PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fishing Town - Round Two

IronNoggin
09-07-2010, 06:19 PM
So, Port Alberni did manage to come out on top of the Leader Board in this contest, for Round One. :-D

Now, we are into the Finals. Again even at this early stage, it has become apparent we are looking at a two-horse race between Dauphin Manitoba and Port. And again Dauphin is pulling out all the stops to try and wrestle this title away from BC. In fact, they have a slight lead at this point (Hope they ain't cheating... again :confused: )

A Great Many LOUD Thanks to those who helped us carry the day in Round One! your support is extremely Appreciated! :wink:
Now, we are asking you to Please step up to the task again, and help bring this victory home to where it belongs - British Columbia!! :mrgreen:

Please vote and vote often - you can do so every 12 hours on this site: http://www.wfn.tv/ultimate-fishing-town/vote

If we are Lucky enough to carry the day through your efforts, the funding will be utilized to support a handful of Mom and Pop Enhancement Programs through-out the Valley, and NOT sucked up by any form of government. They, and our local resources could really use the input Folks! I do very much hope you can help!! :wink:

Cheers,
Nog

Bow Walker
09-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Just voted and will vote again in 12 (or so) hours...

spreerider
09-08-2010, 12:50 PM
i have been voting every 12 hours, and posting on facebook and all over the web getting us lots of votes

Camp Cook
09-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Port Alberni is in #1 spot and is ahead by over 1000 votes right now...

Tikka270wsm
09-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Will vote twice a day till she's confirmed. Port Alberni has it all!

IronNoggin
09-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Last reminder for a spell Folks.
I am off to Ukee for the last kick at the cat for the season.
Wish my Crew Luck in the Derby Fish Off! :mrgreen:

In the meantime, please keep those votes rolling in! Methinks we are poised to show the country that when it comes to Fishing, BC RULES!! :twisted:

Catch ya'll on the flipside...
Nog

IronNoggin
09-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Bump! :mrgreen:

Sako Hunter
09-13-2010, 07:27 PM
I'd have to say that Campbell River has Alberni beat hands down... CR is the salmon capital of the world... Funny how Alberni can claim this when CR already had the title.

IronNoggin
09-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Some rather interesting developments while I was away playing with a few more fish!

In Manitoba, the provincial government has stepped up to the plate, and offered to match the funds being offered by the WFN in the case that the Manitoba entry (Dauphin) wins. Story here: http://www.brandonsun.com/breaking-news/Government-will-match-fishing-vote-prize-for-Dauphin-102654979.html?thx=y

Ominous silence from the Provincial Government here in BC (no real surprise I guess), kinda makes one wonder if they are working on a strategy to relieve Port Alberni of the funds in the case that we actually do carry the day! :confused:

And in OnTerrible, it now appears that the entire Province has gotten behind their dark horse entry of Nestor Falls! Related story here: http://www.kenoradailyminerandnews.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2751835

Despite all of the attention being directed by the opposition, Port Alberni is managing to barely maintain the lead. At this point we need all the votes we can muster Folks, and your input can help with this matter! Please help us carry the day, and bring the title of Ultimate Fishing Town home to BC where is so much belongs! Your consideration and support in this matter is HUGELY Appreciated! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Nog

IronNoggin
09-15-2010, 12:25 PM
So... the voting site crashed (at least out here in the West it did) for many hours yesterday. :evil:

Although the site is up and running now, we lost over 2000 plus votes last night due to the crash and the time difference for routines. The papers should report THAT! Have to make it up big time now folks. We need lots of legitimate votes going in every 12 hrs. Nestor Falls would have been just completing theirs before the crash and Port was just firing up! This am we were only 20 apart. We are back on top with only 800 now. Gotta widen that gap big time. Nestor only is a resort community of 700 but are using their clients list (with permission)to submit. I figure they have at least 2000 on their list so get voting and spread the link around to vote for Port Alberni all across your contacts.

