PDA

View Full Version : table river 7-23c pointers

lightmag
09-14-2010, 07:45 PM
going with a buddy to help call him in a bull, he has big bull draw and we are heading up the table river area, 7-23c. I have zero experience in this area, i have google earthed it lots and have areas marked but we only have 4 days 3 nights to hunt. Not looking for "your spot" but and pointers, ideas, or areas you know that not accessible any more, bridges out etc. would be appreciated. should be a great time, rut should be going good 22-25.

BCrams
09-14-2010, 07:47 PM
That zone includes the Hominka River as well.

lightmag
09-14-2010, 07:48 PM
That zone includes the Hominka River as well.

yes it does, is that a point in the right direction:wink:

BCrams
09-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Throwing more options onto the table lol.

lightmag
09-14-2010, 07:53 PM
more options, that just what i need!! lol

moosinaround
09-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Lots of the Table is deactivated, but build a quad bridge and wholla, access to some good moose, and no road/truck hunters!! Moosin

Arctic Lake
09-16-2010, 08:54 AM
lightmag
I have hunted there for many years prior to my downfall which I have explained in a few posts.Had good luck hunting that area 8 years ago and hunted there before that.Surprised you don't know that area as you live in Prince George.Last time I was there the road had been deactivated just past the big bridge over the Table,you could not make it too the tunnel by truck.We always had the best luck the second week of October.If the animals are there you should have good luck calling early morning or in the evening.Anywhere from about 500 yards out to the river itself.I have a thread up regarding that MU and others surrounding it wanting to know how the roads and clearcuts have grown up these past years or what sort of succses people have had but no replies.Please let me know how you make out as I would like to try a hunt there next year if all goes well.Thanks
Arctic Lake

Boner
04-11-2011, 09:57 PM
I took a drive up that way today. Looks like 4 feet of unplowed snow on the North fork a couple of clicks past the North end of Tacheeda Lakes.

No access into Table River unless you have a sled right now...

moosinaround
04-12-2011, 06:44 AM
I took a drive up that way today. Looks like 4 feet of unplowed snow on the North fork a couple of clicks past the North end of Tacheeda Lakes.

No access into Table River unless you have a sled right now...
Good intel there Boner! Thanks! I was thinking of heading up that way around the 25th of April. If I do I'll report back! Moosin

Boner
04-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Thanks, looks like i'm holding off on my LEH spring grizzly for a bit until I can get in with the quad.

Schmaus
04-16-2011, 03:56 PM
I work out at Bear lake. I'll let you know when the local guys start getting bikes back there, if I hear of it.

Brett
04-29-2011, 03:10 PM
any word? Noahdawg might go scout it on the 5th weekend for us all :) ??

moosinaround
04-29-2011, 04:01 PM
I was out east of PG today, and it will be next weekend before the roads will be ready to drive on. I figure up north may be a week or so away! Might have to go in on the crust like last year Brett!

jml11
04-29-2011, 10:25 PM
I live north end of the hart, my yard still has over a foot of snow in most places...Generally, I know I can get into the mountains once the snow in my yard is gone, could be another 2 weeks yet before the roads open up completely...

sneg
05-01-2011, 10:17 PM
I live north end of the hart, my yard still has over a foot of snow in most places...Generally, I know I can get into the mountains once the snow in my yard is gone, could be another 2 weeks yet before the roads open up completely...

Is it still cold in higher elevations ? seems snow melt much slower this year. Was hoping to go there May long weekend.

jml11
05-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Is it still cold in higher elevations ? seems snow melt much slower this year. Was hoping to go there May long weekend.

Here's hoping it's accesible by May Long. It's been cool at night and the day time highs have only been into the teens a couple of times...the current forecast is for mild temps and rain...

The problem with the 7-23 area is that most of the roads are built on the north facing side of the mountains and/or are quite shaded...two years ago, most provincial park campgrounds were not open May Long due to snow, this year is looking similar...

sneg
05-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Here's hoping it's accesible by May Long. It's been cool at night and the day time highs have only been into the teens a couple of times...the current forecast is for mild temps and rain...

The problem with the 7-23 area is that most of the roads are built on the north facing side of the mountains and/or are quite shaded...two years ago, most provincial park campgrounds were not open May Long due to snow, this year is looking similar...

Thanks. I would assume that due to water level in Table river and current it won't make any sense to try small boat to cross other sunny side ?

moosinaround
05-03-2011, 07:32 PM
Thanks. I would assume that due to water level in Table river and current it won't make any sense to try small boat to cross other sunny side ?
I would think that by the long weekend in May there will already be 3 less grizz in that zone!!;) Will probably be out there looking too! Moosin

moosinaround
05-03-2011, 07:33 PM
I would think that by the long weekend in May there will already be 3 less grizz in that zone!!;) Will probably be out there looking too! Moosin

sneg
05-03-2011, 09:56 PM

ok . just tell me which one GB is yours,so I won't shoot it when see it first.LOL

sneg
05-03-2011, 10:06 PM
one question; is there road which connect Hominka river (Chuchinka FSR) and Table river (Table FSR) on East side of Parsnip

or one has to go via Anzac(Bills creek FSR) to move between those two road systems ?

Thanks for intel

Benthos
05-03-2011, 10:20 PM
drove in from chetwynd today. lots of snow still in the pine pass, the avalanche chutes near azzoutzetta are still full of snow, although there is some greenery beside the highway. saw a few black bears near mcleod lake. i'm guessing the table still has a bunch of snow?

jml11
05-03-2011, 10:22 PM

I'm not familiar with the river up that way, you may be able to find a safe spot to cross or you might not...

jml11
05-03-2011, 10:34 PM
one question; is there road which connect Hominka river (Chuchinka FSR) and Table river (Table FSR) on East side of Parsnip

or one has to go via Anzac(Bills creek FSR) to move between those two road systems ?

