PDA

View Full Version : Dog cremation

Casagrande
09-11-2010, 06:27 PM
I'm not expecting the old boy to make it through the night, so I'm wondering if anybody has done this and how much it costs. No sob stories etc. please.

Robert_G
09-11-2010, 06:54 PM
It's a dog. Why waste hundreds of dollars on a dog? Dig a hole in the back yard and bury it. Spend the money you save on a new gun or fishing rod.

bsa30-06
09-11-2010, 06:56 PM
Not sure of the costs but my parents have done it before.I believe its done by wieght.Sorry to hear about your dog.

wetcoastwillie
09-11-2010, 06:56 PM
It's by the weight.... At least it was for us. other vets might be different.

Rob
09-11-2010, 07:04 PM
I was quoted a couple hundred, but didnt look into it too much. Sorry to hear this. Rob

hitch
09-11-2010, 07:07 PM
We had to put Will down last Nov. We had him cremated for about $100. Owl Creek Vet put him down and handled the cremation. Not fun but it went very smooth.

OOBuck
09-11-2010, 07:12 PM
It cost me 190.00 and that included a foot print cast. I wanted
something to remember my last lab by.

huntcoop
09-11-2010, 08:02 PM
It's a dog. Why waste hundreds of dollars on a dog? Dig a hole in the back yard and bury it. Spend the money you save on a new gun or fishing rod.

:shock: ......wow.

Casagrande
09-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Go f*** yourself. If you want to continue this I'm at 7621 Anderson Road, Pemberton, B.C. Canada. The only green house on a short street. Any other response online is F****ing gutless.

Iron Glove
09-11-2010, 08:34 PM

That's very Christian of you Robert. :confused:

lilhoss
09-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Had both my chocolates done.They called it "after life care".Euthanised,cremated,etc for about $275.00.ea.Thoughts are with you,that is not an easy time,no matter how old the buddy is.

270WIN
09-11-2010, 08:42 PM
my parents had it done and it was around the 200 mark came with a yurn..

wow robert that was cold and I will just leave it at that

jackson13
09-11-2010, 08:52 PM
I got it done a couple years ago - here it was $200 and some change. Best thing I ever did cuz a little bit of the old hunting buddy goes out everyday with me :)

Casagrande
09-11-2010, 09:13 PM
He's gone. An absolutely awesome black Lab. R.I.P. Logan 1997-2010. Appreciate your (minus one) responses. Let's not turn this into a tear jerker!

Gunner
09-11-2010, 09:24 PM
RIP Logan.

Kasomor
09-11-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm very sorry for your lose.

I was going to suggest you do a plaster paw print of your boy.........like what kids do with a hand print.......they actually sell kits at crafts stores for this or you can make your own....... and inscribe his name on it.

My heart goes out to you,

Kasomor

bsa30-06
09-11-2010, 09:36 PM
RIP Logan.Sorry for your loss.

Jordo
09-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Dude, sorry to hear about your dog. Robert G, you are a piece of shit!

bc sportsman
09-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Had all my dogs cremated and got the ashes back in a box. Three over the past 27 yrs. Buried them near a spot where they overlook our property. Loyal companions deserve respect even if only remind us of their companionship.

Sasquatch
09-11-2010, 10:30 PM
Sounds like he was a great dog. I'm going to tip a glass and toast your time together.

newhunterette
09-11-2010, 10:46 PM
I am very sorry for your loss of Logan

most vets charge about $200 for cremation if you want the ashes back (the charge is for cleaning the crematorium and the euthanizing of you animal)

the cost of mass cremation (disposal - no ashes back) is $25.00 - $50.00

my heart is heavy for your loss as we are very close to the same happening here for our Blue Heeler

as for Robert G. - you fell way down the pedistal with your very disgraceful distasteful response - I don't think any one's post has shocked me more than your's here

Gateholio
09-11-2010, 11:00 PM
My place is okay for burial if you wish. I'm not moving any time soon and good views if you wish. Up to you.

1/2 slam
09-11-2010, 11:40 PM
Had all my dogs cremated and got the ashes back in a box. Three over the past 27 yrs. Buried them near a spot where they overlook our property. Loyal companions deserve respect even if only remind us of their companionship.

True. Apparently Robert does not get it. Do owners are VERY attached to their dogs. If not you shouldn't own one. As some others have said Robert go f@#k yourself.

Casagrande, I'm sorry for your loss.

Gr8 white hunter
09-12-2010, 06:42 AM
Sorry to here about your buddy just went through it in July.

Robert_G
09-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Seems I have upset some with my post.
I'll elaborate a bit where this comes from.

In recent times...people are more and more putting animals at the same level as human beings....equal value.

You want to talk hypocrite? In one sentence a woman condemns another because that person put down their cat instead of spending 1000 bucks at the vet...and the following week she goes out and gets an abortion. That's the mentality of the human race these days.

Look up a news story on the internet and read the reader responses.
If someone abuses a pet...the story gets 500 responses from people wanting to hang the person, but a typical human murder news story gets almost no response, unless it's a child.

There is no question that animals have been equated to the same value as human beings (in some cases even more so)...and that's a problem. Animals are here for our benefit and use.
If we need to test medical procedures on them....then so be it. Again....they are here for our use. That doesn't give us the right to abuse them, but they don't have equal rights with humans.