We GOTTA bring this one home to BC Folks! Your help is certainly appreciated!! :mrgreen:

http://www.wfn.tv/ultimate-fishing-town/vote

Cheers & Thanks!
Nog

spreerider
09-15-2010, 04:50 PM
the site is down again :( but i already got my vote in for this 12 hours.

358win
09-15-2010, 07:43 PM
Site is still down. Manitoba is conspiring with the internet. That's low.

doubled
09-15-2010, 08:02 PM
I can't get in either.

IronNoggin
09-15-2010, 08:28 PM
News out of Nestor Falls: http://fftimes.com/node/236691

I am uncertain if what they are doing and promoting is even "legal" within the terms of this particular contest :confused:
One thing for sure is but it certainly isn't anything even resembling "Fair Play" :cry:

Nor are these repeated occasions of the voting site failure. Given the timing of these, it is almost guaranteed to favor OnTerrible's cause. Today's downtime coincides with the same timing as yesterday, and a couple other incidences of the same in the first round of voting. They almost appear to be designed to ensure Eastern votes are in for the day whereas most folks out west are just getting home and considering entering their input for the day. In all the occasions this site has failed in the past, the East, as a consequence, surges forward in voting numbers to catch, and indeed even surpass those entered for Port. Their line (WFN) is that since the site is down everywhere, that voting is not effected in favor of any particular region. But the TIMING of these collapses and the subsequent results thereof suggest something entirely different. Hate to think that the Ontario based WFN would be intentionally involved in any such shenanigans, but would certainly like to see that spelled out in black & white at this point!

In each case the East has caught up to or overtaken us, we have managed to surge forward again in the course of the day. This is completely due to the support of those who vote for Port out here and elsewhere. Given the tactics taken by Nestor Falls, we need ALL of your support once again, and for the duration of the contest are we to realize a Victory for BC! THANKS for carrying the ball for us People! VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! :mrgreen:

Please continue to offer your support for Port & BC! I don't know when their site will be back up, but once it is, I encourage each of you to cast a vote for the Best Fishing Province BAR NONE! Let's bring it home now Folks! :twisted:

Cheers,
Nog

IronNoggin
09-16-2010, 09:46 AM
So... After struggling through yet another of these suspicious periods of the vote site being down - much of last night and this morning - their site if finally back up (although a little slow yet). Biggest surprise of the week is that OnTerrible didn't surpass BC by a significant margin through this "down" period! :confused:

Still very much anyone's race folks! methinks you know just what to do about it!! :twisted:

Cheers,
Nog

doubled
09-16-2010, 12:37 PM
Finally got in and voted.

IronNoggin
09-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Times Colonist Article from Today:

Is Port Alberni Canada's ultimate fishing town?
By DC Reid, timescolonist.com September 16, 2010 5:02 PM

Want to help make Vancouver Island home to the Ultimate Fishing Town in Canada? Port Alberni has made the cut to the final five and you can make the Island town the best in the country.

The World Fishing Network sponsors the contest at: wfn.tv/ultimate-fishing-town. The nomination period closed Aug. 16, with the top 10 already chosen. The voting period runs until 2 p.m. Sept. 28. Follow the link to the voting page and you will see that Port Alberni is currently in top place with 42,409 votes, slightly ahead of Nestor Falls, Ont., at 41,512, but well ahead of the rest of the pack.

Here is what you do: click the VOTE button near the top and it will take you to the voting page. Simply click the: ‘Click to vote’ button and your vote is tallied. Then you can send them 500 words on why Port Alberni should be the winner.

Local fishermen know Port Alberni should win. It has year-round fishing unlike any other entry anywhere outside of paradise. The annual Labour Day Derby gave away more than $48,000 in cash and prizes last week. John Robertson won $10,000 with a 40.3-pound Chinook. But there’s much more to fishing than this: the sockeye fishing has been great this year with more than 600,000 coming back to the Inlet; coho fishing is switching into high gear; and the Stamp boasts the most consistent summer and winter steelhead hatchery/wild run on Vancouver Island, second only to the Vedder in provincial numbers. There are also big lakes for big trout: Great Central and Sproat, with access to the Sarita and Nitinat rivers are an hour away.

