PDA

View Full Version : Sheep Hunt, Bad News

Buckster
09-02-2010, 09:40 PM
My dream 6-28 sheep/grizz hunt is turning into a living nightmare. My hunting buddy just got diagnosed with throat cancer! And our other friend dropped out two weeks ago. Anyone want to go? Planning on leaving Saturday Sept 11th, and return Sept 26th to/from Cranbrook. Might just have to go alone?

Buckster

BlacktailStalker
09-03-2010, 12:40 AM
Hope it pans out for you... I can relate.
Best of luck.

ydouask
09-03-2010, 05:36 AM
Very sorry to hear about your partner with throat cancer, trust today's procedures will have him ready to plan on going with you again in the future seasons.
Good of you to make the offer to include someone new... now, if I were 25, ok, 35 years younger .....!

srupp
09-03-2010, 09:08 AM
hmmm shitty news fer sure..not a place to be hiking alone at that time of the year???

We are also headed to 6-28 with 4 guys and the floatplane..we just cant seem to be able to rent a tidy tank for extra Avgas..

whatever happens contemplate saftety FIRST..ALREADY one missing Sheep hunter in Spatsizzi..for how many years???:confused:

cheers
Steven

blueboy
09-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Sorry about your freind i hope he can go next year, but sheep hunting is always better with two guy,s good luck

Buckster
09-09-2010, 10:40 PM
OK Guys.... This is getting serious I need a sheep hunting partner....... Please don't make me beg.

A message to Srupp If you guys are flying around the Blanchard/Stanley Creek area please keep an eye out for me if you will, as this is where I plan to be. Black Tundra Crew Cab, Blue 2 man Tent. Good luck to you guys.

Buckster

P.S. Anyone who wants to go call my cell 250 421 7103

Mik
09-09-2010, 11:52 PM
Wishing your friend all the best for a speedy recovery! And be careful out there on your own. Good Luck and safe hunting

GoatGuy
09-10-2010, 02:22 AM
hmmm shitty news fer sure..not a place to be hiking alone at that time of the year???

We are also headed to 6-28 with 4 guys and the floatplane..we just cant seem to be able to rent a tidy tank for extra Avgas..

whatever happens contemplate saftety FIRST..ALREADY one missing Sheep hunter in Spatsizzi..for how many years???:confused:

cheers
Steven
Just buy barrels and use a pump - works good.

srupp
09-10-2010, 10:15 AM
buckster tried your cell.....

will
try again after work..

srupp

stoneslinger
09-16-2010, 08:32 AM
I am very saddened to hear about the plight of your friend.
Go hunt somewhere else. Lots of much, much better places in between. 6-28 kinda sucks IMHO. Improvise and move on.

All the best to your friend.