PDA

View Full Version : Attention Prince George hunters

kgriz
09-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Attention hunters from PG that have noticed the new logging on either side of the highway past the Chilako River at Potatoe Flats Staight-A-Way.....I'm posting it No Hunting or Trespassing for the Owner this afternoon.
It's an Agriculture Lease that has now been converted to Private Property. Sorry if anybody was going there tonight but I just got into town and this is as soon as I could get out. Anyways there is lots of crown land nearby..good luck to all.

rafike
09-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Does that mean you will be hunting there.

Mik
09-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Does that mean you will be hunting there.

Well , DUHHHH! I guess so.... LoL;) private Land and he's posting... YeeeHawwwww

sako_300
09-10-2010, 04:18 PM
put 2 and 2 together pretty quickly on that one...

shawnwells
09-10-2010, 05:34 PM
and somewhere....in the distant quiet....some prince george hunters heart breaks...and he sobs into his beer....and thinks about the big one he saw there last year that got away...and b.c...takes another little step towards being germany...

killman
09-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Lots of crown land all around it where the animals all went. I found out who owns it today. Might just take a call :mrgreen:.

yamadirt 426
09-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Attention hunters from PG that have noticed the new logging on either side of the highway past the Chilako River at Potatoe Flats Staight-A-Way.....I'm posting it No Hunting or Trespassing for the Owner this afternoon.
It's an Agriculture Lease that has now been converted to Private Property. Sorry if anybody was going there tonight but I just got into town and this is as soon as I could get out. Anyways there is lots of crown land nearby..good luck to all.

There is so much wrong with this last statement. Not the good luck part. Heres not wishing good luck to him :evil:

700bdl
09-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Whats the big deal? The property is now private land, so doesn't the owner have the right to post no hunting signs?

killman
09-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Whats the big deal? The property is now private land, so doesn't the owner have the right to post no hunting signs?

Sure why not? What's your point?:mrgreen:

Tenacious Billy
09-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Sure why not? What's your point?:mrgreen:

I think his point is that guys really shouldn't bitch....it's private property, so he can do as he pleases - that's all.

moosinaround
09-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Will I have to access it from the Gregg creek now, or is the Kellogg rd public? The Kellogg rd accesses the Wood Lot about 6 km's in, is this now private as well?

ufishifish2
09-10-2010, 06:57 PM
We need answering machines for this site. I could just see it now:

"I'm sorry. Kgriz is not around right now to answer your questions. He is too busy out hunting the Potatoe Flats area. If you have any questions for him, leave a message and he will call you back after he kills something!"

Mooseter
09-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Woodlots are never private. They are considered crown land for all purposes including hunting access and cutting firewood.

Some woodlot owners try and restrictbut do'nt believe it.

Brett
09-10-2010, 08:06 PM
I will be posting no hunting signs tomorrow on everything west of PG. well except for the flats, Good luck everybody! :)

Bill Dance
09-10-2010, 08:16 PM
IS TOO LATE? I'm posting no hunting signs on everything up north of P.G. WHEW! I thought wasn't going to have anywhere to hunt.:wink:

steel_ram
09-10-2010, 08:47 PM
If it's not posted as per spec's in the regs, it's a free for all.

TimberPig
09-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Woodlots are never private. They are considered crown land for all purposes including hunting access and cutting firewood.

Some woodlot owners try and restrictbut do'nt believe it.

That's not entirely true.

Most woodlots have a component of private land in them, but the majority is crown land. Woodlots can be 100% Crown under current rules, but most were issued prior to the law changing a few years ago, which previously required a private land commitment to qualify for the license.

The woodlot licensee has exclusive rights to all the timber on their woodlot, which means that without permission, it is illegal to cut firewood there as well.

They also paid for building the road, so they can and do in many cases restrict access by blocking or cross ditching their road to limit traffic and damage to their road system. It doesn't mean you can't access it, but you may need to quad or hike rather than driving your pickup in.

Brett
09-10-2010, 09:06 PM
bill , technically your stand is west of town. Thus in my area! ;)

moosinaround
09-10-2010, 09:07 PM
I actually hunt this exact area he is talking about. Have hunted it for dam near 20 years! I really like the area, it has a very mixed ecosystem, with lots of nice areas to stroll through. The back portion of it is crown land, I am unsure of the front portion closest to the highway, and whether the Kellogg rd is private or not?? I will continue to hunt the area from the south if the rd is private, it just means more hiking and quading thats all!! Moosin

The Dawg
09-11-2010, 12:28 AM
I'm on my exclusive acreage in kamloops right now...going to look for a mulie in the morning...no hunting signs everywhere....except for me :)

3kills
09-11-2010, 06:39 AM
if it is posted no hunting does that not mean no hunting to everyone? i though that if u have it posted and want to hunt it still u have to have it posted no hunting without permission? thats they way i have always understood it

digger dogger
09-11-2010, 07:04 AM
if it is posted no hunting does that not mean no hunting to everyone? i though that if u have it posted and want to hunt it still u have to have it posted no hunting without permission? thats they way i have always understood it

Thats the way I understand it too.

