PDA

View Full Version : kootenay buck

born2hunt
09-05-2010, 12:12 PM
just thought i would share a picture of a kootenay buck we got a few years ago (9x 11 scorable points) , hunted a hugh burn and found this fella eating the fresh vegatation:) didnt bothered to have it scored -- what do ya think? http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt59/born2hunt_photo/scan0001.jpg
happy hunting :)

Moose Guide
09-05-2010, 12:20 PM
that is a fantastic character buck, I don't think it will score well(too much junk for typical-not enough for non typ) but what a fantastic rack!!!

OutWest
09-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Gross is where it's at anyways!

Jelvis
09-05-2010, 12:51 PM
I hate to say it lol but the antlers are all character (meaning a no count needed)
... wood be lucky to hit 120 non typ
Jel .. I think the buck got too close to the wild fire .. No score .. too low to count .. sorry ..

Caribou_lou
09-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Gross is where it's at anyways!

Nets are for fish!

No clue what it would score. Great buck though.

kennyj
09-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Thats a wopper. I would look up the local scorer and get it done. Awesome buck.
kenny

BiG Boar
09-05-2010, 01:32 PM
I will guess and say 185 gross

showtimebc
09-05-2010, 01:56 PM
cool lookin buck, im guessin he's crowding 175 gross for a score

.330 Dakota
09-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Cool lookin critter regardless of score

dana
09-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Great looking Nontypical. Hard to judge from the angle of the pic but looks like a decent mainframe on him. The back forks look really good and he looks like he's got good mass. I wouldn't be surprised if that buck broke 190 gross NT.

WoodOx
09-05-2010, 05:01 PM
id tend to agree 185 or 190+ NT.

Sprig
09-05-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm with Dana on this one. I see a 170 ish typical frame and 17" of extras.
Great buck, have it scored and let us know.

Moose Guide
09-05-2010, 05:38 PM
I hate to say it lol but the antlers are all character (meaning a no count needed)
Jel .. I think the buck got too close to the wild fire .. No score .. too low to count .. sorry ..

I guess you don't score much!

steepNdeep
09-05-2010, 06:25 PM

Great buck! Love that mass!

Better that any buck Jelvis has gotten in the last decade... which explains why he's doesn't know how to score... :rolleyes:

born2hunt
09-05-2010, 06:40 PM
[quote=Jelvis;739398]I hate to say it lol but the antlers are all character (meaning a no count needed)
Jel .. I think the buck got too close to the wild fire .. No score .. too low to count .. sorry ..[/quote

lmao ; whatever Jel you obliviously know it ALL :)

Jelvis
09-05-2010, 06:44 PM
You asked I spoke, sorry for joking around it's a beauty I see a 150 four frame and some junk in the trunk 161 max for the fishing nets ..
Jel .. Man it's hard to tell in a picture the rack ain't too wide ok ... and not even so lots of deductions ..
Sorry for living .. lol .. I guess next time one of you say they got a 200 I'll be smiling lol ..

Fisher-Dude
09-05-2010, 07:58 PM
I think "Jelvis" is the code word for "Jealous."

I'm with the 180+ group on that buck. Really awesome character and some solid inches on the main frame where it counts. He belongs on your wall. :wink:

Bighorn hunter
09-05-2010, 08:14 PM
I think "Jelvis" is the Indian word for "Jealous."

I'm with the 180+ group on that buck. Really awesome character and some solid inches on the main frame where it counts. He belongs on your wall. :wink:

Yep,, I would have to go along with that

BH

dana
09-05-2010, 08:19 PM
You asked I spoke, sorry for joking around it's a beauty I see a 150 four frame and some junk in the trunk 161 max for the fishing nets ..
Jel .. Man it's hard to tell in a picture the rack ain't too wide ok ... and not even so lots of deductions ..
Sorry for living .. lol .. I guess next time one of you say they got a 200 I'll be smiling lol ..