Anyways....my apologies to the OP. I should of said nothing...but I read the topic at the wrong time obviously, and I got a bit angry.
I do however stand by my word....cremation for a pet is a waste of money. From a moral perspective...that money could be put to much better use.

2slow
09-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Sorry for the loss of your dog. Definitely leaves a hole in your heart and family.

Wolfman
09-12-2010, 02:02 PM
I lost my big girl, a 14 year old Briard, last winter. The vet was very good about taking care of the remains and it cost me about $150.

Condolences on your loss, man.

1/2 slam
09-12-2010, 02:13 PM

In recent times...people are more and more putting animals at the same level as human beings....equal value.

You want to talk hypocrite? In one sentence a woman condemns another because that person put down their cat instead of spending 1000 bucks at the vet...and the following week she goes out and gets an abortion. That's the mentality of the human race these days.

If someone abuses a pet...the story gets 500 responses from people wanting to hang the person, but a typical human murder news story gets almost no response, unless it's a child.

There is no question that animals have been equated to the same value as human beings (in some cases even more so)...and that's a problem. Animals are here for our benefit and use.
If we need to test medical procedures on them....then so be it. Again....they are here for our use. That doesn't give us the right to abuse them, but they don't have equal rights with humans.

Anyways....my apologies to the OP. I should of said nothing...but I read the topic at the wrong time obviously, and I got a bit angry.
I do however stand by my word....cremation for a pet is a waste of money. From a moral perspective...that money could be put to much better use.

Nothing in your useless post equates to this. You just don't get it. Get stuffed.

Casagrande
09-12-2010, 02:15 PM

That money could be better spent elsewhere. Do you drink anything other than water, because if you do that money could be spent elsewhere. Do you own a T.V., stereo etc, because that money could be spent elsewhere. Do you buy Christmas presents, because that money could be spent elsewhere. The money you spent on your computer could be better spent somewhere else. I could go on but I trust you see the point. Your entire aguement is hypocritical if you spend $1 on non-essential items. This post has nothing to do with dog rights or people rights, but if that's your crusade, then fine but I really don't give a shit. Your rant wasn't sought after but you obviously couldn't help yourself. You're right - you should have kept your mouth shut, but apologies accepted.
He's being cremated tomorrow.

Gunner
09-12-2010, 02:27 PM
I have a decoy urn ready for my 12 1/2 year old Chocolate lab,Gunner.(I hope I won't need it for a while yet).I will save his ashes(should he go before me),and when I pass my wife will scatter our ashes together.I can't think of a better friend to share Eternity with. Gunner

mark
09-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Holy crap... some touchy people here????
You guys are ripping Robert a new one????
He didnt say "back over it with the truck, and chuck it in the dump" to save money!
I love my dog as much as any one of you, but when his time comes, Ill simply bury him!
If you spread the ashes, (as many do), all your really doing saving the work of digging a hole!
I think his post was simply a practical point of view, not disrespectful in any way!
Just MY OPINION!

newhunterette
09-12-2010, 02:29 PM

Robert - you are right we shouldn't value animals as the same of human beings. I say this only because an animal gives you unconditional love, they will still love you (even if you are their abuser), they will never let you down , they always try their very best to please you, they give them selves completely from the day you bring them into your life, until the last breath they take. Yup seems to me the value of a pet is way way more valuable than that of a humans - can't say the same for a human being giving as much.
IMO = there is a priceless value to an animal - what an animal gives freely a human has too high a price tag for the same.

I think you hit it right on the head - you should have just kept your mouth shut but being a forgiving person and you were just having a bad day, and I see that Casagrande has accepted your apology, I can also give that same acceptance, however I still see you in a very different light than I used to.

newhunterette
09-12-2010, 02:35 PM
He's being created tomorrow.

I am glad you were able to make your decision for Logan, one that was very hard as some of know having to go through losing a pet.

[quote=mark;743591]
Mark, it is illegal to bury animals in your yard, yes some people do it anyways but it is still illegal there are bi-laws against it.

1/2 slam
09-12-2010, 03:12 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/DSC_0016_copy.jpg

Although Roberts last post is true it has nothing to do with this post.

It is very obvious Casagrande is attached to his dog. He has asked for some information about creamation. Several forum members were able to provide that information. Thank you for doing that.

Roberts comments were not asked for nor were they appropriate.
Several members, myself included, found his comments utterly inappropriate. In the future he should keep his comments to himself.

Here's a picture of my now 4 year old dog as a pup. This is the day I got her. After she looked into my eyes I was done. There's not much I wouldn't do for her. Most dog owners are like that.

Some day I'll be in the same position as Casagrande. At this point I have no idea what I'll do. I do know that it'll rip my guts out.

Well put newhunterette.

Iron Glove
09-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Holy crap... some touchy people here????
You guys are ripping Robert a new one????
He didnt say "back over it with the truck, and chuck it in the dump" to save money!
I love my dog as much as any one of you, but when his time comes, Ill simply bury him!
If you spread the ashes, (as many do), all your really doing saving the work of digging a hole!
I think his post was simply a practical point of view, not disrespectful in any way!
Just MY OPINION!

