PDA

View Full Version : youth season success..

3kills
09-05-2010, 07:17 AM
how many guys have put a youth on a buck so far? I put a kid that use to work with me onto a two point last night. not much of a story, went for a lil drive come across this one area and he says this looks like a nice area for deer as he is lookin out my window. I said ya theres a deer right there and it was just a doe. we both looked out his window at the same time to see a doe and a buck runnin i yelled at him buck. he jumped out and i told him where to go cuz the buck was just goin to be on the otherside of this lil ridge. next thing i know boom he looks back and says he is down. then he says we have a bit of a drag though LOL ya it was a bit of a drag it was down in a rivine. it was 2 hours to get him back into the truck and head for home. got a lil lost in the dark snowy bush but found the right road out and head for home. no pics as the deer was a lil cursed and took 2 shots to the head to finish him off.

Rob
09-05-2010, 07:49 AM
Way to go!! How much snow did you come across? And how high?

M.Dean
09-05-2010, 07:54 AM
Congrats to the lucky hunter! It's hard to tell who gets more excited when your with a young hunter when he takes a buck, you or him!!!

deeks1989
09-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Hey congrats! Thats awesome you took him out!
My girlfriends 15 year old brother got his core this last spring and was able to take a nice blackbear....
So just this past weekend I took him out to the EK and he got a nice 2 point whitey in velvet and a really nice mulie buck. The mule deer is 22 3/4 inches wide 4x4! I am sooo happy for him it was awesome to take him out and see the smile on his face as he got his first mule deer and wtd bucks.
congrats to you guy again deeks1989.

alpinetreker
09-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Nice work!! Good on ya for taking him out!

BiG Boar
09-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Cool story. Great to hear! Sometimes it's just as exciting for you when it's their first deer! Good work!

3kills
09-05-2010, 03:54 PM
rob it wasnt stickin just snowin