And you don’t have to limit yourself to just one expression of support. Contest rules say you can come back again and again. Every 12 hours, in fact, to push Port Alberni over the top. The winning city earns bragging rights for the rest of their lives, $25,000 in aid of fishing development, a 30-minute feature video on WFN and a trophy for WFN’s Ultimate Fishing Town, 2010.

Local angler Matt Stabler — his saltwater sockeye rig is a thing of beauty and his strike reflex gives new meaning to the word instantaneous — had much to say in his July 6 vote: Fishing opportunities every single day of the year! Including both winter and summer run steelhead. Protected Inlet fishing for sockeye, chinook and coho salmon. Access to the open Pacific for halibut, other salmon, ling cod, rock fish etc. etc. And of course over 100 Lakes in close proximity all teeming with various hungry trout! In short — Fishing Paradise!

Other provinces are getting behind their little, ho-hum fishing holes. In Manitoba, the government has stepped up and offered to double the WFN $25,000, if their town… the name slips my tongue, should unaccountably slip by Port Alberni.

© Copyright (c) The Victoria Times Colonist

http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/Port+Alberni+Canada+ultimate+fishing+town/3536444/story.html
.................................................. ............

So... Is Port the Best? I can think of several other Communities in BC that could rival here. But should the question be: Is BC the Ultimate Fishing Province, I have NO hesitation is crying YES! And for the purposes of this Contest, Port Alberni is BC's shot at the Title.

Get behind us Folks! Every vote counts!! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Nog

IronNoggin
09-17-2010, 09:50 AM
OnTerrible certainly has some dedicated voters! They cut down our lead substantially yet again! :(
Of course it very much helps when you are voting with 2000+ absentee email address! :confused:

C'mon Folks! let's show them how to win this thing... Honestly that is! :twisted:

Cheers,
Nog

IronNoggin
09-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Dammit! They are catching up to us! :cry:

HELP!!! :)

Cheers,
nog

Salty
09-18-2010, 07:35 PM
I say again this "contest" is messed. Multiple votes, email addy or not..vote every 12 hours. :? Anyways good luck I guess but i'm not sure who would give much of a hoot about the "winner".

IronNoggin
09-19-2010, 08:56 AM
Double Dammit! They are now BEATING us! :icon_frow

A little help here if you wouldn't mind... :mrgreen:

Nog

IronNoggin
09-20-2010, 10:42 AM
OK, back on top... for now...
Barely! No "Comfort Zone" and they are right hot on our heels! :confused:

Some news over the past few days. In Manitoba there is a media blitz asking the entire Province not only to vote, but to actually send lists of Emails in to "volunteers" so that they can use those addresses to pump up the votes: http://www.brandonsun.com/breaking-news/Dauphin-angles-to-win-Ultimate-Fishing-Town-contest-103159344.html
Almost funny that when this loop-hole was discovered, most suggested it wasn't really in terms of Fair Play. Yet, now that WFN has had no reaction, it is Full Speed Ahead with newspapers and even governments encouraging it's use. :icon_frow

And of course Nester Falls is up to the exact same shenanigans: http://www.kenoradailyminerandnews.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2758558&auth=By%20Jon%20Thompson

Here in BC, our provincial government's answer was to slide the matter to the Ministry of Tourism Culture and Arts. They released a wishy-washy memo that could actually split the BC vote between Port and Chilliwack (which doesn't have any hope at this point, but is after all Barry Penner's home town). They certainly could have made a much stronger statement of support, and they should have countered Manitoba's response with a matching winning funds offer. Ah but we never did expect Gordo's team to get on the same page with anything they won't realize direct profit/benefit to themselves for... :icon_frow

So, as has been the case from that start, the Country Bumpkins that we are continue to go at it basically without government help (no surprise) and we still plug our votes in with an Honest fashion. Always thought that any game should go to the side that plays fair, and of course I would like to think so in this occasion as well...