I guess it depends on how you look at it.
The original poster is obviously upset about the loss of his companion ( Newhuntertte expresses our feelings about pets much better than I ) and wants to do something reasonable to remember the dog by. He asks a simple question and is looking for a simple, respectful answer at a sad point in his life.
Robert doesn't even say "sorry about your loss, but why not save the $$ and donate it to the SPCA in memory" or something like that. No, it's a waste of $$.
WOW !!!
Robert is, I believe, immersed in the study of theology, I hope that if he ever is involved in counselling his flock that he does a lot better.

Gunner
09-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Certain schools of theology teach that animals(dogs) have no souls.I prefer to believe otherwise. All dogs go to Heaven(even though all of us may not!) Gunner

Robert_G
09-13-2010, 09:10 AM
Here's a picture of my now 4 year old dog as a pup. This is the day I got her. After she looked into my eyes I was done. There's not much I wouldn't do for her. Most dog owners are like that.

Over they years I have read MANY news stories about men jumping into a fast moving river or an ice cold lake to save their dog....only to drown themselves and leave their wife as a widow and their children fatherless.

The absolute height of stupidity and selfishness. Do you not see that many people value their pets too much?

2slow
09-13-2010, 09:24 AM
Over they years I have read MANY news stories about men jumping into a fast moving river or an ice cold lake to save their dog....only to drown themselves and leave their wife as a widow and their children fatherless.

The absolute height of stupidity and selfishness. Do you not see that many people value their pets too much?

Robert I hate to say it but you are coming off as one who cannot admit to putting their foot in their own mouth.

Stop trying to justify yourself and do your future profession a favor. Commit the next week to studying humility as it would apply to yourself and not how to apply it to others.

Iron Glove
09-13-2010, 09:27 AM

Over the years I have read many articles about millions of men going off to war in defence of their "god" ... only to die and leave their wife as a widow and their children fatherless.
The absoulute height of stupididty and selfishness. Do you not see that many people value their gods too much?

A good neighbour of ours once said; "You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat their pets."
How true.

weatherby_man
09-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Sorry about your loss, cremation cost me around $150.

Just had my lil' girl Copper cremated last week. She's on the mantle with my best buddy Bailey and Fred the cat. I have no problem with people burying pets in their yards or even in a favourite hunting spot as some have done. Bottom line - respect your pet, he/she has given you untold hours of true love and protection and possibly helped you put food on the table.

Robert_G - best just stop talking, you are just digging yourself deeper into the sh*t-hole.

Robert_G
09-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Over the years I have read many articles about millions of men going off to war in defence of their "god" ... only to die and leave their wife as a widow and their children fatherless.
The absoulute height of stupididty and selfishness. Do you not see that many people value their gods too much?

Depends on what god they serve, and whether or not they were forced.

A good neighbour of ours once said; "You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat their pets."
How true.

You can really tell a lot about a person by how they treat other people.

Which reminds me....why are people shouting vulgarities at me? Does swearing and calling me names like immature school children make you the better person? Think about it.

Robert_G
09-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Robert I hate to say it but you are coming off as one who cannot admit to putting their foot in their own mouth.

Stop trying to justify yourself and do your future profession a favor. Commit the next week to studying humility as it would apply to yourself and not how to apply it to others.

I apologized already. No hole to dig out of.
On another note, since you think I need a humility lesson and seem concerned about my future profession:

If you spend any considerable time studying the 'current events', you'll agree that human relationships in general are going down the toilet. Many theologians have plainly stated that people are elevating their love for their pets to a point where it is causing an imbalance for them to know how to relate to people anymore. This isn't the only reason...but is definetely one reason...In fact, there is also secular study that backs this up as well.

A good preacher would warn his flock of this...don't ya think?

2slow
09-13-2010, 11:14 AM
I apologized already. No hole to dig out of.
On another note, since you think I need a humility lesson and seem concerned about my future profession:

If you spend any considerable time studying the 'current events', you'll agree that human relationships in general are going down the toilet. Many theologians have plainly stated that people are elevating their love for their pets to a point where it is causing an imbalance for them to know how to relate to people anymore. This isn't the only reason...but is definetely one reason...In fact, there is also secular study that backs this up as well.

A good preacher would warn his flock of this...don't ya think?

This is not your flock. This is Marcs house. you are an invited guest.

..........Robert.....1 Cor 13:1.........How does a person show it? Through compassion

This thread is started by someone who is grieving and asked a question about a subject.
All they want is an answer to their question and maybe a couple of words of encouragement to get them through their day, a virtual shoulder to lean on.
They did not want or need a lesson taught on theology.

The thing I have learned and observed over the years is that theology courses teach you lots of knowledge but very little wisdom.

Robert_G
09-13-2010, 11:23 AM
This is not your flock. This is Marcs house. you are an invited guest.

..........Robert.....1 Cor 13:1.........How does a person show it? Through compassion

This thread is started by someone who is grieving and asked a question about a subject.
All they want is an answer to their question and maybe a couple of words of encouragement to get them through their day, a virtual shoulder to lean on.
They did not want or need a lesson taught on theology.

The thing I have learned and observed over the years is that theology courses teach you lots of knowledge but very little wisdom.

