PDA

View Full Version : Goose Hunting: 2 Questions

Stéphane
09-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Hi guys, I am brand new to this forum and I just recently began archery. After a summer of practice, I got my license and got my first ever bow kill last week: 2 ptarmigans and 1 grouse. I had Judo points (didn't work) and a point with 4 wire-loops which worked really well for me. I believe it worked because of the short distance between me and the bird. My closest sight was set at 50ft, and since the wired-loop was heavy, it seemed to compensate for the error.

Okay, now I would love to go goose hunting, and I am wondering what kind of point should I get?

Also, being in Abbotsford and having tons of them around, how do I find out if I'm allowed hunt in a specific area?

Thanks in advance,

SG

Bow Walker
09-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Those Snaro heads will do just fine for geese. As to where you can hunt - well you need to get yourself a copy of the regs and check them out very carefully. Also you might want to give the local C.O. office a call, just to be sure.

Crazy_Farmer
09-05-2010, 08:37 PM
If you're in Abby then you need to find a Fraser Valley Special Area Hunting License. Either membership to bcwf or proof of one million dollars liability(your house insurance) will do. And the map will show you all the areas okay to hunt.

As for the goose hunting by Arrow. I have a dvd and it has a little clip of a guy shooting three cacklers(little 2 lb geese like canadas) I think alot of guys use the same thing for geese as what you'd use on turkeys. No different just land them and draw and hopefully get one.

Good luck

Marc
09-05-2010, 08:42 PM
I had thought of trying it with my cross bow for those ones that just land out of range. I would think using one of those guillotine broad heads they use for turkey would work good or you could try sticking them in the body with a hunting broad head I guess.

Stéphane
09-06-2010, 07:18 AM
If you're in Abby then you need to find a Fraser Valley Special Area Hunting License. Either membership to bcwf or proof of one million dollars liability(your house insurance) will do. And the map will show you all the areas okay to hunt.

As for the goose hunting by Arrow. I have a dvd and it has a little clip of a guy shooting three cacklers(little 2 lb geese like canadas) I think alot of guys use the same thing for geese as what you'd use on turkeys. No different just land them and draw and hopefully get one.

Good luck
Thanks, I didn't know where to start, now I'll get the special permit and the map.

Cheers!

SG