But with their nefarious tactics, media and government support, our opposition makes great gains on us daily. Yes, we are on top, barely, for now. About a week left to go, and still VERY much anyone's race!

I understand that a great many have become jaded with this process, and I can understand why. I myself have actually cut into Fishing & Hunting Time far too often to help where I can. But there is only a week left. A week in which to get behind BC, and hopefully let the Country know that even when facing such odds, such sneaky methods to take us down, that BC very much is the Ultimate Province when it comes down to Fishing!! I still believe we have a chance here Folks!

On behalf of those who have worked and continue to work so diligently for this title, I offer our heartfelt Thanks! :mrgreen:
And of course, we beseech you to continue with that support, vote once every 12 hours as you can, pass the message along to your Friends, Family and Contacts, and help us bring the Fishing Title home to where it so obviously belongs! British Columbia!! :twisted:

Cheers & Thanks!
Matt

IronNoggin
09-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Sheesh! Looks like their underhanded tactics may actually pay off. They are again well ahead of us. Appears they now have a good handful of folks who stay up all night to punch those thousands of absentee votes in as they manage to catch us pretty well every night now. :icon_frow

Still got a fighting chance for Honesty and Real Fishing to persevere, but it's gonna take a LOT of help at this juncture.

Unfortunately in my case work (fishing for a living that is) has once again reared it's head. I am off to the Briney today, so won't be able to bump this up for the balance of the Contest. About 6 days and change left to go now, but I will be away for all of that and perhaps a tad more. :(

I hope someone here will step up to the plate and remind the Folks here and elsewhere to vote. To vote every 12 hours, and to get as many others online with that as you can Please! :p

I'll be mightily embarrassed should I get back from Fishing only to discover that some little back-water in OnTerrible has stolen the Title from the Best Fishing Province there is! If that happens I guess I might find some consolation in the fact that at least we gave them a good run, and did so by Playing Fair. Ummm... Nope, simply can't stand the thought of being whupped by them or their tactics... :evil:

Please folks, stay on top of this one, and bring the Fishing title home to BC! :mrgreen:

Catch ya'll on the flipside...

Cheers & Thanks,
Nog

IronNoggin
09-21-2010, 01:08 PM
Final bump from me Folks,

Currently our competition passes us right by well before 9:00 am each morning. Should that occur on the Final Day, we are Goners :(
So, I leave this in your capable hands now Folks. :mrgreen:
I've run with the ball a long ways, but now have to pass it along. Hope we pull it off!! :twisted:

Go BC GO!! http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/3.gif

Cheers,
Nog - Gone Fishin' :wink:

IronNoggin
09-21-2010, 03:23 PM
Checking in from Ukee...

Now the Nestor falls folks are posting on BC Forums! :confused:

Check it out: http://www.vibrantvictoria.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=4851

A Whole Lotta Nerve!

Cheers,
Nog

Moosehunter64
09-21-2010, 10:34 PM
Don`t forget you can vote once every 12 hours so anyone who voted this morning can vote again tonight.Come on guys those Ontario guys kick us out of first place every morning so we need the votes to keep us in first place.

Moosehunter64
09-22-2010, 08:36 AM
Time to get those votes in for Port Alberni again,Remember to vote every 12 hours.They are ahead of us again this morning.

MB_Boy
09-22-2010, 08:37 AM
Please vote when you can!!! :wink:

Moosehunter64
09-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Need more votes to win this thing.Please help. Show those easterners we are the Ultimate fishing province.

Wild Images
09-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Tried to vote this morning, had voted around 4pm yesterday, went to work at 5pm got home at 6am and tried to vote before going to bed.
The site said that I had voted within 12 hrs and denied my vote and
said that I could not vote for anouther 12 hrs. WTF I was gone from here over 13 hrs :icon_frow

IronNoggin
09-22-2010, 12:27 PM
They are having a few issues with the voting site. Just spoke with one of their representatives, they are scrambling and should have it back up to snuff shortly now. The problems encountered are simply due to the extreme volume of traffic the site is receiving, nothing nefarious they say. Between 400 and 500 thousand votes have been registered, and their servers are close to smoking from the sheer number of hits!

