PDA

View Full Version : Youth Season Success

Sega
09-10-2010, 06:33 PM
http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz277/sega1/PaulsFirstWhiteTail2010002.jpgEarly saturday morning my son and I decided to go out for a hunt. We spotted several 2-point bucks, but my son was holding out for something a little larger and decided not to shoot at them. The next day we went out for an evening hunt to a new spot where we've never gone before. There was little sign of game, and darkness was creeping up on us. So we decided to head home. About 5 min. from hitting the main highway at around 7:30, My friend who tagged along with us showed us the new area, and he spotted a white twitch off to the side of the road in a clearing. Next thing you know, all you see is a white tailed buck running away. So we slammed on the brakes and my son quickly jumps out of the truck, loaded his gun, and at around 100 yards the buck stopped to take a last glance. That gave my son just enough time to plug it one. He shot it right in neck just as it was starting to walk away, and it dropped like a sack of potatoes. The buck was a beautiful little 5x4, and much to our surprise it already rubbed off all of its velvet. All in all a successful day, with my son shooting his first ever white tail.

Mik
09-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Awesome, I was wondering when you were gonna post the story! And of coarse a story is worth nothing without photos;) let's see it! And Congrats on a great hunt! Always good to see the youth be successful

Steeleco
09-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Congrats to your son on a successful hunt, but his Dad is going to get spanked if he's doesn't come through with a picture or two POST HASTE!! :wink::wink:

If you need a hand, fire them to steeleco@gmail and I'll help you with them!!

5 spike
09-10-2010, 06:51 PM
awesome you guys. but we need pics. congrats.

doubled
09-11-2010, 07:25 AM
Awesome whitey but where are the pics???

:cry:

Sega
09-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Sorry Boys, had some computer technical difficulties uploading
pics. But all is well now!

BimmerBob
09-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Great job Sega, fine whitey for your son. Congrats!

littlebilly
09-19-2010, 04:58 PM
nice whitey sega and son. Looks like the season is turning out to be great again this year, eh!?