PDA

View Full Version : bear hunting in region 2

gary mok
05-03-2006, 09:50 PM
recently anyone had been there for bear hunted and made it successful hunted ? or seem any signs of bears around squamish area,I am planing to be there next week but no idea where I should go to increase my chance thank you for your help!!!:grin:

Steeleco
05-03-2006, 10:22 PM
Try the Chealis/Harrison area, I know of two bears taken just this past weekend. Mine and a buddies. I got mine in the Hemlock area and my buddy took him on the Mystery creek road area!! Other than that just drive the roads and glass the hills. The Indian river road is still closed but the others should be open.

gary mok
05-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Try the Chealis/Harrison area, I know of two bears taken just this past weekend. Mine and a buddies. I got mine in the Hemlock area and my buddy took him on the Mystery creek road area!! Other than that just drive the roads and glass the hills. The Indian river road is still closed but the others should be open. but I only have one day trip so can I make it in harrison/chealis area,if you don't mind pls PM me the direction about these area thanks a lot !!!

Steeleco
05-04-2006, 01:45 AM
The best thing you could do is get a back country map book and have a look in there. If you've never been a map is the beat idea!!

BCLongshot
05-05-2006, 06:34 PM
Steeleco

How big were the bears?? How were the hides??

Steeleco
05-05-2006, 06:45 PM
PM Sent BCL but for the others, my buddies bear was measured 4'9" with a tape as I recall, and mine was just over 5ft measured with my arms!!!

The bear I got was as fat as any bear I've taken in Sept!!

bsa30-06
05-05-2006, 06:48 PM
I'm hoping to get out the harrison area on sunday.

Steeleco
05-05-2006, 06:51 PM
I heard a few tales about bears being seen in the 20 mile bay area. Even a story from a logging crew that have seen a big cougar in the area!!!

Good luck

BCLongshot
05-06-2006, 09:53 AM
bsa30-06 sent you a message.

Logging off

bsa30-06
05-06-2006, 04:05 PM
anybody going to be in the harrison area lookig for bears tomorrow.?

i6s1
05-06-2006, 04:15 PM
I was thinking about a day trip somewhere tommorow. East or West?

bsa30-06
05-06-2006, 04:27 PM
I'm going to be on the east side tomorrow.How about you i6s1.?

i6s1
05-06-2006, 05:20 PM
I haven't decided yet. I've never been to the East side, (only as far as the picnic area and boat launch) but I'm always up for some exploring.

bsa30-06
05-06-2006, 05:31 PM
if you decide to go to the east side let me know, maybe we can meet up somewhere.I've been hunting the east side for deer for the last 2-3 years not with any luck though seen a few deer taken just not by me.This is the first year i've hunted for bear so maybe i'll have better luck with them.

bsa30-06
05-13-2006, 09:24 AM
well i'll be headin to the east side of harrison in about twenty minutes to look for bears.Good luck to the rest of you guys who are headin out today.

bsa30-06
05-13-2006, 07:03 PM
in case anybody is thinkin of going to the east side of harrison to look for bears DONT there aren't any animals on that side of the lake.

Steeleco
05-13-2006, 10:16 PM
Funny I just spent all day on the west side, not where I'd intended to go as I'm not allowed any more bears in that area but my hunting buddy still needs one. Anyrate SCAT everywhere, a few piles very fresh just no animals. We glassed tons and saw nothing hunted till last light ZIP. The only critter was a grouse, about the smallest I've ever seen. Still better than working.

talver
05-15-2006, 09:32 PM
I was up in Elaho valley hunted hard on last thursday and friday as it was my only chance to hunt for a spring bear this year due to work and other comittments. Seen 7 mulies or blacktails, 4 grouse, a shit load of burnt stumps, and a unbelievable amount of moose shit all from last winter but it was every where. Only seen 5 bears a sow with 2 reddish brown cubs sow was black, a runt maybe a 4 footer that I could of shot 100 time over but let him walk, and a monster of a bear that was in a nice patch of skunk cababage but he was too far too shoot so after a lenghty stalk got to with in 150 yards he decide to turn his ass end to me and eat. so I had to wait and hope the wind would not switch direction which it didnt but he spooked as he was turning braod side I popped my safety on the 300 rum sendro and he must of heard it and he ran like a bat out of hell I could hear him running for a good 5 mins after . I stuck around till dark because this patch was heavily used but didnt see anything . I was fun those I try again next spring

BCLongshot
05-21-2006, 10:48 PM
Went up the east side of Harrison and even with all the yahoos camping I still saw a pretty good bear. Nice shiny coat but took off like hell before I could get out of the truck. Followed him for about an hour up the mountain then lost him. Then later about 1600 hrs saw a 2 yr old Cinamon/brown nice too just a little young.

The gate keeper up at the locked gate up Bear Creek rd told me he had seen a cougar drag a deer down about a week ago. In the the last 2 weeks he had seen 3/4 bears and 2 cougars.

Ovis17
05-23-2006, 06:28 AM
Looks like the Mokster needs to spend a tenspot on a map book!!!!