Related Interviews are scheduled to be broadcast today: 5:00pm on CHEK, 6:00pm on CBC.

Appears the WFN site is SWAMPED! Slow, but you can still get in if you have just a little patience...

I gotta run now, the weather has smartened up. And as much as I want to be in on the Final Run, I do after all have to make a living. Figures that would be Fishing!! :twisted:

Keep the votes coming Folks! let all your contacts know, we really do have a chance here! :wink:

Best of Luck!! I VERY much Hope we do Get 'Er Done!! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Nog

IronNoggin
09-22-2010, 02:44 PM
News Flash: It appears either the voting site was hacked in order to favor Nestor Falls, or the WFN itself rigged the voting. My thought is the former. They have shut the site down for a day while they try to get it worked out.

IMHO should they discover the site was hacked by someone in Ontario, their submission should be given the boot as a consequence! http://forum.flybc.ca/style_emoticons/default/thumbdown.gif

Don't abandon ship here Folks! Please remember to vote and vote as often as you can when the site is back up. With any Luck at all, the Honest approach will still carry the day! http://forum.flybc.ca/style_emoticons/default/hangloose.gif

PO'd beyond belief! :evil:
Matt

spreerider
09-24-2010, 12:54 PM
the site is back up start your voting again :)

IronNoggin
09-24-2010, 02:08 PM
aYup, the site is indeed back up!

And while they took away a few "suspicious" votes (:confused:) from the competition, they are rapidly making that back up! :???:

Whether you voted or not previously, NOW is THE time Folks!
We CAN bring this one home for BC, but obviously need a little support to do so! :wink:

Bring it on! We are in the End Game mode now! 6 days to go...
Time to show them all that when it comes to Fishing, The West is Best!! :mrgreen:

http://www.wfn.tv/ultimate-fishing-town/vote/

Cheers,
Nog

Moosehunter64
09-25-2010, 12:25 AM
Lets get those votes in.Lets get this thing in the bag and show those easterners how its done.

MB_Boy
09-25-2010, 08:39 AM
Bump!! :wink: :mrgreen:

Moosehunter64
09-25-2010, 10:05 AM
We need your votes.Keep them coming every 12 hours.Thanks in advance.

IronNoggin
09-25-2010, 11:55 AM
Five days and counting!
Those easterners really have a large support base! they continue to threaten BC's position each morning!! :confused:

Spread the word Folks! We really need the help to bring this one home!! :wink:

Cheers & Thanks!! :mrgreen:
Nog

IronNoggin
09-26-2010, 11:35 AM
They managed to top us by better than 1500 votes this morning! :confused:
Damn those easterners are tenacious!

We have gained back some of the lost ground, but it continues to be an Extremely close race! headed for the proverbial Photo-Finish methinks!

Does BC have what it takes to carry this one home?
It seems a lot of Folks think so, myself obviously included.
But, it will take a serious amount of effort to do so! Every time we get back on top, the opposition gets incensed, and rapidly catches up to us!

Vote and vote as often as you can now BC People! And if you know of some that aren't currently voting, now would be a good time for a gentle reminder! :wink:

Have to pull the boot-straps up a tad, but are still very much in the running!!

GO BC GO!!! :mrgreen:

Cheers & THANKS!
Nog

fuzzybiscuit
09-27-2010, 07:54 AM
They are ahead of us once again, even if by only a few votes.

As stated before, this would be a win for all of BC, not just Port Alberni.

Remember, you can vote every 12 hours.

#1fishslayer
09-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Just voted for Port where? lol.

IronNoggin
09-27-2010, 10:50 AM
The cycle that has developed was repeated once again over night.
Over the course of the day we manage to collect about a 3 to 3.5 thousand vote lead on them.
Then they respond as their proxy list voters arise, and they cut the lead down to nothing, then pass us by in the early morning hours. :confused:
This has now happened several days in a row, and very much appears to be the pattern now.

