PDA

View Full Version : And so the season begins..........................Sept 10, 2010

newhunterette
09-09-2010, 09:39 PM
It will be official tomorrow afternoon, I become a hunting widow. Peter is leaving for a short #1 hunting trip for this weekend. Has a big hike to attend to, part of his training for 2 weeks time when he leaves me for 2 weeks of prime sheep territory.

sigh - something wrong with this picture, nowhere do I see me going hunting, I must have done something very naughty to not be invited grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

on the agenda for september - elk, deer, sheep (big one)

yes I have been prepping his food for both trips, yes his gear has been prepared and ready to go, now if I could fit myself into the pack all would be perfect.

HAHAHAHAHA

happy trails

newhunterette
09-11-2010, 10:49 PM
day #1 report - text message - nothing - no game

Springer
09-12-2010, 06:55 AM
Allison I look forward to the pictures you do so well at and that big ear to ear Grin on Peter's face with his critters from his hunts.
Its probably a good thing he is getting so much hiking in to lean him down from his daily Gourmet meals he gets spoiled with..

Now what would top it is seeing you shooting a Bigger Buck than him !

Cheers.:mrgreen:

newhunterette
09-12-2010, 02:42 PM
LOL Springer - that's probably why he neglected to take me along with him, he is afraid I will out do him.

hahahahaaha and he got punished for not taking me along - Home very early today with nothing to show for his efforts except wet gear, lack of sleep and frustration (guess the HEX I put on him worked - lol :twisted:)

saw several does and a couple 2 points but nothing to shoot at, not even a bear

next time he will think twice about leaving me at home - HAHAHAHAHAHA

on the upside, he did discover some great new areas, alpine spots and some awesome quad trails

next step - Sept 21, off on his sheep trip

sawmill
09-12-2010, 06:23 PM
I think my wife is a jinx,everytime she goes out with me we get skunked on bucks.We covered a hell of a lot of country this weekend and saw only does and cow elk.And a rabbit that tasted pretty good.:mrgreen:

Leaseman
09-13-2010, 08:20 AM
He "discovered" them eh.......:mrgreen:

Me thinks he gets lost too easily.......:mrgreen::wink:

Maybe I should take you up and show you Alison...... after spending an hour drawing 4 maps....... he only sees half a dozen animals.....:confused:

I will have to go again and see if he has scared them all away.....:wink: