PDA

View Full Version : Killer Cat

Shop Lord
05-03-2006, 07:26 PM
A horse was killed yesterday in Darcy. Three years ago I shot a grizzly that killed a horse and was trying to kill another horse on the same ranch. This one was attacked by a cougar. The co's were called and came in with the hounds. The neighbours said the cat was in pretty rough shape from tangling with the horse. These horses are acually ponies but still weigh over 400 lbs. The cat was killed and they said it was a big one. I'm trying to contact my neighbour for some pics. These people have terrible luck when it comes to aminals. In the last five years they've lost a pig, their dog, two horses and several geese to grizz / cougar. The people next to them have also lost a couple of baby buffalos.

CanAm500
05-03-2006, 09:11 PM
Dont you have every right to protect wildlife/farm animals on your property?

Fred
05-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Dont you have every right to protect wildlife/farm animals on your property?

Yes, but some people are weenies! :roll: Fred

Barracuda
05-03-2006, 11:23 PM
according to livestock act you can but I think you have to catch them in the act of predation but i can no longer find it in the act? (repealed perhaps)
look for yourself and see what you can find http://www.qp.gov.bc.ca/statreg/stat/L/96270_01.htm

Shop Lord
05-04-2006, 04:09 AM
You are allowed to protect YOUR livestock and YOUR property. Don't try and protect someone elses. The co's should also be called first if possible. I was charged for shooting that grizzly, the story is posted under "scent bomb bait".

moose hunter
05-04-2006, 09:09 AM
cos are useless weve lost many sheep, and they dont do anything accept come 2 days after we call them and scratch their ass, we bought and anatolion shephard he is 170 lbs , he lives with the sheep, you train them to stay with the sheep and you never have a problem of course you need more then one dog though we have a lab,german shepahard and nikko and they all take part in killing yotes an d wolves and that sort, i highly recogmen they buy 2 large game protector dogs.

BCLongshot
05-05-2006, 06:31 PM
Moosehunter

What kind of Sheperd did you buy ???

I'm crazy about dogs.

Any pics

BCLongshot
05-05-2006, 06:32 PM
If you want e-mail me