PDA

View Full Version : Muchalat Lake

MarkD
09-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Hey everyone I sort of Lurk on this site more then put my 2 cents in... But I am heading out to Muchalat Lake outside of Gold River for the long weekend. Never been there and was hoping for some fishing advice. I usually troll in my aluminum boat. Just curious if anyone has had any success there? Thanx in advance and in the future I hope to be able to contribute more as I get more fishing/hunting experience!! :-D

Wood butcher
09-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Rumour has it you just might run into the odd steelhead in that lake, one can hope. Only fished the river myself and not for a few years now. If your driving past the Heber it might be worth a cast or two:wink:

MarkD
09-02-2010, 06:38 PM
Thanx for the tip! I appreciate it. I'll keep u posted ;)

lilhoss
09-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Stop at the Riverside sportshop in Campbell River and pick up some dew worms.If the water temp is still a little warm,the fish will be less likely to hit on lures or a gangtroll.I like fishing the shoals in the mornings and evenings with the worms either on the bottom,or with a bobber setup.The evenings tend to find the bigger cutties coming into the shallows to feed on the smaller fish and stickleback.If your gonna troll I'd pick up a couple of smaller rapala plugs that mimmick the smaller trout.Good luck.

cdub
09-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Camped up there on Labour day a couple years back. A few trout and a sockeye.