PDA

View Full Version : Bc Season Opener.

lorneparker1
09-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Well most of you know, ive been looking high and wide over the last little while to try and find a place/people to hunt with for the opener. Being a fairly new transplant its been tough. Offered everything under the sun to some landowners around town, with no avail. So as a last ditch effort I post on here basically saying, if you can find the field I'll bring the gear (layouts, full body dekes, the whole nine, im even decent on the end of a goose call).

Fast foward a few days ago, i get home from work and get a PM from a fella in duncan with the handle Field Marshall, The jist of it was " well im pretty far but if you wanna come out, theres a few geese in the area and you are welcome to come." I was pretty stoked. Got on the horn and was told i dont need to bring anything just be at MCdees at 3:50am and dont be late.. No problem, So i got up at 1am this morning jumped in the shower and hit the road. Got there around 3:30 and Tony was just pulling in. Went to the field and met up with a friend of his Jamie and his dog Billy.

We hunted a field that was holding 100 plus birds yesterday, Unfortuneatly not all of them showed up today, but we did get some shooting, and 7 took the enternal dirt nap. THe birds were pretty wary of our blind set up, and the layouts or a move of the blind we concluded probably would have maybe been the ticket. Had an absolute blast, and met a couple of guys that were amazing company. Thanks again!

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u279/LorneP/P1010046.jpg

peashooter
09-04-2010, 05:10 PM
great story, and pic. looks like you took a shat ticket out of your shirt. don't feel bad, we all forget tp from time to time. lol.

lorneparker1
09-04-2010, 05:29 PM
LOL!! thats exacly what that was from, deer hunting last year. hahaha

peashooter
09-04-2010, 05:31 PM
classic! lol!

Crazy_Farmer
09-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Good to see you get under some birds from the pacific flyway Lorne. I think laydowns are always a plus over fenceline blinds and big blinds on the edge of the field, mud and grass them and you can be invisible. Also helps with birds coming from behind

BiG Boar
09-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Right on! Way to put em down!!!

303Brit
09-04-2010, 11:06 PM
Glad to see you got out Lorne. I'm still working on a couple new fields up here but no luck as of yet.

Marc
09-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Good going boys! Glad to see you guys managed to track some birds down. Lorne what part of the island you from?

lorneparker1
09-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Comox, Met alot of fisherman since ive been out here, and the odd big game hunter, but 0 waterfowl hunters (well until meeting tony). Although i throughly enjoy all aspects of the sports, watefowling is by far my vice!

Lorne

hassan
09-17-2010, 12:01 AM
hello sir nic pic.Actully this is my ist hunting season in canada but i dont no where to go for hunting some ducks and geese.Can u tell me any place or can i play hunting with u its my good fortune for me to joine u.