PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Vizsla

steel_ram
09-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Anyone know of any breeders in BC.

Angel
09-02-2010, 01:20 PM
we have looked at these dogs as well. there are a few breeders throughout BC. a couple on the Island and one in Chilliwack. Be careful and do your research on the breed and the breeders. There are a few in Washington that are worth checking out as well. good luck.

The Mule
09-02-2010, 09:35 PM
We have a female from the chilliwack breeder. Put your time in lookin around in washington and oregon. i`ve seen the dogs from the oregon breeder and they are nice. Chilliwack dogs are nice, but mine is very hyper and tough to train.

sakohunter
09-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Go to the NAVHDA web sites and start there. The States is where you will find a proper Vizsla the one I have seen up here are not right. Really funny looking not like a pointer should look like and I have hunted with a lot of different pointers and setters. Good Luck

sakohunter
09-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Hey Mule,

Most pointers can be difficult to train, but with practice, patients, and lots of repetition they will find their groove.

257WBYMAG
09-09-2010, 12:02 AM
We got our Vizsla from Point Blank Kennels. They are located in Northwood Ont. Liz Outram is the owner. She is an active upland gamer. Outstanding in my opinion. Flew from PG BC to Toronto to pick her up.

Wrj
12-26-2014, 11:30 PM
Reviveing an older thread...

I'm in the market for a Vizsla, and I'm having trouble finding breeders in BC. I've heard there is or was a breeder on V.I. which would be ideal, but I'm willing to go the the right place (preferably within BC) to find the right dog. Really just writing this to the guys and girls that have experience with the Vizsla breed, and if they can give me some recommended breeders they've dealt with. Any up to date info helps, thanks in advance

WRJ

Foxton Gundogs
12-27-2014, 11:03 AM
https://pointblankdogs.com/Puppies_Started_Dogs.php

http://www.vizslavilla.com/Our_Dogs.html

Wrj
12-27-2014, 07:48 PM
Thanks Foxton! I've visited these webpages previously, beautiful dogs! Ideally I would like a kennel that was in BC so I could visit the breeder a few times first..I will do some more research, thanks again

WRJ

Foxton Gundogs
12-27-2014, 08:29 PM
Don't think you will find any working Vizslas in B.C. to be honest I sell a lot of pups to buyers who never see them. If you tell the breeder what you want he\she will probably be able to pick you out a better pup than you can with one visit, after all he sees the pups every day and observes them in a 'natural' inviroment. I have bought pups sight unseen as well and never had a bad one. I would not hesitate for 1 second to buy a pup from a reputable breeder long distance.

Wrj
12-27-2014, 10:55 PM
Don't think you will find any working Vizslas in B.C. to be honest I sell a lot of pups to buyers who never see them. If you tell the breeder what you want he\she will probably be able to pick you out a better pup than you can with one visit, after all he sees the pups every day and observes them in a 'natural' inviroment. I have bought pups sight unseen as well and never had a bad one. I would not hesitate for 1 second to buy a pup from a reputable breeder long distance.

Really good point Foxton, I'm going to get in contact with the few you've provided and get some more info...have you used either personally? Thanks again!

Foxton Gundogs
12-28-2014, 07:25 AM
Sorry, I am not a pointing dog man but I have shot over a couple. They were both good versatile dogs but didn't handle the cold(land or water) well. One came from a litter in of all places Spuzzum and the other was a Hungarian import. This was in the early 70s however..

Kasomor
08-22-2015, 10:50 AM
Anyone know anything about Fraser River vizlas? Looking for a family pet ( not for me. :-) Private message me if you'd like.

Thanks

Cdn-Redneck
08-22-2015, 11:20 AM
Hope they like long walks!!

Kasomor
08-22-2015, 11:26 AM
Hope they like long walks!!

:p They are a family of runners

Jimsue
08-24-2015, 08:38 AM
It takes 2 hours to get to SeaTac and $300 will get you a dog from any where in the USA. Dogs are less expensive in the states and you will have more to choose from. Do some digging south of the 49 if you want a good one.IMHO

OrganicThoughts
08-26-2015, 02:52 PM
Avoid Fraser River Vizsla's. They are a puppy mill and don't do OFA health tests, title their dogs, hunt, nor register with CKC. I am a hobby breeder of Vizsla's here in BC. Breed very rarely, but am constantly dealing with fall out from Fraser River's breeding program. They do not stand by their dogs. If anyone wants references where to get a good quality hunting Vizsla PM me.