PDA

View Full Version : Hunting in Chilliwack??

walnutz
09-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Does anyone ever do any hunting up chilliwack lake rd??If so what roads and areas do you use? Ive been up there a few times but only in summer to ride bikes.Cheers!!

buckwild76
09-16-2010, 05:16 PM
pm me and i will let you know some areas depending on wat you are after

Steeleco
09-16-2010, 05:17 PM
I've hunted a road right at the "Limit hole" right by the Hatchery. It's pretty tough to hunt and often pretty busy, even late in the year.
I know guys hunt the area and have success, but I prefer the Kane valley for only a little more travel time.

nano
09-16-2010, 05:25 PM
This might help,
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=25715&highlight=lower+mainland+game

whitebirdfeathers
09-16-2010, 08:28 PM
Yes, you might find a Jelvis post helpful or you might find it the convoluted ramblings of a lunatic. I personally find it somewhat helpful.
I've never seen much up that way but it's obviously there. Get up high my friend.

Jeffb
09-16-2010, 08:32 PM
The deer are there, just takes a load of effort to find the elusive creatures that they are

twoSevenO
09-16-2010, 08:37 PM
chilliwack has some critters running around ... i just find it too damn hard to walk through the thick bush and like Steelco prefer to drive a little further. The trees really thin out on the other side of the coq :D

tim3500
09-16-2010, 08:40 PM
Dont waist your time or gas just keep it going up the #5 more chances there or go over to Harrison always harvest a deer from that side of the valley just my 2 cents

walnutz
09-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Any paticular areas off the #5?? exits? thanks again for all the information.

tim3500
09-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Try the old toll booth and do the tulameen FR ? takes you into colemont drive slow and explore that what every body else does

twoSevenO
09-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Any paticular areas off the #5?? exits? thanks again for all the information.

exit 228 .... go into the rest area, then there will be a dirt road in behind. Take it, its Lawless-britton .... explore all around. Don't waste your gas driving around i don't see much game at all in that area when i drive around. But if you pull off to some 4x4 roads, then walk in for about 20 minutes, and sit and wait you'll see them start to move around some.

In that area I find if you move they just move in front of you and you're screwed. If you sit and wait they will start moving around and you'll actually see some game.

Of course, its had to sit and wait when you dont know where you're sitting and waiting, so do some scouting on your first trip. Walk around, get to know an area. I find the worst thing you can do is visit an area once, say this sucks then keep doing the same everywhere else .... You gotta get familiar some.

llloyd
09-18-2010, 11:58 AM
lawless/britton was looking like rush hour traffic two weeks ago, ridiculous number of people creeping around on the main road. no shortage of
dirt bikes and race quads this time of year either. I'd stick to the side roads like twoSevenO said.