PDA

View Full Version : cranbrrok area meat cutters/aging

204rug.ftw
09-06-2010, 08:35 PM
not entirely sure where to put this one but we gotta figure out where a good meat cutter is in the cranbrook area. we will be staying down there for 11 ish days and if we get a couple elk we need somewhere to store and age them. any suggestions?

IslandHunterBXL
09-06-2010, 09:51 PM
2 years ago we used ricks meats. they did our elk and i think it came to around $340. usually we butcher our own but it was really hot and they would not hang our game unless they were going to cut it also. we built our own reefer unit after that. Ricks was right on the main drag in cranbrook if i recall

204rug.ftw
09-07-2010, 12:41 AM
From what i heard i think he shut down.. May be a rumor i dont know but thanks

sawmill
09-07-2010, 04:09 AM
Far as I know he`s still going,I drive by everyday,I`ll have a look on the way to work.

Poguebilt
09-07-2010, 06:23 AM
Ricks is still going... I buy all my deli meat and Jerky there weekly :-D

snowhunter
09-07-2010, 06:58 AM
http://www.profilecanada.com/companydetail.cfm?company=2125652_Ricks_Fine_Meats _Sausage_Cranbrook_BC

This should be Rick's meats address

mtnmanmike
09-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Rick is really good to deal with and nice and clean.

204rug.ftw
09-07-2010, 01:39 PM
looks like im goin with rick... hahaha thanks guys

rocksteady
09-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Unfortunately the meat locker/butcher business has gone in the crapper the last 10 years.

Rick is the only one in town. In Kimberley, there is Kimberley meats (ad in the hunting regs) and Cliff's meats. I think there is another outfit in Jaffray, not sure of the name...

With only 1 place in town, have a back up plan just in case you get turned away, cause the barn is full.... Poly tarp for a tent type riggin and some game bags...If the weather stays cool like it is, you should be bale to get by, if it warms up you could be in trouble....

204rug.ftw
09-07-2010, 11:06 PM
We're getting game bags incase we do have to come back home with the meat but i think we'll be okay on the weather shoupd be around 5 degrees in october

blondebomber
09-08-2010, 05:48 AM
Kimberley Meats is not located in Downtown Kimberley anymore, they moved.... and really not sure but I think they are working out of their home out in Meadowbrook way......you may want to call them in advance

rocksteady
09-08-2010, 07:57 AM
Out on McGinty Road... Google it...

bigben
09-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Here is the skimmy on Ricks Meats ..........I live in cranbrook and he is a friend of mine ..........he is open.......I would recommend you call him before you bring in a animal his number 426 7770 and ask if he has space............... last year he had a friend that had a trailer cooler that he hung game up for people that needed it................... he is not butcher he will not skin your game or do anything to it other than hang it for you daily .................. I do not know what the cost is..................Rick is a stand up guy and a very good clean shop awaits you but he is the only butcher in town so he could be full with all the gos seasons that are open right now GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU HUNTERS AND REMEMBER TO HAVE A SAFE ONE take care