PDA

View Full Version : I've had this idea in my head for a while.

kastles
09-06-2010, 05:41 AM
You know those vids you see of guys down south bow fishing. What about goose hunting with one of those setups? Never to lose another arrow and you could take shots at them in the air.

kastles

Bighorn hunter
09-06-2010, 08:03 AM
Have to do it out of a pop up blind so the would'nt see you draw, but might be kinda cool

I'm not a water fowler, is there any regulation that you need to use a shot gun?

Cheers
BH

Bow Walker
09-06-2010, 10:08 AM
It is legal to hunt game birds with a bow and I've not heard or read anything about shooting them on the wing.

I'd use Flu-Flu arrows so that they don't get lost when wing-shooting.

Bowzone_Mikey
09-06-2010, 11:05 AM
You know those vids you see of guys down south bow fishing. What about goose hunting with one of those setups? Never to lose another arrow and you could take shots at them in the air.

kastles
thats the whole idea behind Flu flus .... yer just being lazy so you could just reel them in .....

I think it will work slick but the problem I see is that after you shoot you gotta wait to nock another arrow untill you get the line reeled back in ....

kastles
09-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Not being an archery guy(yet) I have no idea how far an arrow will go when it is shot in the air with no backdrop. I expect pretty far. My brother-in-law said I could hunt geese on his farm(exclusive deer rights just signed away for five years) and it is a "No Gun Hunting Sundays" zone. This could fix my problem.

Bow Walker
09-06-2010, 02:53 PM
You're right - they'll go a long ways. A long ways...

That's why the flu-flu feathers, they are full feathers, uncut or trimmed down. They are great at guiding the arrow for 25 - 30 yards and then the just slow everything down. Your arrow doesn't go nearly as far when they're fletched with flu-flus.

They're still lethal out to at least 30 or 35 yards, but then the lose their momentum pretty quick.

Rectifier
09-18-2010, 02:21 PM
I've been thinking of this idea too, for ducks. That way you don't need a dog to retrieve 'em... just reel them in to the shore