PDA

View Full Version : chek-mate falcon deluxe

Hunting4Life
09-03-2010, 11:59 PM
would the one piece chek-mate falcon deluxe be a good hunting bow? atm i dont know the difference between a "take-down" recurve and a "one piece" obviously the one piece is made out of one piece of wood but can it be used to "take down" game?

loki
09-04-2010, 02:42 AM
would the one piece chek-mate falcon deluxe be a good hunting bow? atm i dont know the difference between a "take-down" recurve and a "one piece" obviously the one piece is made out of one piece of wood but can it be used to "take down" game?

Hahaha! :lol: This is simply awesome.

Yes a one piece recurve can be used to "take down" game.

A take down recurve is a recurve that you can take the limbs off of for ease of transport and storage.

Either way a take down or one piece bow of proper draw weight suited to the game you're after, fitted properly to your needs, can both "take down" game.

loki
09-04-2010, 07:17 AM
Oh yeah, and I forgot the obvious goodness of a take down recurve. That you can purchase different draw weight limbs and start off light and work your way to heavier draw weight, all with the same bow.

Bow Walker
09-04-2010, 07:27 AM
Do a little surfing at this site for lots of info on Traditional archery....

http://www.threeriversarchery.com/

But loki is right about the take-down recurves. Just remember that you need a minimum draw weight to be legal for hunting.

Hunting4Life
09-04-2010, 10:32 AM
I think Ima get a Fred bear recurve, not sure which 1 yet