PDA

View Full Version : New Bowhunter

ronatron
09-12-2010, 03:16 PM
After a little help from newhunterette my profile is up and running, so thanks for your help.

I was informed that i need to introduce myself and tell a joke.

Well I finally have started my lifelong obsession with hunting, I only Intend to Bowhunt Might go hungry for awhile. I've only been out a handfull of times but already am experiencing BUCK FEVER.

Two deer hunters were standing on a ridge near a highway in rural Prince George on the opening day of dear season. They both spotted a large trophy class buck meandering towards them. As the one hunter raised his gun to shoot, a funeral procession came slowly by. The hunter lowered his gun, took off his hat, and stood with his head bowed until the procession was past. Of course by then, the deer was long gone.

The other hunter exclaimed "Wow! That was the most sportsmanlike act I've ever seen! You allowed this trophy buck to escape while showing such compassion and kindness toward someone's dearly departed. You are a great humanitarian and a shining example to sportsmen throughout the world!"

The first hunter nodded and said; "Well, we were married for 42 years".

Grouser
09-12-2010, 03:19 PM
My cafe latte just go sprayed on my new monitor.
Good one.

newhunterette
09-12-2010, 03:32 PM
hehehehe Ron, very cute joke - yup ur officially a member of this wacky insane crew of HBC

welcome and I know we have many many great bow hunters on this forum who really enjoy giving tips to newbies, so kick back and fire away with your questions

Ali

J_T
09-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Welcome aboard. Just a word of caution, bowhunters tend to get beat up on here much the same as the small guy on a school yard. Thick skin is a prerequisite.