PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been up to Elaho this year?

talver
05-02-2006, 12:56 PM
I was thinking of going up that way on thursday and friday cuz that my days off . Anyone been up to Elaho this year? And if so how was it, If anyone is going to be up that way Ill be the guy with the black expidtion or ill be on my 600 grizzly (red) I did see a nice color phase in there last year but it was too far too shoot. Also It seemed that i was up there a week too late last year as all the sign was old any info would be vewry helpfull

MB_Boy
05-02-2006, 01:13 PM
talver.....although I have not been up the Elaho....the bears are out along the sea to sky corridor. I have seen two on the highway between Squamish and Whistler in the past 2 weeks......and saw two others while skiing last weekend. I snapped a pick of one guy crusing across a ski run which I will post up as soon as I figure out how.

partsman
05-02-2006, 02:14 PM
I figure they must be up and around.
I should grab my bud Bill and head up there.

Rhys
05-02-2006, 02:19 PM
Ha I was just going to ask this question when I got home. I was looking at my map the other day thinking I should head up there soon. Let us know how it is if you go on Thursday and Friday.

Rhys

270WIN
05-02-2006, 02:52 PM
I was up there easter long week end no sign but I felt i was too early and i will be heading up this week end leaving friday and will return sunday. I hope to try to call a blackie in and take it with my bow. I know a few good spots up that way.

rollingrock
05-02-2006, 03:03 PM
my neighbour's bro got a 4 1/2 footer on Sat from Elaho. They saw quite a few trophies above high too, one was estimated over 7 feet. But they were just too far to get, across the valley.

derek p
05-02-2006, 08:59 PM
April 30 spent the day on the squamish main. checked most of the spur roads and was turned away by snow on some. Most of the scat piles were located after the 39 mile bridge, and only 1 fresh pile on br 1000. Very green and lush in the "bayou", but I feel this area has too much traffic. (campers, fisherman,bikers, etc) in the past two years I have yet to see bears below the 39 mile bridge.
Though about heading up the Elaho but opted for the squamish main instead, next trip.

Fred
05-02-2006, 09:57 PM
I figure they must be up and around.
I should grab my bud Bill and head up there.

Would you like to borrow my little Homelite saw? :? Fred

partsman
05-03-2006, 07:47 AM
Would you like to borrow my little Homelite saw? :? Fred

I actually have a very expensive, one of a kind man sized chain saw, it is a Craftsman made by poulan in 14":-D

Fred
05-03-2006, 08:50 AM
That was a dig at you for the chainsaw/bear fable. :wink: Fred

partsman
05-03-2006, 09:29 AM
:wink: I knew that, you cut me to the quick.

talver
05-03-2006, 12:39 PM
any good spot in elaho that I should look for?
I know of a slide area before the valley but thats about it for the valley. Any tips would be greatly appericated. thanks guy you can PM me