I will be hunting in FT ST John, on a 1 section alfalfa/pea field that holds huge amounts of big deer and moose. Sorry it's private, but good luck anyways! Give me a break!!!!:twisted:

barry1974w
09-11-2010, 10:58 AM
I think he said ag lease, not woodlot. I had to kick two trespassers off my hay fields yesterday. All the signs have been torn down, and the lock broken off the gate. Our phone number is on all the signs, but nobody ever calls to ask for permission. Wierd....

chinook
09-11-2010, 05:52 PM

As far as Ive know it, this is correct. "No Shooting" would work too.

I don't see why people are biting his head off. Its private land so the land owner can do as he pleases. sounds like the guy was just trying to help out by letting people know to not bother wasting time or gas going there.

BCrams
09-11-2010, 05:57 PM

You can have No Hunting / No Tresspassing signs up and it affects everyone except for the landowner and anyone whom he gives permission to hunt and tresspass.

grizzlydown
09-11-2010, 08:48 PM
You can have No Hunting / No Tresspassing signs up and it affects everyone except for the landowner and anyone whom he gives permission to hunt and tresspass.
Totally agree to that statement. I thought it was good of him to give us the heads up that it has been converted to private land. I seen a hog of a buck there 3 years ago and a grizzly in the hay field 2 yrs ago.

shawnwells
09-11-2010, 08:58 PM
totally...and its his shit...and you gotta give a guy a hand for working hard enough to earn it...cheers to his hunting season on his private shit...i was teasing earlier in the thread...the germany reference was because i had some dealings with a well to do gentleman from germany that had a trophey room where i didnt even know what half the animals were...and i started talking to him ...and he explained that he payed 60 000 a year to hunt....exclusively on his own private land lease....on a 15 year contract...and it blew my frickin mind...and he said thats why all them guys come over here....because its cheap for them to come here guided to the tits and paying good tips...they think its funny...if i remember right he told me almost all germany is private land...and being up here in fort st john ...you could kind of see in a bunch of years how that could happen...appreciate it while you got it boys...i hope my baby boy will get to do the same...the gestapos comin'

moosinaround
09-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Tell you what, I will be hunting the fringes of this area, as I have for years, cause I know it is crown around it. I know of the big buck the poster before me is talking about, and I am dreaming of it as well. See yah all out there, remember it is 4 point or better for mulies in 7-12 till some time in Oct. moosin

shawnwells
09-11-2010, 09:30 PM
pretty sure moosinaround is not f-inaround...good for you moosin....

kgriz
09-12-2010, 09:50 AM
the only reason i posted is because its right next to the highway and I was sure that somebody would have seen something all year and that it has always been crown land and has now been coverted to Owned Private Land
through the process of converting crown forest land to private owned agricultural land through the Ag Lease program. I posted it as per the regs at "all reasonable points of access". I've been off the site for a while and had decided to be more positive these days.....thought I might save somebody the frustration of banking on this spot on openning day and being disappointed when they got there especially if they had kids for an easy spot. Whatever, I was just posting it for the owner who in general does not allow strangers on his property and doesn't want to be bothered with the whole process. Now you know...the rest is up for the usual debate amongst you...I have no stake in this debate

pete_k
09-12-2010, 10:30 AM
You should post more pics and specs of that yogi on the back of your quad in your avitar.

Just pickin' up hitch hiking Griz's in the bush hey?

kgriz
09-12-2010, 03:30 PM
The bear was shot east of PG a couple of springs ago...squared an honest 7 ft. I didn't post much of a story as he was shot on an old road while we were driving towards our usual slide and I didn't need the usual road hunter brain-fart comments.....I've found over many years that old roads are basically huge continuous slides in the spring and I see more out of my truck than walking and I walk in the bush for a living.

kgriz
09-12-2010, 03:33 PM
As for the property west of town ....it is most certainly now private....does not have Kellog Crk road through it ( thats an adjacent Ag lease/private to the west)....is posted legally and I have no say if you choose to trespass onto it...its not mine...just consider that I made it very clear on a public forum its change of tenure.

pete_k
09-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Very nice. He a rug yet?

mxracer328
09-13-2010, 02:11 PM
Tell you what, I will be hunting the fringes of this area, as I have for years, cause I know it is crown around it. I know of the big buck the poster before me is talking about, and I am dreaming of it as well. See yah all out there, remember it is 4 point or better for mulies in 7-12 till some time in Oct. moosin

i think i know of that buck your thinking about. ive seen him up around chilako meats. tell ya what if i see him ill pass it up for you, im not much of a deer eater anyways.

ALPINE
09-13-2010, 07:17 PM
Thanks but not my part of the country. Nice Grizz on your bike!

moosinaround
09-13-2010, 09:09 PM
i think i know of that buck your thinking about. ive seen him up around chilako meats. tell ya what if i see him ill pass it up for you, im not much of a deer eater anyways.
Why that is very civil of you!! I actually seen that ole boy on the corner there too. There is a deer down the kellogg rd that is rather large, and is very cagy! I will hope to get a glimpse of him this year, maybe even in my cross hairs!! Moosin