PDA

View Full Version : I Feel Ill!!!

Thunderstix
04-29-2006, 10:29 PM
Tonight fireonethree and I were out bow hunting blackies and actually had a good chance at one but that is another story. After our stalk I put my Cat Quiver IV on my spare tire on the back of my Samurai with the intention of putting it into the Samurai after I had a whiz......well I didn't!!! I realized it 30 mins later after we spotted another blackie on our way back to Rupert. It was feeding up on a bank a short distance from Hwy 16. We stopped and when I went to get my gear it was not there. We went back to where I know it fell off and it was not there. Someone had picked it up already:shock: :cry: !! Man I sure hope whoever it was is an honest person. Inside was my camera, range finder, stag handle skinner, etc etc. I literally feel sick! I will put an ad in the paper this week. The pack was a gift from my kids on my last (40th) birthday.

Deaddog
04-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Lousy luck, hopefully you get it all back, if you get an add in the paper quickly perhaps whoever picked it up will do the right thing

Steeleco
04-29-2006, 10:35 PM
That's sucks. I've put thinks on the roof before and never seen them again but not stuff with the meaning your stuff has. Good luck with the paper, there are still some honest people out there.

Foxer
04-29-2006, 10:51 PM
Man that's just the worst. I think we've all done that once or twice, although that's some serious kit to lose.

Best of luck, and here's hoping!

elkster
04-29-2006, 11:22 PM
Its a funny thing with stuff left on your auto and driving off. It could've stayed on there for a few miles or more. Have faith buddy, and I hope it will make it back to you.

todbartell
04-29-2006, 11:39 PM
sorry to hear man, hopefully it will turn up safe :|

Walksalot
04-30-2006, 05:39 AM
Oh man. that sucks. If you had some identification in it you might get lucky. We all know the odds of getting it back are slim but if the right person picked it up then it could be your lucky day. I hope you get your stuff returned.

If I came across something like that I would turn it into the RCMP and request that if no one claims the items then they are to be returned to me and I would become the rightfull owner.

lapadat
04-30-2006, 06:51 AM
A year or two ago a guy was driving down the Fraser Canyon and his record-sized muley rack bounced out the back of his truck. He also went back but it was already gone. A few days later it showed up and he got his rack back. Hopefully you have the same luck.

lap

Bow Walker
04-30-2006, 08:17 AM
Stix.......
I feel ill just reading about your bad luck.:x Here's hoping someone does the right thing for you. Keep us posted - we are all sending you good vibes. :-D

Fred
04-30-2006, 10:49 AM
If I came across something like that I would turn it into the RCMP and request that if no one claims the items then they are to be returned to me and I would become the rightfull owner.

I dislike saying this but giving it to the RCMP could be the same thing as losing it again. There have been a lot of things gone missing from the Langley Detatchment and they are normally never seen nor heard about again! :frown: Fred

Will
04-30-2006, 11:49 AM
That really sucks.......:frown:
Hopefully the "Finder" is an Honest one......that's getting rare these days though:-|
I ensure my Name etc. is marked on most of my Packs and gear so in the event I may "lose" something it Greatly increases the chances of finding its way back to me :wink:

Thunderstix
04-30-2006, 12:31 PM
I used to put my name on everything, but have lately got out of the habit. I am going to start again though.

Elkhound
05-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Sorry to hear Thunderstix.

This weekend my buddy and I came across a chainsaw in the middle of the road. Got out, called a few times. Checked out the chainsaw, here is the weird thing, there was a bear claw stuck in the chain:shock: blood still wet. We looked for any blood trail. Didn't want some shake cutter bleeding in the woods after fending off a bear or something. Looked over an embankment and there was another chainsaw and some gas next to some shakes. Couldn't find anything else. Strange!.....I took some pics of the chainsaw and claw. I might start another thread about it and show the pics. Anyway, to make my point..........we just moved the chainsaw out of the way, pointed it in the same direction and here is hoping the guys just went into town to have a break. We coud have had 2 chainsaws and some gas. But some of us are not dick heads.

bsa30-06
05-01-2006, 04:48 PM
A chainsaw with a bear claw stuck to it in the middle of the road and nobody around , something dont smell right if you ask me.

Thunderstix
05-02-2006, 06:46 AM
Yeah, that is pretty weird!

Thunderstix
05-02-2006, 06:46 AM
Oh yeah, my wife put an ad in the paper for me yesterday as I am in PG until tonight....picking up my new Brno ZKK in .375 H&H when I go through Burns Lake this afternoon....Waaaaahhhhooooo!!!

zedex
05-02-2006, 08:08 AM
Holy jesus TS that sucks to lose your stuff. I had a similar experience but was loading my gear in my truck in Kamloops. Didnt lock the truck between loads and some thief stole my gear. My own fault.Lesson learned. Move on.

The chainsaw story is interesting. Pics. Pics

Elkhound
05-04-2006, 10:17 AM
Any word ThunderStix? Don't want to hijack this thread so here is a link to the chainsaw pics
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=613

Thunderstix
05-04-2006, 04:12 PM
No word yet.