PDA

View Full Version : Whitetail Oct opening gong show?

doug0673
09-10-2010, 01:08 PM
I have a tag for mule deer but I also bought a whitetail and was going to sneak away for Oct 1. Do you think that region 8 is going to resemble sockeye on opening day?

Lets hear your thoughts on this.

Lone Ranger
09-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Depends where you go, if you go where everyone else does then probably. Don't see why it would though, lots of quiet hunting areas in region 8.

Couldn't be any worse than turkey opener in Christina Lake last spring though. LR

Steeleco
09-10-2010, 01:19 PM
The Christian valley is to Whitetails, what Clearwater is to Mulies. :mrgreen::mrgreen:
I'll avoid them both and get my tags hopefully cut in the not so popular spots?

Mik
09-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Personally I do not think it's going to be a gong show. People will Still go out and the doe will become a "bonus". Usually it's the local old timers, in any given area that are leisurely hunters that will PoP one.

Mr. Dean
09-10-2010, 03:35 PM
I would think that any land that is cultivated, will be lined up pretty good. At least it should be.... Any one have inputs from land owners on this free-for-all, WT season?

Are we getting support?

09-10-2010, 03:42 PM
If your talking any W/T they don't open till Oct. 10th.

Long weekend taboot, GONG GONG GONG.
Mid week only for this guy.

CT

dana
09-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Pretty much the entire province has the same GOS season for whiteys with the same dates. So, I doubt it'll be a gong show. This is a big province and most people will hunt them in their own backyards to make it very economical meat for the freezer.

Mr. Dean
09-10-2010, 06:17 PM
dana, I expect that the LM will empty out for this one. And we gotta go somewhere as we ain't got no season on 'em locally.

jackson13
09-10-2010, 06:21 PM
There are no whitetails in region 8 - sorry.

Steeleco
09-10-2010, 06:33 PM
There are no whitetails in region 8 - sorry.

This may be true come Nov 1. At least if I have a say :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Gunner
09-10-2010, 07:11 PM
This may be true come Nov 1. At least if I have a say :mrgreen::mrgreen:Don't worry there's plenty for everybody!Lots of whities will be on private agricultural land,they don't see a hunter most years,and it'll be the same this year unless you know someone that will let you hunt(like I do!:mrgreen:)

aggiehunter
09-10-2010, 09:41 PM
doug0635....you don't die from a flossing....

doug0673
09-11-2010, 09:11 AM
doug0635....you don't die from a flossing....

Good to know, I was kind of thinking that if the entire LM is going to be in the area I may try my luck in another area for Bucks where I can be further away from the crowds. I just think it is a waste to let my tag go un knotched. :-D

You are right I didn't die from a little floss, but a few sockeye did!

sparkymacker
09-11-2010, 09:29 AM
The October long weekend and week is extremely busy here with guys from the LML anyways. I don't think too many are going to make a special trip just for a doe tag; but some probably will. I don't go out locally that weekend anymore anyways, so I don't really care how many guys are pounding the bush.

sapper
09-11-2010, 01:07 PM
'tis true us guys from the LML, and especially those of us that have strict M-F hours, become weekend warriors and have to take advantage of those long weekends. I'm not trying for any sympathy as I hear from all of my non-teaching friends how fortunate I am to have the summers off. It's just unfortunate deer season doesn't open a month earlier. Very envious of those who make posts about coming home from work and heading out for an afternoon hunt.
We'll be in region 8. We'll leave it at that.