PDA

View Full Version : Browning Mirage Compound Bows

parrothead
09-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Any thoughts on this bow? I'm looking for a new bow and am torn between a Browning Mirage and a PSE stinger.

Am I mistaken or does PSE make the Browning bows? In other words am I paying for more for the the Browning name? and the PSE stinger is about the same bow for much cheaper.

Any help would be great!

TimberPig
09-03-2010, 10:09 PM
I can't confirm anything specific to the models you are asking about, but I can confirm that PSE does license the Browning name and produces bows under the Browning name.

Bow Walker
09-04-2010, 07:35 AM
There ya go....buy with knowledge and confidence.

PSE has a good reputation and the Browning Mirage is a good bow. So get the one that feels right.

Bowzone_Mikey
09-04-2010, 08:25 AM
Every Compound bow on the Planet has a license attatched to it by PSE .... whether it be a cable slide, draw stop, control cable ... ... or something .... PSE gets paid every time you buy a bow ...

But Ya .. Browning Bows are made by PSE ... they are typically clones of the PSE beginner models

parrothead
09-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Good to know ! Thanks fellas !

Any suggestions on a good mid-level bow? I live in the lower mainland and still looking for a good bow shop. I used to live in the Kootenays and had a great hook up there.

bsa30-06
09-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Good to know ! Thanks fellas !

Any suggestions on a good mid-level bow? I live in the lower mainland and still looking for a good bow shop. I used to live in the Kootenays and had a great hook up there.

Boormans in new west i believe there on 6th street.

http://www.boormanarchery.com/

try that.

hardnocks
09-04-2010, 11:59 AM
There was two different browning mirages. one was a cam 1/2 witch was a super bow . The single cam is basicly a stinger. good bow

Evolution
09-07-2010, 06:59 PM
I use a Browning Verado, havent had any problems. But I knew of 4 deer, 2 Blackies and a dozen or so grouse that really didnt care much for it.

Bow Walker
09-08-2010, 08:44 AM
Boorman's website sucks the big one. Always has. Their store/shop is top notch, though. Chuck is a good tech and a super coach. Ron will (given half a chance) talk your ear off - but he's got a huge amount of experience.

All in all a good place.

hardnocks
09-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Boorman's website sucks the big one. Always has. Their store/shop is top notch, though. Chuck is a good tech and a super coach. Ron will (given half a chance) talk your ear off - but he's got a huge amount of experience.

All in all a good place.

chuck is not even their anymore .

Bow Walker
09-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Retired? Just tired? Moved on? Decided to pursue his cooking career?

He is a very good chef.

Both he and Ron are not youngsters anymore.

OK..........but what about the website?!?

I still like Boorman's for selection, enthusiasm, and their indoor range.

hardnocks
09-08-2010, 08:05 PM
The selection wasn`t that good in the beginning of august . Very few broadheads out of date sights and rests .

chuck moved to kelowna