PDA

View Full Version : Graham / Halfway River

coastalhunter
09-01-2010, 07:09 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has any information on floating from Crying Girl Prairie to where the Graham dumps into the Halfway? Heading there for moose and elk and think this might be a nice hunt. If anyone has done it or has any info like time it takes, hunting chance, obstacles, etc it would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

willy442
09-01-2010, 09:09 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has any information on floating from Crying Girl Prairie to where the Graham dumps into the Halfway? Heading there for moose and elk and think this might be a nice hunt. If anyone has done it or has any info like time it takes, hunting chance, obstacles, etc it would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

I've travelled the river a few times with a river boat earlier in the year. Should not be much of a problem in a rubber raft if thats what you are thinking. Should be good hunting if you get out on the flats periodically. Time I'm not sure on but I would think 1 full day

shawnwells
09-02-2010, 12:05 PM
when are you heading up there coastalhunter?

bridger
09-02-2010, 08:52 PM
in most years that is an easy float. this year the water is way below normal levels so could be an issue.

daycort
09-03-2010, 10:23 AM
From Crying Girl to the Halfway/Graham campsite takes 3 days. I would give yourself 5 days for hunting. If by morning of day 2 you haven't shot anything and are travelling the river you will incounter some ruff shit in the river, I hope you are good in them rafts. There is a busted canoe just down stream that shows just how ruff the river is. By day 3 you will be into private land on both sides periodically. check your map.

It is not like running the river in a jet boat. 5 or 6 hours in a raft is long enough.

chinook
09-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Ive hunted the area a couple of times in the past and have always wanted to do that drift but never had the set up for it. If you do it, let us know how you make out.

Good Luck!!

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
09-07-2010, 09:54 PM
From Crying Girl to the Halfway/Graham campsite takes 3 days. I would give yourself 5 days for hunting. If by morning of day 2 you haven't shot anything and are travelling the river you will incounter some ruff shit in the river, I hope you are good in them rafts. There is a busted canoe just down stream that shows just how ruff the river is. By day 3 you will be into private land on both sides periodically. check your map.

It is not like running the river in a jet boat. 5 or 6 hours in a raft is long enough.

what are the rules of shooting in the river with private land on both sides should be good to go???

bridger
09-07-2010, 11:23 PM
pay attention to daycorts advice. he has been there and done that unlike some other replies. floating northern rivers is challenging.