Then you've never really studied theology...and I wasn't refering to THIS flock.

hardnocks
09-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Me thinks robert g will burn in pergatory:mrgreen:

Iron Glove
09-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Which reminds me....why are people shouting vulgarities at me? Does swearing and calling me names like immature school children make you the better person? Think about it.

In case you missed it Robert, it was YOUR insensitive treatment of a person in time of grief that brought the whole mess down on you. So yes, we can tell a whole lot about YOU by the way you treat other people and the picture ain't good.
Your insensitivity and lack of compassion speaks volumes about you.
Hope your flock fares better.

Robert_G
09-13-2010, 01:02 PM
In case you missed it Robert, it was YOUR insensitive treatment of a person in time of grief that brought the whole mess down on you. So yes, we can tell a whole lot about YOU by the way you treat other people and the picture ain't good.
Your insensitivity and lack of compassion speaks volumes about you.
Hope your flock fares better.

Yes...you can tell a lot about me...you know me so well....right? The fact that relationships between human beings are more important to me then pets makes me a bad person...isn't that what you're trying to say?

I admit that I was being insensitive, but that doesn't take away the fact of how misled society is these days when they care more about their pets then other human beings. If you can't see that, then you're blind. The job of a preacher is to point out both the good and the bad while being sensitive. I admit that I left out the 'being sensitive' part this time.
So sue me for being an imperfect human being. That doesn't change my stance on the subject matter.

If you can sit there on your chair and post that you've never said anything insensitive to someone at anytime in your life....then congrats...I give you full permission to stone me....otherwise be real careful who you judge....because you know as well as I do that everyone occasionally says something that shouldn't be said. And every pastor I've ever met...still does it too.....on occasion. Pastors aren't perfect people either.

Wolfman
09-13-2010, 01:54 PM

How true.

Tell it like it is, bro! WELL said.

In my not so humble opinion, pets are often family. In mine, my dogs have always been like family. Maybe not quite the same as the humans, but loved and cared for nonetheless.

Casagrande
09-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Well, just got back from the city and this has gotten a little interesting. So for those who may be wondering, we used Until We Meet Again in North Vancouver. $235 for a private (our dog only) cremation based on a 70 lb dog. There are additional add on options you can choose that add to the cost. Got a quick tour of the place and the owner Kevin was great - fully recommend him.
For those who have offered their support here, thank you. I wasn't seeking it, nor do I require it as I'm a big believer in self reliance and my "faith" is in my family and friends and that's where it starts and stops. Nor do I need anyone to come to my defence, its good to get your nose bloodied every now and then, keeps you grounded. Nevertheless, thank you once again.
As for Robert, well, he just doesn't get it. I just didn't like someone telling me what to do with my money or my dog. My only regret was that we weren't in the same room. I'll only say this, my dog was worth more than Jimmy Baker, Robert Pickton, any member of the Taliban, Adolph Hitler, Clifford Olson or the vast number of child molesting priests that are still taking away innocence behind the cloak of whatever.
Oh yeah, money well spent.
I'm done with this thread.
Mike.

caper321
09-13-2010, 11:18 PM
2871 robert says that people die trying to save their dogs life sometimes, but it goes the other way aswell. Your dog would do anything for you. this was my dog, i had him cremated, and put his ashes in my tattoo, so now he will be a part of me for ever. Its fine if people dont feel the same way about animals, but if someone does feel so strong towards their pets why try to make them feel bad about it. I was always told that if you dont have something nice to say, dont say anything at all. its that simple. no good comes out of it, as you can see , some guy just wanted info at a sad time in his life, and it just becomes a slam fest back and forth.

Iron Glove
09-14-2010, 08:01 AM
Yes...you can tell a lot about me...you know me so well....right? The fact that relationships between human beings are more important to me then pets makes me a bad person...isn't that what you're trying to say?

I admit that I was being insensitive, but that doesn't take away the fact of how misled society is these days when they care more about their pets then other human beings. If you can't see that, then you're blind. The job of a preacher is to point out both the good and the bad while being sensitive. I admit that I left out the 'being sensitive' part this time.
So sue me for being an imperfect human being. That doesn't change my stance on the subject matter.

If you can sit there on your chair and post that you've never said anything insensitive to someone at anytime in your life....then congrats...I give you full permission to stone me....otherwise be real careful who you judge....because you know as well as I do that everyone occasionally says something that shouldn't be said. And every pastor I've ever met...still does it too.....on occasion. Pastors aren't perfect people either.

Man, you really don't get it. :icon_frow
Let's do a quick review here.
You start with a very insensitive remark - even you ultimately admitted that.
You offer up an apology - good for you. BUT ...... it's a qualified apology. A simple "I'm sorry for making such an insensitive remark at your time of grief" would've done. But no, you apologize with a caveat.
And then, when the SHTF, you dig yourselve deeper and deeper.
Yes, we have all said insensitive things in our lives but for the most part we offer up an apology and then shut up.
What's the old adage about "better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt". ??
No one gives a hoot that your human relationships are better, or worse, than your relationships with pets, the problem most of us mere mortals have is your attitude towards a human being's situation. Get it. :confused:
Yes, even Pastors err - they are after all human.
Our cabin neighbour will shortly be a Pastor, we would've loved to have her officiate at our Son's wedding last week, even tho' our family tends to be heathens. She is kind, loving, humble and sensitive. She is also a pet owner and NEVER would've uttered the nonsense you did. We share the odd drink by the fire and discuss the real world. If I ever cross over to the other side, I'd be a member of her Church.
And like others have said before "The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog".

