PDA

View Full Version : Spatsizi resident sheep harvest?

BromBones
09-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Sounds like residents may have met their quota and then some already this year.

Heard today through an outfitter in reg 6 (not Collingwoods) that resident harvest number is in the high teens.:confused:

Wondering if it's just a rumour? Anyone else heard that?

Fisher-Dude
09-10-2010, 09:11 PM
I haven't heard anything of the sort.

http://www.bclocalnews.com/bc_north/interior-news/community/100365884.html

Caribou_lou
09-11-2010, 08:55 AM

Heard today through an outfitter in reg 6 (not Collingwoods) that resident harvest number is in the high teens.:confused:

So what your saying is that you believe something a guide told you?

If we have I don't see it as that big of a problem. Exceeding our quota for one season wont even bring resident close to par with what collingwoods have taken over the past 10 years.

09-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Good, that'll make up for the last 10 years where we only shot half our annual allocation each year.

Note, there is no such thing as resident quota.

BromBones
09-11-2010, 10:06 AM
So what your saying is that you believe something a guide told you?

If we have I don't see it as that big of a problem. Exceeding our quota for one season wont even bring resident close to par with what collingwoods have taken over the past 10 years.

Just because someone may be 'a guide', doen't make them a bullshitter now does it.:-? Also happen to be family members who are resident hunters as well, and wouldn't BS for the sake of stirring up shit.

Just sounds like the talk around town so to speak. I'm just curious

Caribou_lou
09-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Just because someone may be 'a guide', doen't make them a bullshitter now does it.:-? Also happen to be family members who are resident hunters as well, and wouldn't BS for the sake of stirring up shit.

Just sounds like the talk around town so to speak. I'm just curious

Because they are a guide, Most likely means they heard it from Reggie. Who has done nothing but complain about the amount of residents in his area this season. It's about time resident started hunting his area more.

How would any guide outfitter but Reg know this?

Not saying you family is BS'n, But someone fed them BS!

Caribou_lou
10-25-2010, 07:37 PM

S I heard from a great source today about resident harvest numbers in Spatsizi for this season. Resident harvested 7 rams and Collingwoods took their 8.

Just thought I'd let you know BromBrom

GoatGuy
10-25-2010, 07:40 PM
S I heard from a great source today about resident harvest numbers in Spatsizi for this season. Resident harvested 7 rams and Collingwoods took their 8.

Just thought I'd let you know BromBrom

Those are the correct numbers. The resident side will probably go up a bit yet with CIs rolling in.

BromBones
01-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Those are the correct numbers. The resident side will probably go up a bit yet with CIs rolling in.

Apparently 10 was the final number for resident hunters. Pretty much on target I guess. Might have been 11, if I hadn't tried to twist my leg off:wink:

safarichris
01-08-2011, 06:18 PM
The numbers in the high teens that you hear are a load of crap. The numbers of good legal rams in the Spatzizi are no where near that. back thirty years ago up until this current season. I used to manage the outfit many years ago when some very good rams were harvested. The most we ever took out was ten. maybe two went over 40 for someone to suggest a high teen number, absolutely does not hold water. furthermore, for residents to get into the good rams, it is one hell of a walk. I very much doubt anyone could make the jouney and harvest that many rams, just not feasable.
If every hunter that hunted the Spatzizi had a horse, it still would not be feasable.

BromBones
01-08-2011, 06:22 PM
The numbers in the high teens that you hear are a load of crap.

Concluded that a long time ago. Thanks.

boxhitch
01-08-2011, 06:33 PM
If the g/o can get >80 % success year after year, there are some good numbers there.
Glad to see the changes for residents are being used to success

GoatGuy
01-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Apparently 10 was the final number for resident hunters. Pretty much on target I guess. Might have been 11, if I hadn't tried to twist my leg off:wink:

Target for res right now is 11 per year or about 55 over 5 years. The average harvest is around 4 so there's a ways to go. Come 2011 resident will be looking at a target of about 13 per year +- and the outfitter will probably be around 9 which is about the same as it always has been.

Curious where the rumours started if youre willing to share? Wouldn't want to take a guess and start a rumor.:wink:

The rumours you heard ended up in the province a couple months ago 'the slaughter' was on. Doesn't really help the image for hunting and it's always nice to find the source.