It is more than a little dangerous for us out West to assume this pattern will hold!
I have a strong suspicion they are lulling us into believing that is all they are capable of, and that this is very much amongst their intentional tactics to take us down. If they have a "reserve bank" of Emails and/or voters in the wings, they could easily out-run us when they call that into play on the Final Day (or two). Perhaps that's the conspiracy seeker in me, but I can't help but think that given the way they have played this game so far, that they don't have a plan for defeating us at the last moment. Actually have to hand it to their organizers, thus far they have worked the system hard and with focus, managing to stay right on us at every juncture...

So now if we are to carry this, there are a couple of strategies we should consider:

- Of course maintain our voting pressure. Try to convince as many others to join us as is possible, we could REALLY use some additional support here. Should for whatever reason you or your Buddies not be able to get your own votes in personally, shoot me a PM or E. I will provide the contact information for one of our organizers that will ensure your vote gets counted. This would have to be done ASAP as I am departing for the Coast in a matter of hours...

- Ensure your votes are in before 2:00pm today, and 2:00am tonight, and the same for the next couple of days. We will need all that we can pour into it Before the 2:00pm Deadline on Thursday September 30th. On that Final Day, make damn sure your vote is in on time! :twisted:

Watch closely now Folks! We are down to the wire, and this is an extremely tight run! Our competition has proven themselves as very worthy adversaries! They are poised to pull out all the stops, and take the Title off to Ontario. Our mission of course is to try and prevent that, and ensure that the Title instead goes to the Best Fishing Province in Canada - British Columbia!! This will take all we can muster at this point.

The weather has once again broken offshore, and of course I must answer the call. I am off again this afternoon, and will be so until after the Contest closes. I have misgivings wandering away at this point, but must ensure my family is housed and fed. It is after all, what I do - Fishing! :wink:

The Very BEST of LUCK on this one Folks! Although concerned at this point, I very much do feel comfortable leaving this matter in your very capable hands! I am hoping, and looking forward to the distinct possibility of a Major Victory Celebration upon my return. Should that Happy Event come to be, there will be significant lead time, and Invites to the Show for all! :mrgreen:

Cheers & Thanks!
Matt

IronNoggin
09-27-2010, 03:39 PM
From another site:

The peeping Tom in me has noticed that Nestor has gone to another town in the contest for support when the contest winds down in the final hours. Seelys bay isnt buying it tho as they are not done yet. Here is a quote :

Hi all in Seely's Bay. I too am from Nestor Falls and can attest that this has been the best experience for our community and region that I have ever seen. Kudos to all of you for keeping the spirit in the competition. If when the final days are wearing down and numbers compel you to do so, we hope that your town would possibly decide on keeping this title in Ontario. We would appreciate any support, and would be proud to represent this small town spirit for all of us.
2 hours agoSupport Seeley's Bay Ontario

Hi xxx. We recognize your name from the news as the leader of the Nestor Falls bid, and offer you our congratulations on what appears to have been a very well executed campaign strategy. Interesting proposal, but we aren't wearing down yet :-)

So there you have it folks! Looks like they want Seelys to bail and join Nestors cause to make this a win for Ontario. Happy to hear that Seely's isnt biting...so far

Tactics it seems. Could be a Disaster if Seely's Bay buys in! :confused:

Git 'Er Done Folks! :twisted:

We're counting on YOU to bring this one home to BC!! :wink:

Cheers,
Nog - Off to The Briney...

bsa30-06
09-27-2010, 06:10 PM
Done......again

TPB
09-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Just voted congrats on taking the #1 spot again, a week ago or so it wasnt looking so good. Best of luck on the remaining 2 days.

Moosehunter64
09-27-2010, 11:29 PM
Need more votes.Please vote

fuzzybiscuit
09-28-2010, 07:57 AM
Coming down to the last stretch. 2 days and 6 hours to go.