Gateholio
09-14-2010, 09:08 AM

I think it's sparkling clear to everyone but you that he wasn't saying anything of the sort. He was pointing out the irony of you making a statement like this:

When you clearly treated Casagrande quite poorly when he asked some advice during a time when he and his family just lost a faithful companion. It's got nothing to do with your belief that humans rank higher than animals,and everything with you being a dick to someone who asked simple question.

Robert_G
09-14-2010, 09:17 AM
And then, when the SHTF, you dig yourselve deeper and deeper.

That's your opinion. I've stated my stance and it's solid. I am not digging a deeper hole, but if you see it that way...so be it.

Yes, we have all said insensitive things in our lives but for the most part we offer up an apology and then shut up.
What's the old adage about "better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt". ??

Agreed...unfortunately, REAL wisdom seems to be eluding the majority of pet owners in this thread. I'm not saying you can't have a nice pet to love, but human relationships have to be priority. Teachings that instruct people to build relationships with people before pets is real wisdom....but obviously that is eluding you as well.

No one gives a hoot that your human relationships are better, or worse, than your relationships with pets, the problem most of us mere mortals have is your attitude towards a human being's situation. Get it. :confused:

Excuse me? I never once even mentioned one word about MY own relationships with other human beings. Don't impose words that I didn't say.

As for my attitude? I was upset that someone would blow hundreds of dollars on a dead animal. Compassion is one thing....but rebuke is required when irresponsible decisions are made..even though this was 'his' decision to make...nonetheless...this decision WAS financially irresponsible. Real wisdom would tell you that....but again....it seems that wisdom eludes you.

Yes, even Pastors err - they are after all human.
Our cabin neighbour will shortly be a Pastor, we would've loved to have her officiate at our Son's wedding last week, even tho' our family tends to be heathens. She is kind, loving, humble and sensitive. She is also a pet owner and NEVER would've uttered the nonsense you did. We share the odd drink by the fire and discuss the real world. If I ever cross over to the other side, I'd be a member of her Church.

If she teaches that you should spend hundreds of dollars on a dead animal instead of putting it towards more useful causes....then she isn't much of a pastor.

And like others have said before "The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog".

And again....this speaks volumes of your lack of real wisdom.

Robert_G
09-14-2010, 09:18 AM
I think it's sparkling clear to everyone but you that he wasn't saying anything of the sort. He was pointing out the irony of you making a statement like this:

When you clearly treated Casagrande quite poorly when he asked some advice during a time when he and his family just lost a faithful companion. It's got nothing to do with your belief that humans rank higher than animals,and everything with you being a dick to someone who asked simple question.

And if people would have read my second post, I apologized....but they insisted on hurling more vulgarities and swearing at me.

2slow
09-14-2010, 09:31 AM
Robert I have one last thing to say on this topic. Please shut up. You are making the rest of us look very bad. You are trying to be so right that your actually now wrong. Stubborn and pigheaded to the point of damaging your reputation makes me think that you need to stand back, cool off and step down off your high horse........brother.

Gateholio
09-14-2010, 09:34 AM
And if people would have read my second post, I apologized....but they insisted on hurling more vulgarities and swearing at me.

Your second post an apology? No, not really:

Your second post was you defending your position for 4 paragraphs and one line about apologizing- And then you negate your apology by again insisting that you are correct and that Casagrandes decision to spend his money is immoral.

You are placing MONEY as the most important thing on the list.....

Robert_G
09-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Your second post an apology? No, not really:

Your second post was you defending your position for 4 paragraphs and one line about apologizing- And then you negate your apology by again insisting that you are correct and that Casagrandes decision to spend his money is immoral.

You are placing MONEY as the most important thing on the list.....

An apology is an apology. It was sincere, and I was going to leave it at that, but since I was still taking flack (swearing and vulgarity that you moderators seem to allow) from others, I decided to continue defending my stance.

I was not placing 'money' as the most important thing on the list.
It was his being irresponsible that I was pointing out and it just happened to be in regards to money. Blowing hundreds of dollars on cremating dead carcasses is irresponsible...and it proves my point that people value thier pets over human beings...and that is morally wrong....period.

Robert_G
09-14-2010, 09:53 AM
You are making the rest of us look very bad.

How immature.
That is probably the most childish, uneducated...not to mention logically impossible comment I've heard in a long time.

"I make you look bad".....give me a break. Only you can make yourself look bad...which you are doing a very good job of.

srupp
09-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Hmmm I would dive into any river to save my pet, and my wife..but not in that order..but yes would go in after my lab Ebony..I have doven in after complete strangers in years gone by.

We had no children and no a pet does not replace a child in a familly however it does give us someone to love and spend time with TOGETHER..spend time with teaching skills and obedience issues etc,,

In return after a 14 hour brutal night dealing with horrors you... I dearly hope... will never see or experience..I come through the front dooor feeling like POOP..and there is my Dog /pet Ebony tail going 100 miles an hour face one of complete happiness..body contorting back to me how happy she is I am home..this helps me try anmd forget the events of the past nite..thats her way of giveing back..