Thanks for intel

To the best of my knowledge there is no road connecting the Hominka with the Table, hence the two seprate crossings on the Parsnip.

Also Bills Creek is not passable by truck as it is extremely brushed in on the Chuchinka Side. Even a quad would be tight...unless something has changed in the last couple of years but with 0 logging up that way in at least 5 years I don't see any reason for the road to have been opened up...

The only way I know is to take the 800 road (can't recall name) off the Chuchinka heading north to the Tacheeda Lakes Road or go back to the highway to the Tacheeda Lakes Road, unfortunately...

moosinaround
05-04-2011, 07:16 AM
To the best of my knowledge there is no road connecting the Hominka with the Table, hence the two seprate crossings on the Parsnip.

Also Bills Creek is not passable by truck as it is extremely brushed in on the Chuchinka Side. Even a quad would be tight...unless something has changed in the last couple of years but with 0 logging up that way in at least 5 years I don't see any reason for the road to have been opened up...

The only way I know is to take the 800 road (can't recall name) off the Chuchinka heading north to the Tacheeda Lakes Road or go back to the highway to the Tacheeda Lakes Road, unfortunately...
Yup, thats the only way. Bill's creek has been out for quite a while now!! Tough ride on a quad for a bit, and take LOTS of extra gas with you! The cross over road is at 14km off the 700 rd. Takes you to fish hook lake. Then head into the Anzac. Pretty long detour thats for sure! And the rd is rough!!! Moosin

Brett
05-04-2011, 12:13 PM
700 rd is no picnic either really, rough and long, your kinda committed to either one way hommonka, much easier access, drive your truck in. Or table, quad in or pinstripe the shit out of your vehicle, started up the road last year and was to narrow for the truck we were in.....

sneg
05-04-2011, 04:25 PM
700 rd is no picnic either really, rough and long, your kinda committed to either one way hommonka, much easier access, drive your truck in. Or table, quad in or pinstripe the shit out of your vehicle, started up the road last year and was to narrow for the truck we were in.....

Thanks for help gents. Guess now I will ahve to decide between two systems. Where bear are bigger ? LOL
Is RedRock creek road via Tucheeda lk to Anzac is reasonably drivabale with truck and trailer ?
Or road from Bear lake to Hominka system is in better bet?

moosinaround
05-04-2011, 04:59 PM
I like the Hominka option myself. South facing heli logged blocks leads to less traffic via quads ect. I would find a good vantage point on one of the East/North facing slopes along the 1300 rd and glass the heli logged slashes on the 1374 rd. There is lots of country to look at, and lots of drainages for the grizz to hide in. Patience and good glass will lead to finding bears, then the hunting skills come into play after you find a bear! The nice thing about the other hunters is that you will be able to see the bears move as the road hunters push them around from the bottom!! Good luck, see you out there! Moosin

sneg
05-04-2011, 09:45 PM
I like the Hominka option myself. South facing heli logged blocks leads to less traffic via quads ect. I would find a good vantage point on one of the East/North facing slopes along the 1300 rd and glass the heli logged slashes on the 1374 rd. There is lots of country to look at, and lots of drainages for the grizz to hide in. Patience and good glass will lead to finding bears, then the hunting skills come into play after you find a bear! The nice thing about the other hunters is that you will be able to see the bears move as the road hunters push them around from the bottom!! Good luck, see you out there! Moosin

Thanks and good luck.Stop by for refreshment if you see silver F350 with camper.I plan to camp not far from Parsnip.

Brett
05-15-2011, 03:37 PM
Update. road was NOT passable by truck today, too much snow STILL!!!!!!!!!!!! we didn't even get close to the highest spot on the 700rd. ARRGH!

sneg
05-20-2011, 08:31 AM
Update. road was NOT passable by truck today, too much snow STILL!!!!!!!!!!!! we didn't even get close to the highest spot on the 700rd. ARRGH!

so , 7-23 c UN-ACCESSABLE BY ROAD FROM ANY SIDE ?

THANK YOU

The Dawg
05-20-2011, 10:53 AM
Correct.....

sneg
05-26-2011, 07:08 AM
So, we went there last weekend. Could not get too far via Hominika road. Still snow. Hunted Table river. Did not pass 86 km mark. Snow . Seen one grizz , tons of black bears and moose. Shot one blackie.Overall was good trip.

Boner
06-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Went up the table today. Pinstriped my truck really good. As above, no truck access past 86 km. Not because of snow now, just nothing left for passable roads for trucks. Looks like someone punched in a helipad there. It's AStar or JetRanger accessible. Table and Parsnip are still very high. I'd say the water level is still at it's highest.

sneg
06-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Seems late spring screwed up lot of hunting plans this year

rainman
07-13-2011, 09:58 AM
hi,i know this is an older thread ,i just found it,i was fortunate enough to get a bull moose draw in this area this year,was just wondering which drainage would be better choice and if there are any good camping spots,thanks in advance

Brett
07-13-2011, 10:22 AM
camping? you won't be there long enough for camping!

rainman
07-13-2011, 11:10 AM
now thats what i like to hear!!thanks brett

Brett
07-13-2011, 11:32 AM
Take your time, walk and call, there are lots of spots to camp on both if you need it, don't know how far you are from there/here so no idea if you can day trip or not. There are lots of moose and bears

rainman
07-13-2011, 12:09 PM
im in port alberni so its not a day trip,im planning for 2 weeks ,truck and camper and quad,thanks for the info its going to be a long couple of months waiting,ray