PDA

View Full Version : My first rifle!

pin_head
09-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Hey all,

I just wanted to share my excitement of getting my first rifle. She's a Remington model 760 Game Master chambered in .270, circa 1957. Even got the original leather case to go with it.

My grandpa bought it new and passed it down to my dad, and now that my PAL has gone through she is finally mine!

Now I'm really excited to get my core done and hopefully be the third generation to drop game with it.

anyway, here's a photo of my new baby. can't wait to put some rounds through her!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/smitty_33/P9100208.jpg

cheers,
Brad

buck nash
09-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Welcome to the site pin head.

That's a nice family heirloom, hope you christen her soon.

M.Dean
09-12-2010, 07:31 AM
That is one fine looking firearm! Look after it same as your Father and his Father have done over the years and maybe you can pass it down to your son in time! Good luck this year and I hope to see your Photo's of game taken and that gun proudly displayed in them!!!

Ruger4
09-12-2010, 07:43 AM
Very cool pin head , keeping it in the family like that is very rare these days , congrats on a fine piece :mrgreen:

6 K
09-12-2010, 07:55 AM
Good for you pin head, I am glad to see some excitement over a well established firearm and cal.
My first rifle is chambered in .270 too. Don't let anyone fool you you can take most game in BC humainly with that.
Best of luck.

monster_buck_002
09-12-2010, 12:58 PM
ya that cool rife pin head

Big7
09-12-2010, 01:21 PM
good work, a friend of mine has that same rifle! I'm sure you'll fill the freezer with it!

Moose Guide
09-12-2010, 01:44 PM
shoot it well and you'll never need another rifle! Keep care of it and your grandson might use it to fill his freezer too!

nano
09-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Nice gun Pin head, enjoy your time spent with it.

pin_head
09-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys.

I've got 'er all cleaned up, bought a new case and a box of ammo. All I need now is a bit of time to use it!

I would like to get another magazine or two for it, would anybody happen to have something or even a good lead on where to look?

Cheers,
Brad

warnniklz
09-14-2010, 10:21 PM
I happen to be selling the exact same one... I'm glad you're excited about yours

eaglesnester
09-15-2010, 03:12 PM
Ya got yerself a very good rifle there my son. As it was made in 1957, back then they made good firearms. Much much better quality than you see today. It should not be that way as there are advances in machining and metal composition that should make the firearms made today better. This sadly is not the case as the people putting them together could care less about QC.
It is not at all that unusual to buy a brand new rifle and take it to the range and find out that the weapon will not only not fire but when it does go off it will not hit anything.

buckguy
09-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Nice looking rifle. Definately need to take it out for a walk and heat up that barrel. I love the older guns, more personality. Have fun and enjoy the memories you will make.

09-15-2010, 03:49 PM
Hey Pin Head guy,
Those are great pumps, look after it, keep the slides lightly lubed (inside).
Learn how to take it apart. On the stocks I recommend you strip it and oil them with a high quality oil. Do not varnish it, they are famous for swelling near where the front of the butt stack meets the receiver. Look after it like Grandpa and pops and you to can hand it down to your kid.
Good shootin guns too, and the 270 is a great all round cal from Sheep and deer to Elk and Moose.

Congrats !

CT

I Got one in a .308 and several buddies have them too.

IceClash
09-26-2010, 09:51 AM
Gunshows is the best place to look