I think VERY HIGHLY of my "hair child"..yes I wish we could have had children..this is what we do have...and for that Im thankful..

The vet here creamated our past 3 labs $200 each...seperate creamations not a group thing with others pets..

We recieved a rather plane but functional pine box for the ashes..

If your beloved pets cremation does not come with a suitable box for display contact me...and send a photo..and I can make you up a small box from the ashes with the pets photo laser engraved within the wood (for free ).. as I did for Morgan..

Robert G I appreciate other will have different views...sensitivity is a virtue...respect others right to be in the grieving state..and not everything is a theological battle...Mathew 5:16

cheers
Srupp

stitch
09-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Does anyone know who this Robert G guy is?

Robert_G
09-14-2010, 10:04 AM
I'd love to know how many of these 'pet lovers' who blow hundreds of dollars on their pets, give to each 'respectable' human charity that knocks on their doors, and how many make excuses.
I think the stats would be interesting.

Robert_G
09-14-2010, 10:08 AM
Robert G I appreciate other will have different views...sensitivity is a virtue...respect others right to be in the grieving state..and not everything is a theological battle...Mathew 5:16

cheers
Srupp

I respect that Steve, but I also have a view, which is just as important as someone elses view.
And even though God told us that everything isn't a theological battle, he also told us to use our 'gifts' (in this case money), wisely. If spending hundreds of dollars to cremate an animal carcass is 'wisdom', in the mind of some....then I rest my case in saying that humanity is going down the toilet.

newhunterette
09-14-2010, 10:24 AM
I am so angry in regards to Robert's blatant disrespect for animals, especially being such a "Godly" man.

Where is the compassion and empathy one is supposed to have towards his fellow beings.

To say it is a waste of money to give a friend a proper burial, cremation, send of to the other side "supposedly Heaven".
Where does it say that animals are not worth respect, compassion, love, empathy? Why are these emotions only allowed for as you say "Humans"

Do you even know, some people in this world can not have children and some of these people bring animals into their lives and share the love for this animal as if it was a child, what is wrong with that, we are supposed to be loving and caring beings. Of course it isn't the same as having a child but I am sure you get my meaning.

When a person loses a pet, that they have had since it was a baby and raised it, fostered it and it is time for the pet to leave this world, doesn't it deserve the same respect we would give to losing any loved one from your family (if that is the choice you make).

I for one will fill you in on something here: we have many animals living in our home, all different species, all adopted because other people who had them didn't want them any more or they were born with some form of disability ( I bet you would be one of those who says, what use is it, just kill it and be done with it?) I have my dog, she was on death row at the shelter where we adopted her and my daughter said we had to save her, she was 2 years old, we have saved her life more than once in the past 14 years we have had her (she is 16 now) and every penny we have shelled out for her life was worth it because of the joys and memories she has given our family. She saved my son when he was 4 from drowning. She saved my house from being robbed, she kept a watchful eye on my children when they were exploring the wilderness as young children, she kept our family safe. She now has dog's alzheimers and yes we are caring for her with expensive medications and hoping it helps her stay with us awhile longer but the one thing we are very lucky for is if she starts suffering, in severe pains, we have the option of having her put down in a humane and loving way (can us Humans do that for other humans that are suffering from debilitating life terminating diseases). If and when the time comes Sissy will be treated as Casagrande treated his Logan, with love, compassion, empathy, and respect - she will be cremated and her ashes will be saved for the time when we can spread them over the place she cherished the most in her life.

Casagrande, all he asked was a question in regards to cost on cremating a lost pet, someone he loved and respected, he did not ask for a lecture on economics, theology.

Robert, do you even have a pet, because if you do, please find it a new home where it will get the respect it deserves to have.

My apologies to my fellow HBC friends for my rant but as I said I am angry.

700bdl
09-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Sorry for your loss. No experience with this myself but asked a friend and he paid $250 for his German Shepherd. He had some of the ashes put in little lockets, and he and his family wear them on a chain around their necks. Nice little keepsake and the family pet is always close to their heart.

Robert_G
09-14-2010, 10:34 AM
I am so angry in regards to Robert's blatant disrespect for animals, especially being such a "Godly" man.

Where is the compassion and empathy one is supposed to have towards his fellow beings.

I already apologized for not being sensitive. As stated earlier, I read this post at the wrong time, and wish I never posted at all, but now that I'm here, I will defend my stance

To say it is a waste of money to give a friend a proper burial, cremation, send of to the other side "supposedly Heaven".
Where does it say that animals are not worth respect, compassion, love, empathy? Why are these emotions only allowed for as you say "Humans"

Easy there....I never once said that LIVE animals are not worth respect, compassion, love, and empathy....but a dead animal...is just that...a dead carcass.