Don't stop voting now...every 12 hours and Port Alberni will have a good chance to take this title home for all of B.C.

fuzzybiscuit
09-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Keep up the good work guys.

Exactly 2 days to go and one way or the other it will be over.

Let's show Ontario that B.C. exists and has the best fishing in the country.

fuzzybiscuit
09-28-2010, 06:44 PM
Only 44 hours to go!

Nestor Falls - 193,616
Port Alberni 198,707

It's going to be a close one! Port Alberni could use every vote it can get at this point. Just click on the link, it will only take a minute of your time!

Please vote and vote often - you can do so every 12 hours at this link: http://www.wfn.tv/ultimate-fishing-town/vote

Help get the title of "Ultimate Fishing Town" for Port Alberni and just as importantly for all of B.C., where it belongs.

bsa30-06
09-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Done....AGAIN using both my email addresses.

Wild Images
09-28-2010, 07:24 PM
Done as often as possible, Port Alberni better be springing for a cold beer when this is done :-D

Moosehunter64
09-29-2010, 01:46 AM
Please vote and vote often, every 12 hours that is LOL.

fuzzybiscuit
09-29-2010, 06:45 AM
Only 31 hours to go.

Because of the time zones Port pulls ahead in the evening but they catch up and usually surpass by late morning.

It will be a close one!

As of 6:30 Wednesday morning:

Port Alberni - 209,885

Nester Falls - 202,410

Keep up the good work and Port can pull this off and take the title home to B.C.

Moosehunter64
09-29-2010, 10:07 AM
Please vote only one more day to vote.

fuzzybiscuit
09-29-2010, 04:59 PM
Only 21 hours to go.

As of 4:54 Wednesday afternoon:

Port Alberni - 222,476

Nestor Falls - 211,713

Keep up the good work and thanks for voting.

bsa30-06
09-29-2010, 05:08 PM
helped you out again with both my email addresses.

Moosehunter64
09-30-2010, 12:04 AM
Only 14 hours left to vote.Coming down to the wire we need to put this over the top.Please vote.

MB_Boy
09-30-2010, 08:38 AM
Just a bump on this one.........only 5 hours to go and Alberni has a fairly healthy lead, but please keep voting as those hicks in Northern Ontario may have figured out some technology to flood the site with votes coming down to the wire. :wink: :mrgreen:

Moosehunter64
09-30-2010, 10:07 AM
Just under 4 hours to go.Keep those votes coming in we may just pull this off. Need your help to put it over the top. Thanks to everyone that has been voting.

d6dan
09-30-2010, 11:58 AM
Just a little over 2 hrs left and I think were in the drivers seat..A least lets hope so..Go Pt Alberni Go....

Spirit's Master
09-30-2010, 02:00 PM
Good timing. Just got home from a little grouse hunt with the dog (one ruffie in the bag) and was able to get my final vote in for PA. No way Nestor Falls comes up with 20k votes in 30 seconds.

GO PORT GO!

cwf

d6dan
10-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Well, does anyone know if Pt Alberni had enough votes to win?..Hope so.:mrgreen:.

IronNoggin
10-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Just back in from The Briney to discover we lead by more than 18K votes at the end! Way COOL! :mrgreen:

Could not have done this without the dedicated support of many here! So on behalf of everyone here, I want to offer up our most sincere BIG TIME THANKS!!! :wink:

While we await the Final Answer from Those Who Judge, a major Victory celebration is in the planning. Methinks this will prove to be one hell of a LOT of FUN, and something many might want to consider partaking in! Of course, all from here are most Welcome! Stay Tuned, more to come on that I am certain!! :wink:

Way to go BC! Fan-effing-Tastic!! :twisted:

Cheers & my most Humble and Sincere THANKS!
Matt

newhunterette
10-05-2010, 12:12 PM
JUST RECEIVED EMAIL FROM THE ULTIMATE FISHING TOWN COMPETITION

PORT ALBERNI IS IT - THE WINNERS

$25,000 DONATION FOR THE COMMUNUTY
http://www.wfn.tv/ultimate-fishing-town/