Sooo Jelly, post up your numbers and show us where we are wrong. I'm really curious where the 'lots of deductions' are. Break it down for us and teach us newbies a thing or two on what a good buck looks like. All I know, this pic is far better than that crappy pic of that dead head of yours that you claim is such a monster that you've been bumping the thread for 5 years now.

Jelvis
09-05-2010, 08:28 PM
I know a fella in Kamloops that won't judge by a photo, you got to bring him over to measure, he said can't tell too accurately, simply by photos.
Jel .. Too many variables to guess from .. need it in the hands ..
A bird in the hand, is worth ten in the bush .. tactile for taping ...
I'll just say humbly, I've seen two way bigger and more even in the last two seasons taken during gos mule deer. One from 8 and one from 3 .. one went 183 .. and was 33 inches wide, this one in the picture lucky to reach 22 inches wide .. imho from the photo alone ..

dana
09-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Jelly, show us the math dude. What are the L and R G1, G2, G3, G4, H1, H2, H3, and H4?. Then Add up the A's and give the IS. Shazam, you've done it. 1, 2, 3, teach us oh master.

Jelvis
09-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Like I said it's a character rack, let's leave it at that for now, make a place for it in the shed out back on the wall ..
Jel .. It's a wall hanger .. let's leave it at that for nowzerz
P.S. two fella in town here believe it or not, wouldn't have shot that buck ..
I know your saying jels nuts but I'm serious .. these guys want bigger one ..
I've seen their bah hucks whoa region 8 and 3 monsters
It was ShamWow all over, throw in the Slap-Chop and the Graty in the next 20 minutes, you know we can't do this all day .. I'll throw in 8 ShamWows with that .. You'd be crazy not to have one .. Order now ..

born2hunt
09-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Like I said it's a character rack, let's leave it at that for now, make a place for it in the shed out back on the wall ..
Jel .. It's a wall hanger .. let's leave it at that for nowzerz
P.S. two fella in town here believe it or not, wouldn't have shot that buck ..
I know your saying jels nuts but I'm serious .. these guys want bigger one ..
I've seen their bah hucks whoa region 8 and 3 monsters
It was ShamWow all over, throw in the Slap-Chop and the Graty in the next 20 minutes, you know we can't do this all day .. I'll throw in 8 ShamWows with that .. You'd be crazy not to have one .. Order now ..

well i guess your correct jelly the picture dosent do it much justice because the i/s was 24 7/8 at the widest but again what ever your bigger and better and obliviously a better hunter than me cuz no-way in hell im passing on this buck at any time in my life unless you are only passing on it because you abide by the rule of conservation by incompetence ? and once again jell if you dont have anyting positive to say about my post then please say nothing it just discourages people from posting pictures:(

dana
09-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Jelly, its a simple question, so why not do the math? U are the self proclaimed muley guru are you not? You no all and are all. Teach us oh wise 1 so we can learn. I personally don't want to know what the 2 fellas in town woulda or coulda done did. I want to know what Jelvis can do. Come on and feel the noise. Twist and Shout. Oh say can you see the numbers.

Fisher-Dude
09-06-2010, 05:42 AM
Jealous McBullshit, isn't it about time for you to bump your thread of that 27" Kamloops mule deer skull that you found nailed to the side of a barn somewhere, just to show everyone that you have something better? Want to score your found antlers to show us that you even know how?

Kamloops >>>>>>>>>>>>>Jealous<<<<<<<<<<<<< never shot a damned thing.

Rattler
09-06-2010, 09:04 AM
Nice buck! Tough to tell from the angle, good mass and decent length. I would estimate his score around 190nt.

bigben
09-06-2010, 10:46 AM
It would score about 200 or so non typical nice buck if your hunting by the big lake we got another off there similar to this one scored 197 gross non typical congratualtion

JeremyCarrano302
09-06-2010, 11:12 AM
That's a hummer
I wud of crapped a brick if I saw that lol congrats

born2hunt
09-06-2010, 06:22 PM
That's a hummer
I wud of crapped a brick if I saw that lol congrats
thanks.........

rottenrotti
10-04-2010, 05:35 PM
smoker of a buck :) nice girth to it