You asked if I had a pet? I do have a pet. I have a blue male cat. He's an awesome pet. He cuddles daily and purrs on my lap. Out of the 5 in my family...he knows he's my cat. I treat him very nicely. Good food, clean litter...etc...etc.
He is 9 years old however....and if he starts peeing on all the blankets and my couch...and the vet tells me his bladder is permanently screwed...and that soon my house will stink like the SPCA...him and I will be making a trip to the river with the 12 gauge. Close range...one shot.....absolutely humanely done...he won't feel a thing...cost me $1...and the birds can have the rest.

Tenacious Billy
09-14-2010, 10:42 AM
I'd love to know how many of these 'pet lovers' who blow hundreds of dollars on their pets, give to each 'respectable' human charity that knocks on their doors, and how many make excuses.

Man, you should have dissapeared from this thread after your first post.......how someone else spends their money is really none of your business.

2slow
09-14-2010, 10:42 AM
How immature.
That is probably the most childish, uneducated...not to mention logically impossible comment I've heard in a long time.

"I make you look bad".....give me a break. Only you can make yourself look bad...which you are doing a very good job of.

Ok last post on this topic for sure now lol.

Robert in previous posts we have discussed theology etc from a christian stand point etc.
In those conversations I had said that even though I may disagree with some folks here on HBC there was not one that i would not enjoy sharing a campfire with and shooting the bull.
If you ever see me at a campfire please keep on walking, you will not be welcome.
You have managed to alienate Christians and non Christians alike.
Your pure arrogance is dumbfounding and I challenge you to take this thread to your theology professors in its entirety, unedited, and see what they would have to say.

Robert_G
09-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Robert I have one last thing to say on this topic.

*points to the above*

You don't even listen to yourself, much less other people.

Robert_G
09-14-2010, 10:53 AM
how someone else spends their money is really none of your business.

You're right, it isn't, but researching statistics doesn't qualify as invading one's privacy.

Robert_G
09-14-2010, 10:54 AM
Ok last post on this topic for sure now lol.

Robert in previous posts we have discussed theology etc from a christian stand point etc.
In those conversations I had said that even though I may disagree with some folks here on HBC there was not one that i would not enjoy sharing a campfire with and shooting the bull.
If you ever see me at a campfire please keep on walking, you will not be welcome.
You have managed to alienate Christians and non Christians alike.
Your pure arrogance is dumbfounding and I challenge you to take this thread to your theology professors in its entirety, unedited, and see what they would have to say.

Oh...and for the record, I've had a few PMs now with some support for my stance....they admit that they won't post because of the lynch mob that exists in this thread.

700bdl
09-14-2010, 11:02 AM
I thought this was a thread about dog cremation.

MB_Boy
09-14-2010, 11:05 AM

Robert....been watching this thread for a while.

Let me ask you a question....do you give money to the church first or to "respectable human charities" that knock on your door? If it IS the church first and charities second do you not think that is a bit of a selfish way to delegate your dollars?

Do you in fact judge Christians based on their financial commitment to the church? There are VERY active Christians and there are also 'non-practicing' Christians out there. If one of your bretheren at your church chose to forgo their annual contribution to the church in favour of donating that annual dollar amount to helping a third world country such as the Red Cross and their work in Haiti (just an example) would you think any less of them?

Maybe it's just me.....but I would have some real trouble staring down the barrel of a gun at my pet and pulling the trigger on my 4-legged friend/family member who provides affection unconditionally just because it's bladder was starting to go or it's health was STARTING to fail. For me personally......if my pet was sick and it's quality of life was going down the tubes, I would be taking he/she to the vet to have it put down. If someone chooses to judge me for doing that.....then so be it, but I would also expect them to keep it to themselves.

Robert_G
09-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Robert....been watching this thread for a while.

Let me ask you a question....do you give money to the church first or to "respectable human charities" that knock on your door? If it IS the church first and charities second do you not think that is a bit of a selfish way to delegate your dollars?

Before I pay myself, I give a portion to 'God'. Every penny I have belongs to God. The fact He allows me to have some is a gift in itself. As for who I give to after that...it depends on a variety of factors, which is a private matter...but to answer your question....I give to God...'FIRST', before anyone else...including myself.

Do you in fact judge Christians based on their financial commitment to the church? There are VERY active Christians and there are also 'non-practicing' Christians out there. If one of your bretheren at your church chose to forgo their annual contribution to the church in favour of donating that annual dollar amount to helping a third world country such as the Red Cross and their work in Haiti (just an example) would you think any less of them?

I cannot judge someone's heart as to what they give and who they give to, but every charity that we give to should be done in the name of Christ....no exceptions. If the charity is not worthy of God (IE...pro choice groups)...then a Christian should NOT give to that charity. As for Haiti as an example...that is between the Christian and God. I would never judge that person.

Also in regards to a bretheren at Church...we don't get at each other and question where our money is being given. We trust our brothers to give as God would want us to give. A true Christian 'knows' what God expects of us in regards to how we use the money HE gives us.

Maybe it's just me.....but I would have some real trouble staring down the barrel of a gun at my pet and pulling the trigger on my 4-legged friend/family member who provides affection unconditionally just because it's bladder was starting to go or it's health was STARTING to fail.

It wouldn't be easy...but when the vet says his time is up....it's up.

Gateholio
09-14-2010, 11:20 AM
An apology is an apology. It was sincere, and I was going to leave it at that, but since I was still taking flack (swearing and vulgarity that you moderators seem to allow) from others, I decided to continue defending my stance.

