PDA

View Full Version : First Big Game Hunt

shadow1982
09-07-2010, 08:35 AM
Well went up to 3-32 for hunting mule deer... came across so many does but NO 4 POINT BUCKS

but i however did come across a bear he was about 60 yards from me and he does not know i am there... so i look around for atleast 15 min and there are no cubs around, since i am very scared of bears simply cause they can kill you, i figured i should get a bit more closer so i can overcome my fear of bears... next thing you know i am about 40 yards from him, I shoulder my rifle, aim my rifle at his front shoulders , breath in...... it felt like everything has stopped moving and are waiting for me to squeeze the trigger... and then i squeeze the trigger... CLICK... I am still looking out of my scope aimed at the front shoulder, thinking where is the loud bang and how come the bear did not fall... at this point bear is looking at me, I quickly pulled the bolt back and there is NO BULLET IN THE CHAMBER, I FORGOT TO LOAD THE CHAMBER... i quickly load my gun... We are both looking at eachother, and i had a big smile on my face could not believe what had just happened.., point my gun about 10 feet from the bear towards the ground and BANG... and then he ran away... I let him go because i think it was not his time to go... i stood there for a min or two... and then walked back to my buddies truck... he goes what happened... i told him i missed... lol

I am just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else... or am i the first...

knighthunter
09-07-2010, 08:47 AM
And then you woke up.LOL.

shadow1982
09-07-2010, 09:33 AM
And then you woke up.LOL.

lol i wish it was a dream, casue i made sure safety is off... but i did not ever think it could happen lol

Spuddge
09-07-2010, 09:45 AM
That's funny, I did the same thing last year with a moose. The moose didn't move when it heard the quad, but that dry fire sure got him going. The difference is "I did think it was his time" so I quickly chambered one and let him have it:-D.

carnivore
09-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Sounds like you had a touch of buck ( or maybe boar) fever. Good karma for you to let him go. The great bear spirit will now watch over you.

ALPINE
09-07-2010, 03:34 PM
lol that's happen to me before but in a stand of with a moose. One hell of an experience! I now know my rifle a lot better.