PDA

View Full Version : Not Young, But New to BC Hunting

Stéphane
09-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Hi guys,

I'm not a brand new hunter per say as I used to go hunting some 20 years ago in Québec.(Well looks like I just dated myself here, didn't I) Then I moved to BC and gave all my firearms away.

Last June, my dad, who is a hardcore hunter, gave me his archery kit and I joined a archery club here in Abbotsford. After going there every 2nd day (on average), I began to hit the target once in while. Boy was I ever awful at first. After I began striking the target on a regular basis, I decided to try hunting again. Got my hunting #, bought a license and off I went to the Cheam range to hunt game birds. I thought I may as well do some hiking to justify the outing, you know in case I struck out. Anyhow, after a few days and a few tries, I finally got 2 ptarmigans and 1 grouse. I felt like a kid, I was so excited.

I gotta say that I liked what I read from this forum, so I decided to join the party. Please, don't be too harsh on me, I'm a newbie after all.

I also have a couple of questions, but I'll try to put them in the right section.

Cheers!

SG

thetackdriver
09-05-2010, 07:11 PM
welcome aboard!

shallowH2O
09-05-2010, 07:14 PM
welcome and happy hunting

NaStY
09-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Welcome to a whole new world. Just remember there is no such thing as a dumb question unless you need to ask twice..:mrgreen:

Bow Walker
09-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Welcome to the site Steve. Ask away and I'm sure we'll be able to point you in the right direction.

nano
09-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Welcome to the site but I think we need a joke!!

Marc
09-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Bienvenue abord!

Stéphane
09-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Merci and thank you for all the replies. Here's the joke:

New kindergarten teacher is showing pictures of animals to the class. First a cow, and the whole class answers back in unison: "It's a cow!", she does the same with a horse, chicken, sheep and receives the same enthusiastic response from the kids. Then she shows the picture of a deer, the class is dead silent. Being new, she becomes nervous and then think of something. "Okay, think of what your mom would say to your dad, when your dad is in a really good mood." Little Johnny frantically waves his hand and spurts out " I know, I know it's a horny bas7ard!"

I hope this was acceptable
SG

Jagermeister
09-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Yup, that will do. Welcome to BC and HBC.