey hole we'll check out... we get there, I have finish go right along one side of this brush, another buddy left, and...you guessed it... I'm pushing bush.. in I go... I get into a small herd of elk 12 - 15 yards from me, they know I'm there. but they're not too worried yet.... I start gently easing them through the bush, they work away toward the right... minutes later...Boom. finish has a nice 6x4.... #4 on the ground.... and my rhino gets another work out....... brings us to today.. day after finish's elk.. early morning , head into yet another of my many favourite holes(I have lots) send my buddy who has never been here down a cut to a spot I know they cross.. into the brush I go.... nothing..nada... but wait...I hear a shot..then another... radio goes off.... buddy got a big 6..... bull number 5..... in the first week of the rifle season... wow.. rhino is getting tired....... to say the least.. me , I need a few days to re coop myself... one of the best years ever...and it ain't over yet....... seems to be few 6x6's around this year.... but we've worked hard for every one of them... gotta love this elk hunting... it's my personal cocaine... I'm addicted bad..... can you tell?:mrgreen:

boyd050
09-17-2010, 06:30 PM
well thanks to Hotload and bowhunter bruce for the pics and of course the hunts.,.. you guys have no idea the fun we had and have, I should have a few pics coming soon... just to update you guys.... I don't usually put what I do on here too much..but... My rhino is tired. today counted number 5....yup 5 big bulls (well one was my spike) I've had a hand in getting isnce the 10th..it's been a year to remember, Just to give you a chronology, sept 10th, spent the morning hiking my butt off ,sweating off a summer of beer!! Nigel and I worked an area hard, to no avail so I was on my way to meet him for another run at it and,,, wouldn't you know it... a spiker happend to be on my way... #1... so I load him up, meet up with Nigel, and start to head back to camp...get a call from hotload...need help buddy...bring the rhino .... bull #2.. and as you've read, bruce and myself and finish, cut a trail to Rods monster and the rhino..well it worked hard getting that bruiser out.... Day 2, sept 11th, Nigel and I go to a spot I like, hike around most the morning when we happen to see a 2 point head into a thicket.... I know this thicket ...real well....:wink: so, I tell Nigel where to set up... I do what I love doing.. push bush...real thick, in fact so thick I'm on my hands and knees for some of it.. sure enough... I get to 10 yards of a cow... busted... but she doesn't quite know what I'm doing... behind her is this monster bull... I suck in my breath, cause he's so big and right there he looks massive.. 10 yards ... he turns in the brush.. I wait, I can hear him breathing..... I wait.. then I phone nigel,.I tell him... there is a big F%^@ bull here, I'm gonna push him to you.....I hang up and start pushing,, I'm moving the best I can in the thick stuff. but it's working.. he's going where I want him to go, I'm worried he may turn but he doesn't. As I walk and crawl through this brush, I'm getting near the end and I hear it.... Boom... Boom.... My first thought, hope he didn't shoot a spike as this big fella is coming out.... my phone rings... Nigel is over the moon.. just shot a big 6 point.... his first elk ever....absolutely perfect... it all went to plan and there was bull #3......... so I go out the other day again... with another buddy, again I go into the thick stuff I love so much.... (different spot by the way) I push out a nice 6 and some cows... my buddy isn't near me... shitty.... I watch this bull cross a channel, then stand broadside for about 5 minutes. I had my crosshairs on him enjoying the moments...I watch him leave, my buddy..... too late to see him.. but I sure had him... lucky for him my tag was filled!!! so later, My other buddy finish calls up and say's hey lets go out for an evening hunt... Ok...I have another honey hole we'll check out... we get there, I have finish go right along one side of this brush, another buddy left, and...you guessed it... I'm pushing bush.. in I go... I get into a small herd of elk 12 - 15 yards from me, they know I'm there. but they're not too worried yet.... I start gently easing them through the bush, they work away toward the right... minutes later...Boom. finish has a nice 6x4.... #4 on the ground.... and my rhino gets another work out....... brings us to today.. day after finish's elk.. early morning , head into yet another of my many favourite holes(I have lots) send my buddy who has never been here down a cut to a spot I know they cross.. into the brush I go.... nothing..nada... but wait...I hear a shot..then another... radio goes off.... buddy got a big 6..... bull number 5..... in the first week of the rifle season... wow.. rhino is getting tired....... to say the least.. me , I need a few days to re coop myself... one of the best years ever...and it ain't over yet....... seems to be few 6x6's around this year.... but we've worked hard for every one of them... gotta love this elk hunting... it's my personal cocaine... I'm addicted bad..... can you tell?:mrgreen: ps pics to come......!

