PDA

View Full Version : Sos

SHEKAR
09-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Hey guys/gals,

went road deer hunting yesterday in pemberton n squamish areas but didn't have any luck! :(
I was wondering if anyone can share some info regarding some specific places in fraser valley/pemberton/squamish areas for hunting.

I would appretiate some helpful guidance rather than some sarcastic n
unhelpful joke!!

The Hermit
09-12-2010, 02:31 PM
No joke. Get outta the truck and walk into the timber, watch a logging slash, or at least spot and stalk.

BCrams
09-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Duffy Lake alpine area. Heard that basin with the two lakes up and over from the road halfway to Blowdown pass holds bucks early.

RJ
09-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Walk little, see much.

I think he's onto something :wink:

SHEKAR
09-12-2010, 02:35 PM
No joke. Get outta the truck and walk into the timber, watch a logging slash, or at least spot and stalk.

thanks man i appretiate it but i was hoping for something more specific place name!! :?

SHEKAR
09-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Duffy Lake alpine area.

thanks buddy!!

bsa30-06
09-12-2010, 02:40 PM
thanks man i appretiate it but i was hoping for something more specific place name!! :?

Thats almost like asking for someones private banking info or credit card numbers.Like said before if you get out hike the bush you will soon find sign,and better your chances of finding animals.You wont always be succesful but you will improve your odds,and learn a little while doing it.Good Luck.

Ruger4
09-12-2010, 02:49 PM

hmmm , nope can't think of any areas :confused:

MuleyMadness
09-12-2010, 03:03 PM
You don't need a specific place name...there are deer everywhere in the forest, pick a FSR or accessible crown land, get out of your vehicle and go hiking, you will find them.

If you need a specific place name, GPS coordinates, or the like, perhaps you should also get someone to come along and shoot the deer for you, and field dress it as well.

Amphibious
09-12-2010, 03:04 PM
hang out on the Squamish Runway ;)

Noname
09-12-2010, 03:39 PM

You're kidding right?

sawmill
09-12-2010, 06:15 PM

Are you for real:confused:

r106
09-12-2010, 06:41 PM

It can take months or years of scouting to find good areas with game and few hunters. No one in there right mind would give out the info they worked there ass off to get and the time and money it takes to get it.

I understand why your asking. As a new hunter myself it's frustrating going out and seeing nothing day after day. Trying new places, paying for fuel driving all over the place. But I don't expect it to come easy or someone to tell me were to go.

The way I see it, the more I work at it and the more frustrated and impatiant I get the more exciting it's going to be when I bag an animal.
But if anyone is going to give out spots i'll take it LOL.

just don't expect it

try asking or looking for the kind of habitat they like at different times of year or what the eat. And for god sake get out of the truck. I'm on my second season hunting. The first half of last year I drove around not seeing anything. Last half the seaon I parked and walked around. It's amazing the difference. Just hearing things like a branch breaking will give you clues on were to find active game trails. Finding deer poop or rubs or sheds will tell you if your in the right spot. I got into walking this one area last year were I was able to figure out were a group of 5 does were traveling. Everyday I could find them. But the buck never showed up. It's work like that I'm hopping is going to pay off this year and hopfully getting more time in the bush

Good luck to ya
________
Honda c engine (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_C_engine)

moosecaller
09-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Hey guys/gals,

went road deer hunting yesterday in pemberton n squamish areas but didn't have any luck! :(
I was wondering if anyone can share some info regarding some specific places in fraser valley/pemberton/squamish areas for hunting.

unhelpful joke!!

You are new to this site and this community and all you have done is request and ask/demand for information, then you yet again ask/demand for specific information and are quite curt telling people not to joke at your rude method of getting information you need to put into a community in order to take something away. Perhaps if you used some manners or had a more polite way of becoming part of a group you would not be running into such problems, most of us are very helpful and friendly but when comfronted with an attitude such as the one you are displaying you will probably not find much help coming your way until you lose your entitled manner. This is not a sarcastic or joking comment it was how I felt your request was coming across.

Wolfman
09-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Well said, Moose caller.

M.Dean
09-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Sounds to me as if you want to drive to a spot, roll the window down and shoot a real nice buck, pose for some pic's, jump back in your SUV and then tell every one how easy Big Buck Hunting was!!! Believe it or not, some things in life you have to work for, you have to put your time in, learn it by your self,even do some grunt work!!! I would suggest to you your best bet would be to sell anything you own that relates to hunting, guns, knives, your new back back etc. then take the cash and buy a Tennis Racket!!!

r106
09-15-2010, 07:46 AM
Sounds to me as if you want to drive to a spot, roll the window down and shoot a real nice buck, pose for some pic's, jump back in your SUV and then tell every one how easy Big Buck Hunting was!!! Believe it or not, some things in life you have to work for, you have to put your time in, learn it by your self,even do some grunt work!!! I would suggest to you your best bet would be to sell anything you own that relates to hunting, guns, knives, your new back back etc. then take the cash and buy a Tennis Racket!!!

