PDA

View Full Version : 2-18 for deer, bears, giraffes??

warnniklz
09-13-2010, 08:52 PM
I looked around for some other post but most post were from 2005. So I'm not familiar with the area as in terms of hunting. I've been camping in 2-18 quite a lot over the summer. I was old schooling it (sleeping on the beach under the stars) and woke up to an ok sized back bear probably 20 yards out (kinda made me feel like a bear burrito wrapped up in my sleeping bag). That was in early July. I seen a big bodied black tail on the main road, that was in late July so I couldn't tell you if it was a buck or not. That's all I've really seen.

On my last trip me and my friends found a nice clearing through a game trail while we were out on the water. So I'll probably go there come October. The main reason I'm going in October is because this is my first full year of hunting and I want him to finally take home a bear or a deer.

Any info would be great. I don't really need spots. If you do want to give me one PM it to me so it stays a secret(and if I do get one I'll give you full story details if we get an animal).

If no one wants to share that's ok. I'm young and I don't mind taking my time to learn how to hunt the area.

Steeleco
09-13-2010, 10:36 PM
Till quite late in the season, I find you need to be as high in the hills as you can get. There are blacktails down low, but the hogs are on top!!