Everett
09-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Can I be your friend to:mrgreen: I even have a Billie clone.
Holly crap thats one hell of an opening week. I haven't even seen a legal bull yet. All bloody fives.

bowhunterbruce
09-17-2010, 07:19 PM
wow i love how all the pics turned out rod, totally awsome.
hey boyd ,i gotta thank you again you really out did yourself this year .i only wish you could be there next week so i could possibly return the favor.you will be thought of daily though and hopefully rod and i can make it a great successful hunt for the girls with helping them get a moose.

boyd050
09-17-2010, 08:12 PM
you guys and gals will have a ball wish I could be there.. but if not.. there will be more to come!!!! got a few years left in me yet!!!!!!:wink:

mark
09-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Awesome bulls guys! Thats a trip to remember!

rockrabbitt
09-17-2010, 08:32 PM
Hey Rod

Congrats to you and everyone who got their elk.

Rattler
09-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Great hunt guys! Thanks for sharing...

hotload
09-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Hey Rod

Congrats to you and everyone who got their elk.

Thanks tons Mike, needless to say great hunt, but, as we gather for the group shot like years prior, there is room for another person that wasn't there. Wish ya could have made it and it would have been complete. Hopefully you make it next year.

ROD

hotload
09-17-2010, 08:50 PM
Awesome bulls guys! Thats a trip to remember!

Thanks Mark, you hold the benchmark around here for deer and we were just trying to do a little something with the elk community. Hope to see ya around. Good luck this season.

hotload
09-17-2010, 08:54 PM
Can I be your friend to:mrgreen: I even have a Billie clone.
Holly crap thats one hell of an opening week. I haven't even seen a legal bull yet. All bloody fives.

All bloody 5's was our dilemma last year, guess they all grew up. I have seen your Billie clones on pics you have put up. Damn nice looking dogs. Don't tease me with another dog, I love this breed.

Everett
09-17-2010, 09:05 PM
All bloody 5's was our dilemma last year, guess they all grew up. I have seen your Billie clones on pics you have put up. Damn nice looking dogs. Don't tease me with another dog, I love this breed.

Oh come on I have gorgeous double mask red female that needs a home at the moment. We have been calling her Bandit. Last chance as we are having mom fixed next week. I am sure Billie would love a little sister.

finish
09-17-2010, 09:37 PM
Boyd! I'm surprised you didn't FART when you held your Breathe!!!! It has been a wicked year!!!!(sorry I showed up late on this thread) Hey Hottieload, Boyd pushed that bull right to me!!! As he didn't mention so my turn!
So, My cell vibrates!! It's Mr. slayer himself! yup you guessed it! The Wife!! #@*&! Then Boyd phones! Tells me about this bull coming my way!! PARTY time!Funny how things always die when we get together! I start to inch Quietly through the bush, pause, i see antlers!!!!!!!! Mr. Bull puts his head down for a second, I move into position! Crouched beside a tree frozen, bull looks up ,seems a little curious ,shrugs it off and carries on walking toward me. A couple days later(Nigel's Bull) I had lined up on a 6 point with a weird antler config. Couldn't shoot it in time!! Darn!!! Well, I can't believe it!!! Same bull!!! yeee haa!!!! He walks to an opening in the trail.....about 15 feet or so away from me!! What a shot!!!! BOOM!!!! he dropped on the spot!!!!!
Thanks to the best hunting partner a guy could get, if they didn't smell his arse, they wouldn't run into us!!!! Thanks Boyd!!!

finish
09-17-2010, 09:52 PM
here are the pics I have everyone!!

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i109/FEAR_illfinishyou/0910101153b.jpg

Hotloads nice rack!!

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i109/FEAR_illfinishyou/0911101107a.jpg

The Nigel and his first!!

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i109/FEAR_illfinishyou/0911101150a.jpg

No words can describe this!!

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i109/FEAR_illfinishyou/0916101929a.jpg

The FINISH bull 4X6

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i109/FEAR_illfinishyou/0916101929b.jpg

Finish and Boyd!

spear
09-17-2010, 10:05 PM
Well done Rod, some big bulls there. Make sure that pup gets some liver!

hotload
09-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Well done Rod, some big bulls there. Make sure that pup gets some liver!

Thanks man, Billie gets what ever she wants after tracking down that big brute. Bowhunterbruce and myself are off on a moose hunt starting out early tomorrow. After a 3 hour drive hopefully we will be in the middle of some rutting moose. It's been quite awhile since I have had an opportunity ro actually hunt moose in their rut. Hunting Regs have put a huge damper on that sort of thing, so hopefully I can bark one up close. Good Luck hunting and I will get a hold of you when I get back.

Mik
09-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Smiles all around, Congrats on the triple header.