PDA

View Full Version : boning out and evidence??

lightmag
09-15-2010, 12:38 PM
so if i bone out an animal to pack out, ever single chuck needs some hair on it?? if i'm boneing out i would cut out the rear rounds and sirloins out, each in one big chuck for 4 pieces, the 2 back straps, 2 front quaters minus ribs and bag of trim. so i would need to leave fur in 8 different pieces? what about the trim? pretty hard to leave fur on trim?? tenderloins????

i would say patch of hair on may 4 pieces and sex attached to the back chuck should surfice would it not?

and if i shoot a 2 point i would need to leave the head attached to some meat to pack it out??

seems like a lot of extra weight when your pack framing it out??

Schmaus
09-15-2010, 01:08 PM
My buddy just asked this question at a roadblock about two weeks ago. The Co's just told him to leave fur and evidence of sex on one piece and that would be good enough. The question came up at a roadblock north of town because the Co's made a guy with a boned out elk from up north, take out every piece of meat that he had and lay it out on his jetboat. As I was told the meat was all in bags but the piece with the hair and nuts was on the bottom.

BCKID
09-15-2010, 01:11 PM
lightmag; I have been mulling over the same thing. I have often boned out the entire animal (mule deer) and putting it in game bags and then into a cooler. I live in N Van and have no room to do the whole job at home. I leave the bones/hide etc at the local dump where I hunt. I have never been checked by a CO using this method. For those who do their own cutting it is not a good system. Furthermore you are not allowed to dump animal carcasses at the transfer station in N Van or in the daily garbage pickup. So either way you are up against something. Looking forward to some more posts. BCKID

Gateholio
09-15-2010, 01:21 PM
We just had a big thread about this....

BCKID
09-15-2010, 01:41 PM
We just had a big thread about this....

Sorry, guess I missed it. Gotta work those night shifts you know.
BCKID

Wild Images
09-15-2010, 02:34 PM
Go into the regs and look under Possession And Transportation, it explains how and what is needed for each game animal

pete_k
09-15-2010, 02:45 PM
I talked to the CO in Penticton about quartering and packing out.
He said Fur and sex on one piece is good enough.

You're bonging out, so give your CO a call. 250-565-6135
Takes 5 minutes and you won't be relying on hear-say.

sawmill
09-15-2010, 04:01 PM
If he`s 'bonging out' he probably won`t remember what the C.O.said.

BimmerBob
09-15-2010, 04:56 PM
If he`s 'bonging out' he probably won`t remember what the C.O.said.

LOL! :mrgreen: Sharp eye Sawmill...

Bistchen
09-15-2010, 06:18 PM
I could get off my lazy butt and look at the regs, but in reagrds to sex. Are Antlers with head ok? Or do you need the Balls and Shaft?