PDA

View Full Version : Region 5-13 A Moose Draw

338 Mag
09-12-2010, 03:36 PM
I was able to get a draw in the region this year but have never hunted in that area before .Is there anyone out there that can share some info for moose hunting in that area?Will aso be lookiung at mulies if theres time.Thanks again any info would be appreciated.

meat keeper
09-12-2010, 03:56 PM
When are you going sept. oct or nov?

crashtested
09-12-2010, 04:45 PM
I had a draw up there in october 2 years ago. Saw about 40 cows and calves, it took a few days to find a good bull but i did on the 4th day. It was cold and windy the whole time and we did get some snow.

338 Mag
09-13-2010, 11:04 PM
Going this friday sept 17th draw is until the end of the month...thx for replying

srupp
09-14-2010, 09:36 AM
CAUTION...a couple issues for THIS YEAR.

smoke has moved..pushed big game animals around a LOT as has the actual fires..behaviour has been affected..there is some make up feeding going on..last month has been extremely WET so some issues there

First nations have been @ the river dipping longer and harder than normal..

they are NOW started in on meat gathering TOGETHER...collectivly at the same time..lots of individuals out all nite and odd hours..

the animals seem to be confused and wondering through burned out areas at the damndest times...confused..some have been pushed into hidey holes...600 men and machines would spook anything...

cheers
Steven

doubled
09-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Good to know, thanks Steven.

338 Mag
09-14-2010, 08:35 PM
Hey thanks for the info,I'd heard that the fires had screwed things up a bit,also heard that the locals help themselves to your camp not good,plan on wall tenting so i guess we'll keep one in the tube @ night.