Your apology was anything but sincere- It was simply you justifying your rude response.
The most vulgar thing I have seen on this thread is your post where you chastise a person that has asked a simple question for how he spends his money, with zero knowledge of his financial situation.

I was not placing 'money' as the most important thing on the list.
It was his being irresponsible that I was pointing out and it just happened to be in regards to money. Blowing hundreds of dollars on cremating dead carcasses is irresponsible...and it proves my point that people value thier pets over human beings...and that is morally wrong....period.

Your point about humans vs pets could have been an interesting topic on another thread. Instead you have tried to use that topic as a smokescreen to justify your rudeness and insensitivity when you chastised someone for how they spent thier money.

And of course you were placing money up higher than human interests.... If spending a small amount of money to cremate a pets remains gives a family comfort, then that is not being irresponsible, and besides- It's his money, who are you to judge someone for how they spend thier money?

If a mans family is fed, his bills are paid and he can afford it, who are YOU to tell them that they are immoral for how they spend their money? Who Are YOU to call them irresponsible?

Who else are you going to judge for how they spend their money? What other expenditures of HBC members will you be judging? FIrearms? Optics? Boots? Vacations in tropical climates?

cainer
09-14-2010, 11:22 AM
It's god. Why waste hundreds of dollars on a god? Dig a hole in the back yard and bury it. Spend the money you save on a new gun or fishing rod.

Iron Glove
09-14-2010, 11:26 AM
You asked if I had a pet? I do have a pet. I have a blue male cat. He's an awesome pet. He cuddles daily and purrs on my lap. Out of the 5 in my family...he knows he's my cat. I treat him very nicely. Good food, clean litter...etc...etc.
He is 9 years old however....and if he starts peeing on all the blankets and my couch...and the vet tells me his bladder is permanently screwed...and that soon my house will stink like the SPCA...him and I will be making a trip to the river with the 12 gauge. Close range...one shot.....absolutely humanely done...he won't feel a thing...cost me $1...and the birds can have the rest.

Well there ya' go, I knew we had something in common. :wink:
We have a Manx that has the same problem, been that way for maybe 5 years now. Yes, the house has pee pads and covers on the furniture to help and on a hot day there might be a distinctive taint in the air. But, until the Vet says that her health is bad, she's gonna remain peeing in our house. Actually "peeing" is wrong, it's "leaking" to be correct.
And when or if it comes the time, she will be euthanised at the Vets and cremated. After 13 years so far of love and devotion, it's the least we can offer as compassionate humans.
And re your comments about getting PMs of support, good for you. I fully support your right to think that incurring costs for a dog is unreasonable, I just don't support your lack of compassion under the circumstances.
Your snide commment about my Pastor friend will be considered from the source it came from. I'll take her over you any day, any place.

skibum
09-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Don't threads get closed once the orignal question/statement has been settled and it start getting ridiculous?

This guy is just continuing this because you will never know who he actually is

Iron Glove
09-14-2010, 02:00 PM
"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers

"Heaven goes by favour. If it were by merit you would stay out and your dog would go in."
Mark Twain

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you. they will be there long before any of us."
R.L.S.

700bdl
09-14-2010, 02:56 PM
A wise man once told me that when a hunter dies, they will face all the animals they killed.

I wish I had that information before I shot that 6x6 bull elk and that 8 foot grizzly.

srupp
09-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Hmmm I DO in fact know Robert and have hunted with the lad..I would in fact trust him with my well being on a hunt....good values and good familly.

I disagree with his opinion even though I know where he is coming from and see his point..I prefer pure bred labs as pets they did cost me $700 each and the one pet Morgan had $2500 in surgery for her 2 injured legs..I PERSONALLY paid this even though it was steep...however I brought the pup home agreeing to do the best I could..and always have..at $10,000 I would have had to put Morgan down its my lot in life and Susan and I decieded on what we could do for our pet.

When we put our old terminal pets down, yes we could have done the deed ourselves..we chose to have the finale deed done by a vet with a needle..our choice..and then individually cremated..again our choice..we did what we individually and as a couple/familly felt was best..the dead animal was just that a dead corpse..the life was gone and the animal I knew as my friend..same as in life with humans and their souls..however it was a personal decision...and I know others that have several pets in graves at a cherished spot on their farms...I have not heard any positive expeiences of putting down the pet personally..yet..

Robert speaks his mind and has made his personal point..in his characteristic way..:mrgreen:...

TYhe original point was cremation and costs....

Steven

Casagrande
09-14-2010, 06:23 PM
After once again being accused of making an irresponsible financial decision and by extension lacking real wisdom, you're beginning to piss me off Robert. Kind of like those poorly dressed sheep who show up at your front door on a Sunday morning trying to convert you to the dark side. Of all people, you are the last that I need to defend my decision to and it would be futile to do so. Your mind is so f***ing distorted by its adherence to a mythical entity that it makes it impossible. I guess the Easter Bunny showed up this year as well. Your holier than thou wisdom (drivel) certainly attests to your blind devotion though. Just make sure that you don't get struck by one of those bricks from your ever crumbling white tower.
If you want to accuse me of anything else, you know where to find me.
And you better bring your god with you.