HAHAHA... that might be a little harsh LOL
________
Honda Nr History (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_NR)

fusion
09-15-2010, 08:37 AM
C'mon fellas, dont be so harsh on him. He didn't ask for someone to tie one up for him. Not yet anyway.

brian
09-15-2010, 09:43 AM
Shekar, learn to ask the questions that will guide you to the answers you seek. Few people here will tell you exactly where to go, but many people here will help you to learn how to find out for yourself where you should be going.

I know how frustrating it is as a new hunter with little guidance. But if you keep hammering away at it, you will learn tons and you will become a better hunter.

deerstocker
09-15-2010, 10:40 AM
thats like asking to try a mans wife out-- u must look for the places your self and not in a truck

skibum
09-15-2010, 01:40 PM
I cannot believe some fell for this and acutally got riled up by SHEKAR's post

muledeercrazy
09-15-2010, 02:04 PM
I dont understand what the problem is here. He asked to be pointed in the right direction, and most of these replies are pretty ignorant. Yes, getting out of the truck and walking is the way to go. However, there are allways areas that have a better deer population that others and if that is your secret spot, or the result of years of research you might have some problems. There are lots of spots not worth hunting, and i can appreciate why he would ask. Its to bad about the responses. If i knew the area i would definetly try to help.

northernhunter
09-15-2010, 04:57 PM
I think what the problem is, is that you don't mind helping someone out a little as long as there putting in a little bit of effort and not looking for a easy kill. If he was out hiking around and putting his time in, i'm sure he would get a little better feed back.

Kyle84
09-15-2010, 05:42 PM
As a newer hunter myself, it sometimes takes alot of nerve to ask any questions in fear for being blown out of the water by vets. I've done two apprecticeships and i wish learning how to hunt was the same way.

moosecaller
09-15-2010, 06:07 PM
As a newer hunter myself, it sometimes takes alot of nerve to ask any questions in fear for being blown out of the water by vets. I've done two apprecticeships and i wish learning how to hunt was the same way.

Absolutely nothing wrong with asking a question that's how we learn. The difference here is demanding an answer with a tone of entitlement, if a bit of humility and respect was shown toward the community I am certain the OP would have been recieved in a much more welcoming manner.

muledeercrazy
09-15-2010, 06:15 PM
Absolutely nothing wrong with asking a question that's how we learn. The difference here is demanding an answer with a tone of entitlement, if a bit of humility and respect was shown toward the community I am certain the OP would have been recieved in a much more welcoming manner.

He did ask nicely! People on this board think every spot they have is a secret spot that they somehow earned entitlement too. It disturbs me how bad hunters are about giving advice, and how they will straighface lie about things. For example, here in Victoria there are only so many spots to fish in the saltchuck. If someone wants to start out fishing, you send them to the spots. Depth, speed, leader length, tide, time, etc all still need to be figured out. Its the same with hunting. How the hell do you guys expect a new hunter to figure out how to stalk game, spot sign, etc if they dont know where to go to find the game in the first place. The idea that you just get out and walk around and find game is stupid.

whitebirdfeathers
09-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Hey guys/gals,

unhelpful joke!!

hahahahhhaaaaaa........! Best post I've read today.

r106
09-15-2010, 06:48 PM

I'm a new hunter as well, last season was my first. I posted lots of questions. I never got one rude response.
________
Wx5 (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_WX5)

Matty_ola
09-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Stakeout your neighbours tomato plants from your bedroom window;)

Works for me:)

M.Dean
09-15-2010, 07:29 PM
SHEKAR, I may have been a little rude in my response, but at lest ask in a nice way for help! To me it sounded like you were demanding a answer, and now! I'm sure if you do need a bit of help, this is the site for that. But, as you can see by the response's, your way of asking for help didn't fly to well, maybe try again.

RJ
09-15-2010, 07:53 PM
You probably did drive right through a bunch of honey holes, thats the funny thing

brian
09-15-2010, 10:58 PM

I'm a new hunter as well, last season was my first. I posted lots of questions. I never got one rude response.

As am I. I have asked a ton of questions and nobody has ever been disrespectful in their answers. Its all about how you ask.

My advice is to go out and walk in the bush, get confused and ask specific questions about what is confusing you. Those answers will lead to more questions which will lead to more confused walks in the bush which will lead to more questions. Eventually you start developing some skills.